Fine. (13)

Keepsake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Special case, you don’t say?” Jessica scans the document Anna gave her this morning which is highly endorsed by her grandmother

 

“I know that your memories is still cloudy,” Anna massages her temple in frustration “But to brief you with it, this boy, CJ or Christian, only complies with you. He listens, he talks, and he eats when the command comes from you”

 

“I could send him a message telling to eat”

 

“You at least remember that you’re a general practitioner who treats people with multiple health issues, right?”

 

“Wait, you never told me those”

 

“And a junior assistant manager at Hana Commerce Bank”

 

“That means I work 2 jobs all at once???” Jessica frowns as she thinks it through

 

“Do you really want me to break it down for you?”

 

“Of course, mom” groaned her “I only asked granny for a month’s break, I’ve got to go back in that time frame, so I ought to know every single detail I am missing out”

 

“Suit yourself” Anna headed for the fridge, taking out the ice cream and sliding it towards Jessica before getting spoons and sitting beside her daughter

 

“What’s the ice cream for?”

 

“It makes you smarter” She explained

 

“Am I dumb???” Anna flickered her forehead “Ouch! Is that necessary???”

 

“I already told you a thousand times that ice cream helps you with memories, hence you followed so you liked it. In fact, you had it almost every night with your uncle”

 

“Cut to the chase” She digs in

 

“I do not know where to begin, hmm, you may get mad at me”

 

“Ah, so we’re classmates?”

 

“Yup” nodded Anna

 

“Go ahead”

 

“So, at college, you pursued medicine in here, even though we highly recommended you to do it in US”

 

“I thought I had my training there?”

 

“Yes, you did. Only for that. And not the whole course”

 

 

“Gladly, you were able to ace your batch. You were the number one. And when you took the boards, you were also the number one”

 

“Wait, but you said that we work together at Hana Commerce, so did she stop for a year?”

 

“No, she’s ahead of you”

 

“And I have the time to do all at once???”

 

“Besides being a rebellious and annoying teenager, there’s nothing wrong with you anyway. You always make use of your time wisely. You mostly practice your field; general practitioner”

 

Jessica groaned “How many times am I supposed to explain to you that I didn’t meant to hide it from you? I just got preoccupied with thoughts lately and I find it tough to approach you”

 

“I am your mother, Jessica Jung”

 

“Exactly” rolled her eyes “The same exact person who flew from Korea to San Francisco even after a long time spent in the surgery room to ‘pick-up’ her daughter from her father just because of a mere prank”

 

“I thought you don’t remember most of the stuffs?”

 

“I clearly said not much, and not everything”

 

Anna rolled her eyes, stuffing herself some ice cream too “I just hope that you really settled everything with that ex-best friend of yours and her so called gang, else, I’d sue her whole clan. How dare them hit my daughters air-head”

 

“Yes, yes, gosh” She stuffs Anna’s mouth with ice cream after her sentence

 

“Going back,” Anna swallowed before going back to their discussion. “You’re a junior assistant manager for 8 hours at Hana Commerce and a General practitioner during night – 4 hours per night, and every weekend”

 

“Wow … isn’t that too overloaded?”

 

“Yet you’ve got the time to flirt? I don’t think so”

 

Jessica giggled “Why do you always act like that with her?”

 

“Because you chose her birthday instead of my awards night” Anna huffed sulkily

 

“I made up with you the next day”

 

“Still, it would’ve been more meaningful for me”

 

“Besides, that won’t be the last time you’d receive one, okay. I promise I’d be there”

 

“Going back to the case,” She pointed to the papers when her eyes passes by it “Can you please handle it?”

 

“Why me?”

 

“As per the staffs, he only talks to you. And everything. No one wants to take the job. The nurses are getting frustrated. The CK Group of Companies is in chaos which is why your grandmother is stepping in to help”

 

“CK … hmm, sounds familiar”

 

“CJ is the owner”

 

“Ohhh!!! That CJ!” Jessica snapped her fingers “Okay, but tell granny that this IS SPECIAL and not OFFICIAL, okay???”

 

“Sounds okay to me” shrugs her

 

“Not my granny”

 

“Your mom, and your boss. Mom passed everything to me yesterday” facepalmed Anna

 

“Omg!!! Am I getting married again next time???”

 

“What do you mean again as if you already did???” Scoffed her

 

“Then what’s the big reveal?”

 

“Uh, I just spilled it. Officially but not announced yet”

 

“Ohhh!!! Okay then Director Jung” She saluted before they chit chat as they share the tub of ice cream

 

 

--

 

Jessica opened the curtains and the rays passes through CJ’s room. The guy groaned

 

“Sunshine will help you ease out the mood swings”

 

He was covering his face with the pillow, but turned when Jessica spoke. That voice is still the same as before.

 

“Dra. Jung!” CJ bolted up and went to where Jessica is standing, he hugged her tightly as he cry out loud

 

“I thought I clearly told you that I could betray you” She rubs his back for comfort

 

“Shame on me” He was amused, wiping off his tears with a smile “You took so long to get back”

 

“Let’s see … Mood swings, bad temper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter