Chapter 10

Bounded By Your Love


Jessica placed the bouquet of white lilies in front of the tombstone. Nichkhun stood behind her and watched on. He saw tears starting to well up in her eyes, before they streamed down her rosy cheeks. She tried to stifle her cries, as her hand cupped over tightly. Carefully, Nichkhun used a piece of tissue and wiped the tears on her cheeks. She looked up at him, as he flashed a reassuring smile back.

“Don’t worry, I’m here.” He coaxed gently, sensing the insecurity coming from her.

He had guessed that during these years, she was always visiting the grave alone by herself. There was no one she could lean onto whenever she felt like crying. There was no one she could depend on whenever she felt lonely.

“Thanks.” She whispered, before holding onto his hand tightly, “Mummy, I brought someone else here today. He’s my boyfriend, Nichkhun.”

“Happy birthday, Aunty. You don’t have to worry about Jessica. I’ll take good care of her.” Nichkhun said.

Upon hearing his words, Jessica could not help but smile from the bottom of her heart. She began wondering if it was because of Nichkhun’s presence today. She actually felt that a huge part of the burden being lifted off, being more relaxed than usual. As they strolled back to the car hand-in-hand, Jessica looked over to him, and said silently to herself, “Thank you, Nichkhun.”


__________________________


“Come on, faster, sica!” Nichkhun beckoned.

“Ugh, I’m so sleepy…and tired. Why do we have to watch the sunrise?” Jessica complained as she dragged herself up the slope.

“Well, isn’t it romantic to watch the sunrise together?” Nichkhun frowned, before mumbling to himself, “I swear the book wrote that a sunrise with my girlfriend is a good opportunity to build up our relationship.”

“I prefer to have my sleep instead.” She said, trying her best to catch up with Nichkhun.

Nichkhun turned and looked back at Jessica. Letting out a loud sigh, he hurried over to her.

“Alright, don’t complain that I’m not a gentleman. Since we’re about three-quarters up already, I shall piggyback you up to the summit.” He offered.

Jessica’s eyes immediately lit up when she heard his words. Nodding her head rapidly in agreement, Nichkhun lowered himself and allowed Jessica to get onto his back. She wrapped her arms around his back tightly. It felt so comfortable being on his masculine back.

“Ha, you should lose some weight, sica, or I won’t ever piggyback you again.” Nichkhun joked.

She sulked in displeasure, “You should be the one training up your muscles instead. It’s your honor to be able to piggyback me. No guys have ever carried me before.”

“Oh? Are you serious? I’ve never piggybacked any women before. You’re the first…” Nichkhun said, before murmuring to himself, “and hopefully, the last one too.”

“Huh? What did you say?” She asked sleepily, resting her head near the back of his neck.

“Nothing. Get some sleep. I’ll call you again when we reach.” He said.

“Hmm.” She answered, drifting off to sleep almost immediately.


__________________________


“Oh my, oh my! Look over here, why are you smiling so happily, khun?” Nichan eyed suspiciously at his brother.

“Shh, we’re in the office.” Nichkhun said.

“Come clean with me now. So both of you watched the sunrise this morning?” Nichan asked.

Nichkhun nodded his head, and grinned sheepishly. He could probably never forget that priceless expression on Jessica’s face when she saw the sunrise.

“And you visited her mother a few days ago as well?” Nichan asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, what’s wrong?” Nichkhun did not understand Nichan’s hint.

“You’re so dead, my brother. You’re in love.” Nichan shook his head despairingly.

Nichkhun darted his eyes in suspicion. How could it be? Well, it was deniable that he got along pretty well with Jessica lately after that arguemnt, even her tantrums became an enjoyment to him.

“So what if I like her? Well, the contract didn’t state that I can’t fall in love with her, did it?” Nichkhun replied hastily, before going off in another direction.

Nichan shook his head as he watched Nichkhun leave, “Geez, he’s really down with the love bug.”


_______________________

 

Nichkhun waited patiently outside the building, leaning against his car. Jessica would only be off around 20 minutes later. For the past few days, their relationship had improved significantly since they were constantly together after wrapping up their work. Soon, Jessica finished her work, and came downstairs to meet Nichkhun.

“Where’s donghae? How about asking him to join us for dinner?” Nichkhun suggested.

“He’s having an appointment with the advertising company, so he can’t join us.” Jessica answered as she got into the car.

As they were on the way to the restaurant, Nichkhun informed Jessica about the family gathering which his father had told him.

“Family gathering on Sunday? That means tomorrow? But why so fast?” she asked.

“Ah, my father insisted that you’re to turn up. He wants to introduce you to our relatives and family friends.” Nichkhun explained.

Jessica felt uneasy about the meeting. Nichkhun saw the hesitation and confusion in Jessica.

“You don’t have to worry. They’re all very nice people, especially my father. He’s so eager to meet you.” Nichkhun smiled, and reached over to hold onto Jessica’s hand.

‘Ah-choo!’ Jessica sneezed hard and quickly covered with a piece of tissue. Nichkhun reached over and touched on her forehead gently.

“Oh? You’re having a slight fever. Have you seen the doctor yet?” He asked concerned.

Jessica shrugged it off, “It’s just a normal cold. I’m fine after taking the cold tablets.”

“You aren’t feeling well, and you still work. Why didn’t you tell donghae that you’re sick?” Nichkhun said, turning the steering wheel and drove the car off in a different direction.

“Well…” She paused for a while, “Hae oppa went through many connections before he helped me obtain a chance for an audition today. I can’t disappoint him.”

Nichkhun stopped the car by the side of the road, “Alright, we’ve reached.”

“Oh?” Jessica looked out of the window, “Why are we here?”

“To see a doctor, my dear girl.” Nichkhun replied, and dragged the reluctant Jessica out of the car, before both of them entered into the clinic.