Fine. (2)

Keepsake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is another day at the office, and out of habit, Yoona left the office 5 minutes after the lunch time so that the elevator wouldn't be crowded. It's reasonable, but she forgot that it's Jessica's habit too. 
 
"Are you okay? You look pale …" She asked with her utmost concern because Jessica looked pale and sweating a lot 
 
"Yeah …" 
 
They managed to went out of the elevator before Jessica passed out. Yoona already called for aid. 
 
Like as she said it, she chose to break up not because she doesn't love Jessica anymore. So, seeing Jessica to pass out like this, still worries her. 
 
"She's running a fever, so I don't know why she had to force herself to work today" Remarked the nurse "She'll be fine, so don't worry anymore" 
 
"One more thing …" She snapped "Flip her" 
 
"Huh?" 
 
"Let's turn her" She commanded and the nurse did as said "Can I aid her myself?" 
 
"Are you sure? It's my job" 
 
"Yes, you can go take your lunch." She smiled 
 
Yoona is pondering whether she should tear off Jessica's clothes and aid the bruise or not, but nonetheless she did. And it horrified her too much. It wasn't just 3 lines, but the bruise Jessica has on her back fills her whole back. 
 
"You fool … When are you going to listen to your mom?" She sobbed before dabbing the ointment on Jessica's bruise 
 
She was halfway, when Jessica stirred and winced "Stop … we already broke up ..." 
 
It hurts her to see Jessica wincing in pain and she couldn't even do a thing about it. 
 
Henry went to the clinic after his lunch. Because only then he heard about what happened to Jessica.   
 
"Shouldn't we bring her to the hospital? This is already serious" 
 
"I don't want her to go berserk with me. That's worse" Answered him "She was so upset last night that she locked herself in her room" 
 
… 
 
"Right now, you must be wondering that I am her uncle and we live together so why didn't I stop her mom from doing it" 
 
"Oh no, not at all" 
 
He smiled sadly "Long ago, It's her who wanted to be hit by her mom" 
 
"Want?" 
 
"Yes, want." He nodded when Yoona looked at him confused "I know, that it sounds absurd. I was shocked about it too. She would intentionally do something that her mother doesn't like the most, and I asked her why she does that. That fool answered me with "If I am naughty, mom would punish me and let me carry books over my head. But at least I can see her, right? When I carry books or gets hit sometimes, it doesn't hurt at all. I am happy because I can see my mom's face for hours"" 
 
"She doesn't see her mom often?" 
 
"Yes. It's either my sis would go on a business trip or would stay in her room the whole day. They barely meet each other" 
 
"Ohh" 
 
"But the other night, she went to me and cried. She said that it's very painful, and that It's hurting her. So I took the medicine kit and dressed her bruised back. When I asked her if she's feeling any better, she told me "I wasn't referring to that". Not even a thank you, she grunted and bought an ice cream for the both of us" 
 
"Then what is hurting?" 
 
"Her feelings." 
 
"So she use that kind of sentence at home huh" 
 
"She does" Sniggered him "Give her the chance, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter