Fine. (12)

Keepsake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘I knew you won’t be listening and be in your stubborn state again’ Jessica shook her head in disagreement seeing CJ locked inside the conference room crying by himself – probably having another episode of his anxiety attacks

 

“Dra. Jung!” He suddenly bolted up, almost falling down the floor, delighted to see that familiar strict yet sweetest face he longed to see again

 

“She isn’t back yet, and wow, you really could talk” Chaeyoung awed, but manages to inform him about it.

 

It was months since the time Jessica dashed out of his office and then he hasn’t heard a thing or two from her ever again.

 

CJ pulled his feet towards his body as if he wants to fold himself into half. He is covering himself, as if protecting from the demons that surrounds him.

 

When Jessica was still around, both were progressing positively. But after Sica ghosted on them, Chaeyoung only sulked about it for about a month while CJ had it worse since he went back from 60% back to zero. As if Jessica wasn’t successful with him. As if he was back at the start again.

 

Of course it hurts, but Chaeyoung tried to take things on a positive note; like how Jessica would want her to do so, she still trust Jessica’s words about not giving up on her. On them. She still does, and will always will.

 

With Jessica’s words of motivation that she posted on her wall, she was able to strive through her hardship, now getting discharged from the hospital, and got admitted to a school as a regular student that she dreamed to be.

 

She’s packing up her stuffs when CJ woke up. She closed her eyes for a moment, imagining what Jessica would say to her if she were here right at this very moment. Probably, “Chaeng! I knew you could do it!” or “Wah, finally, I now have one less patient to look out for”, but since Jessica isn’t present, she could only imagine – betting on the latter, since it’s Jessica after all.

 

“Do you think she’s fine wherever she may be?”

 

CJ looked up to her, Chaeyoung flashed him a smile when their gaze met – like how they do when they were still writing; more like he was writing to her.

 

“I miss her” He answered, diverting away from the question she asked

 

“Me too, shame she isn’t here to send me off like how she would at her previous patients” He wasn’t responding so she continues to talk “You too, will get better in time. Actually, you were much better than me. You were already catching up with the pace … still, I firmly believe that you will get discharged here too, like me, like the others”

 

“I’m really happy that you got better. I hope the best for you, and congratulations on your admission” He answered without a hitch “No one’s gonna ask me for chocolates and milk tea now” then suddenly the tears forms up in his eyes at the thought. Though he may not talk to Chaeyoung, they converse well and they got acquainted well during the times they were together.

 

“Don’t worry, I would still drop by if I can! Who can resist free drinks, right?” She cheerfully raised her hand up chuckling at the thought before gaining back her composure “I really would, not for milk tea, just because I want to do so”

 

“Sweetie, you done yet?” Her mom knocked so she pulled their border – the one that separates their room for privacy. Usually, girls should be in room with other girls and so with boys, that didn’t apply with Jessica’s patients, and they have the free will to whatever gender it may be as long as their privacy is considered.

 

“Yes mom” After a while, the border opened again and Chaeyoung is already dressed up in her shirt tucked in skirt under a coat and a cap

 

“I guess this is it” She smiles

 

“I’m glad you liked it” He said

 

“Huh?” Chaeyoung tilted her head confusedly, so he pointed to the cap “Ah, this, She gave this to me”

 

“Yeah, we bought it together”

 

“Ohhh!!!” She clapped – something she does when she’s excited “Thank you for that!”

 

CJ didn’t say a thing, instead outreached his pinky

 

“What’s that for?”

 

“You said you would come back again”

 

“Ah” She rolled her eyes playfully “I thought you were making me to promise that I would give you one back in return”

 

“Not quite, and not the worst idea” He sniggered

 

“You really are something” She outreached her pinky too “Do I lock the border or?”

 

“Just the door please” He waved, Chaeyoung turned to leave, leaving the border open and the door closed like how he wanted. He opened the blinds after she left the room.

 

 

--

 

“Penny for your thoughts?” Henry asked Yoona after settling himself in front of her at the cafeteria

 

“Jessica said that you’re a cheapskate if you’re buying someone’s thoughts for a penny because it may be a thought that could cure cancer”

 

“Wow, really?”

 

“Yes, and that it’s silly that you’re so willing to give out a penny out of nowhere”

 

“Expected of my niece,” He rolled his eyes which got him a nag from Margaux who soon joined in

 

“What are you doing, rolling your eyes at your junior, eh?”

 

Yoona giggles “It was nothing. I was just telling him about the words Jessica told me before”

 

“Ohhh!” She nodded

 

“Seriously though, I do not know where she got those from”

 

“That what makes her lovely!” Margaux remarked

 

“Yeah, right” Smiled Yoona. The three of them shared their meal with laughter. During the ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter