Fine. (6)

Keepsake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I just want to be cheesy (a little) and express my gratitude towards you, yes you; who's reading this, because you're coping up with my stories and such. Thank you for awaiting my updates. Really. 

 

Anyway, I knew i said in my last note that i'd be updating at the same week, or may not, which i wasn't able to do so. I have no excuses. I've been busy with school stuff, playing, and watching movies.

 

Rest assured, no fanfic of mine will be abandoned as long as I live. And to be honest, I still don't know how many chapter this would go on (Fine) since my idea is expanding bit by bit. I have an idea for a one-shot too, but, let's focus more to the on-going's. I'd be updating those drafts too, i assure that too :)

 

Enjoy this short update, and thanks again! ^^

 

 

 

I saw her walking towards the cafeteria today. 
 
She wasn't cold, but she wasn't in her friendly state either. 
 
It's the same Jessica I knew back then. Before me, before us. 
 
Or is it because of her profession that's why she has that nonchalant yet friendly vibe? 
 
Now that I think of it, I feel more and more guilty towards her. 
 
She have always bragged that she wanted to be like her mom; a doctor. She likes the feeling when she can help someone with their ailment, and can help others, while I prefer to work in one of a stable company and wear fancy work uniforms. Lame, but it's true. I almost chose finance as my course because I have always wanted to be a clerk in the bank. 
 
"Why do you have that look on your face?" I asked as I occupy the vacant slot across to where she is seated "That's, if you don't mind me asking you" I continued as I realize that I may have came too bold when I approached her 
 
"Yoong," She stared at me when she stopped poking the pudding she didn't bother eating anymore. It appears to me that she has a problem.  
 
"Yes?" 
 
"Nothing" She looked away and sighed 
 
"What is it? You can always open up to me" I tried to insist it because as far as I know her, she's keeping her thoughts to herself. 
 
"Do you love him?" She asked intently. But before I could answer her, it's as if I can't. Like, I can't force myself to let out an answer "Silence is an answer too" She forced a smile and left. 
 
It's the fifth time since our break-up that I saw her this solemn. 
 
But why couldn't I simply answer the question? 
 
Why can't I do it? 
 
 
-- 
 
Yoona was flabbergasted at the message she received from Tommy. He and his mom is on his way towards the hospital because his mom is feeling unwell; or more like, dying. 
 
"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!" He frowned as he punched the wall after hearing the news that his mom gave up and passed away "I HAVE MONEY, SO TREAT HER!!" 
 
"Tommy," Yoona was holding him but he wouldn't budge. 
 
"Hyung, you do know that nothing could be helped even if they were to put their utmost effort, right?" A guy spoke up "Mom has cancer. I believe that you're aware of that" 
 
"You did it on purpose, didn't you?" Tommy grabbed Jessica by the collar who followed Dr. Ramos after the operation. No words could express how sadden she is at the departure of her patient. Sure, she see people dying every single day, but having to partake in an operation that fails, just doesn't feel the same way. 
 
"HYUNG!" The younger stomped and called louder, groaning at the sight of his brother. They already lost their mom, and yet he's acting this way "Don't let me spill your secret" He threaten that caused Tommy to free Jessica who bow a little before leaving the scene. 
 
 
-- 
 
"It's not your fault" Carlos, Tommy's younger brother, followed Jessica who went to the rooftop of the hospital. He knew that Jessica didn't do it on purpose, and that she already looked solemn when she left the operating room. 
 
"O-oh, y-yeah" She mustered up her energy to give a faint smile "What brings you here?" 
 
"I want to apologize personally. For what my brother did" 
 
"It's okay, really. He's right at some point though, we could've done more to save your mother" 
 
"You did well already. Mom have always told me that she finds it hard to cope up with her sickness since a long time ago" 
 
… 
 
"Other topic wise, I want to ask for your forgiveness too" 
 
"Ehh?" She turned with a shocked expression "For what?" 
 
"You'll know it soon. It's about time for me to stop it. I thought that by complying, he'd be contented. But no, he kept on wanting more and more" 
 
"I don't seem to get you" 
 
"Some other time, you'll know it. I hurt you, and I want to apologize for that" 
 
"I don't think that there's a case that you did. It's me that should be sorry" 
 
"For what? I heard that you're only a part-timer here. Also, I know that you work in the same company as my brothers during the morning" 
 
"Even so, I'm the assisting doctor in charge"  
 
"Be strong" He gave Jessica's shoulder a pat "Don't think about my mom's departure deeply. Even I, her son, already expected it to come." 
 
"Err, okay" 
 
 
-- 
 
Who is this guy? 
 
I thought she hates him? 
 
"Yes, yes, Mr. Chivalry" If I'm not wrong, this is the same guy he twisted the arm before. 
 
"Why do you take this bus though? There's one that would drop you closer to your home" 
 
"Shut your mouth" Hissed her. "Be thankful that I'm nice enough to let you accompany me home" 
 
"Isn't it because you have no choice; preferring going with this cute guy than your grandmother's bodyguard?s?" 
 
"For a friend, you're annoying"  
 
"Your fault for rejecting me" He countered "Since you’re my friend, I should treat your as one. Not like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter