Chapter 17

Send Noodz ;)

Johnny was feeling weird to say the least. He stepped foot into the high school like he promised he'd do. It gave a feel of a small fest with all the food stands around. He had thoughts of just lying and saying he was there while he stayed at home but then guilt would eat him away. Ten was alone and that just didn't sit well with Johnny at all. It's Ten's first performance of just him showing what he's got and someone should be there for him for moral support. He'd also come to the conclusion that if he saw Ten tonight he could possibly stop the imaginary feelings he's been feeling lately. Imaginary because he knows next to nothing of the younger guy.

He walked around for a bit before he found the gym where the dance competition was going to take place in. The place was a bit empty and he figured that it would be starting a bit later. So he sat on the middle row of the bleachers and took out his phone to look at his messages. He had just one and it was from Ten.

 


Veryhotyten: I'm nervous

Parrotsarelife: don't be!

Parrotsarelife: you'll do great!

Veryhotyten: are you here yet?

Parrotsarelife: I'm here

Veryhotyten: what are you wearing?

Parrotsarelife: don't be silly Ten. We're not going to see each other.

Veryhotyten: fine -_-

Veryhotyten: I'm getting ready

Veryhotyten: I think you'll like what I'm wearing

Parrotsarelife: yeah okay sure

Parrotsarelife: we'll see

 


Johnny wore a simple white thin long sleeved shirt with jeans. He tried hard to look like he didn't try at all. But he tried hard to look good, flopping his hair from side to side to see which looked best. Ten had said they didn't have to see each other but Johnny felt like he should at least say hello. So he'll first have to see who Ten was the say hello and then go home and never talk to him again. No that's too harsh, he'd still talk to him.

It wasn't particularly cold but Johnny's hands were trembling slightly when a man stood on the built stage and started speaking into the microphone. It was starting. And that's when people started piling into the gym and taking their seats. Johnny might've felt offended when people passed right by him, but more offended when a girl sat right next to him. Girl, there are more spaces for you to sit at.

"What are you doing here?" Johnny looked up and saw Yuta, one of his best friends, with a confused look on his handsome face.

"I'm here for a friend, what are you doing here?"

Yuta sat beside him. "Well if you didn't know Hansol studies here and he's participating."

Johnny nodded and directed his attention back to the stage were a group of six girls were standing in the middle in position. The LED screen in the back read "GFriend" and he supposed that's the name of the group. The logo was pretty cute and there were names below it. Kim Sojung, Jung Yerin, Jung Eunbi, Choi Yuna, Hwang Eunbi, Kim Yewon. Johnny supposes one of those two Eunbi's is Doyoung's girlfriend. Doyoung being Ten's best friend.

The dance starts and for a cute looking group they packed a punch. The choreography was far from cute and easy, which was what Johnny was expecting. It was powerful and full of energy. Johnny was getting hyped and this was just the intro. The moves ranged from semi y to powerful and complicated. Then they formed a line and that's when they broke it down for real. That's what this is about. The girl in the middle was totally killing it. If Johnny wasn't gay he'd be enjoying this a lot more than he should've. Tang tang tang motherers.

The rest were pretty boring in Johnny's opinion, they were either too cute or too try hard. But then this group called Astro came along and hyped Johnny back up. They were cute and Johnny was falling hard for the one that kept smiling really wide. Oh he's gay. The definition of this group was: three tall, three small.

"You're enjoying this too much." Yuta said suddenly.

Johnny shrugged. He didn't care.

The next group was got7. Clever name ay. But by that time Johnny was starting to fall asleep. Then Yuta nudged him to wake his up. "Taeyong's boyfriend is up."

"Jaehyun dances?"

"Yeah, he's is an group called 97 liners."

"That's a lame name."

"I know right."

"So where's Taeyong?" Johnny asked him as the "97 liners" were at the front.

"I don't know I lost him on the way here."

Then the announcer came back to the front and announced the next performer. "Next we have Ten? As in the number?" He asked someone at th back. "Okay, we have Ten, and tenth grader and his crew."

Johnny was close to panicking. He'll see what Ten looks like when the stupid MC just gets off and stops talking. He was anxious to see what Ten truly looks like. He's expecting some busted dude with a horrible sense of fashion. But something in his gut was saying he was wrong and when the guys walked up on stage Johnny couldn't believe what he was seeing.

The guy that asked for nudes almost every day, the guy that always makes ual advances, the guy that pesters Johnny and drives him crazy, that guy. Ten. Ten is gorgeous. Johnny's having a mental breakdown. Ten is actually beautiful, if he'd known this Ten wouldn't be the one asking for nudes. Ten wore white loose clothing and A BLACK CHOKER. That er did it on purpose. Either way Johnny was way too distracted to think about that.

The mic got passed to him and he smiled and waved. He looked uncertain. "Hello, I'm Chittaphon Leechaiyakul but I go by Ten. I'm in grade ten class two. This first piece that we're about to do is a dream-like, mystical performance, also Hwang Eunbi from Gfriend is gonna be part of this dance so thanks to her this can be complete. She worked really hard as I did and just yeah, enjoy."

Right from the start Johnny was captivated. The fluid wave like moves were done so effortlessly yet they looked amazing. The other dancers were amazing as well but Ten stood out the most, not only because his clothes were white oppose to the dancers wearing black. But because there was just something about the way he moved that made him look ethereal. Johnny was no dance expert but in this moment he didn't know why Ten was placed at the back or why he thought he had no stage presence. Ten was dominating not only the stage but also the audiences eyes. Especially Johnny's. He could not take his eyes off of Ten. The way he moved was too perfect. Ten was too perfect to be "veryhotyten".

There was no way Johnny could compete with that. No way in hell would Ten even look at him seeing as he was perfect compared to Johnny.

Hwang Eunbi came out in similar clothes but with flower patterns adorning the silky black material. The couple dance was beautiful but if you asked Johnny he'd say it was okay. Merely because he's jealous she gets to be so close with Ten. After she leaves and Ten has the stage all to himself Johnny can enjoy the rest of the performance. And near the end Johnny may have screamed "YES CLEAN THAT FLOOR". But that's it.

After the performance was done Johnny could finally breath again normally.

But then Ten walked up to the mic slightly breathless and smiled. "There's one more performance that I'll be doing but this one will be a little different, stay tuned."

Holy there's more. There were a few minutes of silence before Ten came back up in a whole different aura. The lights changed from white to blood red and the screen read "Devil". Johnny no longer has a heartbeat. From the very first moment it started it was clear this was nothing like dream in a dream. dream in a dream is mystical with a dreamy feel. This was nowhere near dreamy, this was some diabolical .

More into the performance Johnny came to the conclusion that Ten was Satan himself. But if Ten was Satan then Johnny was ready to sell his soul. What? No. Johnny was better than this, keep it in your pants John Seo that's how you get aids.

"This guy's great."

Then the crowd screamed when he twisted his ing body. HOW? Johnny's jaw practically hit the floor. This was the most amazed he's been, and last time he was shocked was when Taeyong and Jaehyun ed in the school's bleachers in ing daylight. Yes Johnny caught them. To this day Johnny wondered how Jaehyun got in cause he wasn't a student there.

It is confirmed. Ten is the actual devil.


Next were Gfriend again and Johnny was all for it. He was there for them, cleanse my soul girlies. They did a cover of "into the new world" and they actually sang live. Debut them. They're beyond talented. Apparently that was the closing act. And Johnny was a bit disappointed because he wanted a Ten encore. ENCORE ENCORE ENCORE. He wanted a Tencore. You can't spell talent without TEN, TalENt. But this was no Ten centric event so that wasn't happening.

The announcer came back up stage after a few minutes with a paper in his crusty looking hands. "So now we're announcing the winners."

"In third place we have Ji Hansol from grade twelve."

Yuta cheered like there was no tomorrow. "THATS MY BOYFRIEND RIGHT THERE!" He yelled while jumping in place and fist pumping the air.

"Second place is, Chittaphon Leechaiyakul from grade ten." He absolutely butchered that name, no worries Johnny would too.

Ten stood on stage with a big smile while eyeing the audience. That is looking for me, isn't he? Johnny thought. It's a good this he's with Yuta and not Taeyong.

"For first place we had a hard time deciding but it's undeniably that Gfriend were a lot more prepared than the rest."

Okay. That right there was bull. If it weren't for that comment Johnny would've been fine with it. Ten was far more prepared than them, he made two performances all which took a lot more skill and energy. But whatever, Johnny isn't a professional. He's still allowed to be salty.

When the guy kept talking, Johnny excused himself to Yuta to go outside. He needed a breath of fresh air. Not only is Ten hot, he's talented, has a cute voice and Johnny is ready to kill himself because this isn't fair, this isn't the reality he wanted. Ten can't be this attractive he doesn't want to believe it. Johnny looked to the moon and made a pained facial expression. "You hate me don't you?"

Apparently the event was over and all the people were making their way out giving strange looks at him. Johnny ran as far as he could to GET AWAY. He can't risk bumping into Ten after the revelation that he isn't as ugly as he thought. No, he's far from ugly. He's possibly the most beautiful guy he'd ever seen, and he's friends with Taeyong so that's a lot to say.

"Johnny!"

no. Taeyong can off. "Don't come any closer!" Johnny extended his arms as to prevent Taeyong from going anywhere near him. Near his crazy self. "Go away!"

"Why?" Taeyong grinned. "Jaehyun actually wants to hang out with all of us, I was gonna text you but Yuta said you were here. We're going for pizza, come on."

Johnny straightened himself and shrugged. "Oh, okay."

Jaehyun soon joined them. "I'm gonna ask Ten to join us."

Johnny halted his steps and laughed while walking backwards. "Oh guys! I actually have to leave I'm like really late to a... uh family dinner!"

"But you live alone."

"MY MOM IS CALLING ME, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT." Johnny ran off.

"Hey wait!!" Taeyong yelled after him.

Johnny's resolution to talk to Ten crumbled. Now that he knows Ten is really attractive he has no confidence in talking to him. PLUS! Johnny came here to make those strange feelings go away not make them stronger and eat his soul away.

He was about to leave when caught sight of Ten standing alone in the middle of a bunch of groups surrounded by friends and possibly family. Ten looked lost and sad, Johnny couldn't help but feel bad for him. He had flowers in his hands and a medal hanging from his neck but he was lonely. No one's there for him. Johnny feels guilty. The younger took his phone out and seemed to be typing something.

Not even a minute later Johnny felt his pocket vibrate. He took out his phone to see a new incoming message. It was from Ten.

 

Veryhotyten: are you still here?

 

Johnny looked up and the facial expression on Ten was heartbreaking. Johnny could see just how alone he felt in that moment. Everyone was surrounded by family and friends except him. So Johnny ridding of any thoughts in leaving he build up the courage and started walking up to the unsuspecting Ten. This is the least he could do as a friend, support him in this moment. A moment that should be happy.

But of course everything's going wrong today. No God, or higher entity is on his side. What has Johnny done wrong? Did he kill someone on his past life? Did he offend anyone in this current one? He didn't mean it! Please God! Hear my prayers. Guess he didn't pray hard enough because Jaehyun walked up to Ten and snatched him away. But no that's not all. Yuta actually pointed to Johnny and they all started walking to him. Is this the time to scram? Yeah he thinks so. But Hansol actually threw his arm around his neck from the back. No way out. JOHNNY YOURE A !

"Ten this is our friend-"

"Youngho." Johnny blurted out in panic.

"Oh hi, Youngho, I'm Ten." Ten smiled. And whoa, up close it was more beautiful. Johnny could die and go to heaven. What is reality? Obviously Ten couldn't be real. No one should be allowed to be this perfect. "I was actually waiting for someone..." he said, directed at Jaehyun.

"Who?"

"His name's Johnny."

"Oh he-"

"He left." Johnny blurred out.

"What?" Ten asked, seemingly hurt.

"But J-" Yuta started.

"He left, Yuta, he had menstrual cramps."

Yuta raised his brows. "He had menstrual cramps?"

"Yeah-"

"Men don't get periods." Hansol deadpanned.

"Well Hansol I don't know." Johnny stomped his foot. Completely forgetting he's making a fool out of himself in front of a hottie. Ten, in front of Ten.

"Did he really leave?" Ten checked the screen of his phone and ing . Johnny left him on read. What does Ten think of him now? He's ruined everything. He's ruined their friendship. He doesn't deserve Ten.

"But J-" Taeyong started to say.

"Youngho."

"Youngho, Johnny is-"

"No, he left goddammit."

"Oh... uhm, I'm going home then, thanks for the invite." Ten smiled as he started to walk away. His shoulders slumped forward and his head hanging low.

"Johnny what the ?"

"What? I wanted to use my Korean name."

"You idiot, Ten!" Jaehyun ran after him and dragged him back despite his protests. "Let's go eat pizza, I'm inviting, come on."

"Yeah let's go, Youngho." Taeyong grabbed him by the ear. Oh yes, Taeyong is Johnny's new mother. him. Or him, Ten. Heh.

No one knew why the Johnny started using his Korean name but they figured it had to do something with Ten. So they began asking questions that Johnny didn't want them to ask.

"How do you know Johnny?" Jaehyun asked.

"Oh! I met him online almost five months ago, we've never seen each other though." Ten explained. "He's really cool."

"Johnny as is Johnny Seo?"

"Yes John Seo, he told me he's best friend's with Taeyong and you're Taeyong's boyfriend."

Jaehyun hummed. "How come you don't know what he looks like?"

"Because he says I'm really annoying and he says he doesn't want me to do things with his pictures? Or something. Uhm, yeah."

Ten is not telling the whole story! That needs to come clean. And so does Johnny but Johnny is a .

"And he was there?"

"I mean I'm not sure, I told him to not talk to me if he didn't want to but I really wanted to see him, he's like a very consistent person in my life." Ten said. "No offense to you but no one's really friendly towards me, when Doyoung or Eunbi aren't around I'm on my own. But I talk to Johnny and even though he's not physically there I don't feel as alone anymore."

"That's cute." Taeyong elbowed him on the ribs making Johnny slap the brain out of his head. ing .

Johnny decided to reply to Ten.

 


Parrotsarelife: I'm still here.

 


Ten gasped. "I need to go back!"

"No, let's eat first."

"But-"

"Let's eat first." Taeyong repeated going to the other side of Ten.

Well isn't Johnny an idiot.