Fine. (9)

Keepsake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dra. Jung, why are you sad?" A little boy approached Jessica in the garden of the hospital. It was her break, so she decided to go to her hangout place; the garden. "If I give you a food, would you smile for me?" 
  
Jessica did it nonetheless "I wonder why my patients are so cheeky? What do you have for me?" 
  
"Hmm," He pulled out a chocolate bar from his pocket "This is my favorite, but you can have it. I eat it when I am sad, and it makes me a little better" 
  
"Your favorite? And you're giving it to me?" 
  
"Yep!" 
  
She took it and opened the chocolate bar, cutting it to half for the two of them to share. "Here, you can eat it with me" 
  
"For me, you are the best doctor! You always make me smile, and helps me fight the bad sickness away. So, I want Dra. Jung to be happy too" 
  
"Thank you cloud" Smiled her as she takes a bite on the chocolate. The little boy soon excused himself to leave - since the nurse was calling for him inside. 
  
  
  
"You're finally up" Jessica remarked when she entered the room and saw the girl already awoken and is using her mobile phone "You can really sleep, just like as he said" 
  
"Err, hehe" the girl was embarrassed a little so she could only scratch her nape "Was I getting in your schedule?" 
  
"Not really" She checked the drip connected to the girl and also her status 
  
"Dra. Jung ..." 
  
"Hmm?" 
  
"If the rumors I heard is supposed to be true, you wouldn't be my doctor anymore?" 
  
"..." 
  
"Of course, ..." The girl looked away solemnly "I am sorry for asking a basic question" 
  
"Even if the rumors were to happen, you guys would still be my patient. As long as we're not yet done fighting this bad illness and you guys are not yet well, I won't leave you hanging midway" Jessica flashed a smile "So, you shouldn't think of the rumors, and let's just continue fighting, okay!" 
  
"Okay!" 
  
When Jessica turned to the guy who is 'asleep', he suddenly grabbed Jessica's hand like a fragile kid not wanting to let go of his parents' hands. 
  
"Promise me" murmured him, in a low tone that only the both of them could hear. 
  
"Promise" She ruffled his hair before giving a satisfied nod "Don't forget your dinner, and medicines. I'll be calling Nurse in charge to check on you" 
  
"Yep! I've been very diligent the past weeks" 
  
"That's good" 
  
Rumors were spreading like fire when Jessica and Mr. Chivalry hangs out most of the time - and Hyeri spreading the word that the two is in a different relationship than being colleagues, and that Jessica is soon to be the director of the hospital. 
  
 
 
-- 
  
"Not cool, dude" Jessica didn't want to approach the two the first place, maybe they were just having their lovers quarrel so she didn't want to be the busybody. But when he forced grip Yoona's wrist, she just couldn't stand idly by 
  
"Help me" Yoona's voice cracked and Jessica didn't like that by bit. She knows how scared she must've been feeling 
  
"Not your business" He was going to shove Jessica away, but the latter had dodged it 
  
"It would always be" Smirked her 
  
"You broke up" He smirked too, but Jessica was unfazed "She doesn't love you anymore" 
  
"I can't believe you're into blabbermouths now" She rolled her eyes before holding Yoona's hand "Mister show-off, I don't care whether we broke up or not, whether she doesn't love me or whatnot, but for tonight, she is my guest. And you're hurting her, so, it IS my business" 
  
"Guest?" 
  
"Yeah, guest, like my dad wants to meet her" 
  
"HAHA! Why would she come with you?" 
  
"For the same reason that she doesn't want to com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter