Fine. (14)

Keepsake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi, It's been a while! I know it took 2 years and i lost the original plot for this but as i was re-reading, it motivated me to finish this (and i tried it, tho with a different ending than planned). Pardon me. Also, I know, that i lack in so many ways - especially at Through it all, or at every single fic. I dunno, it's jumpy for me and undetailed, which made me more grateful for the ones who liked it. We bonded over that fic the most. Next chapter would be the end. Thank you!!

Stream Forever 1! 

 

Please enjoy!!

 

 

Jessica mainly focused on Project: Life. The small project she started during her time at the hospital.

 

"Can I apply to be a doctor?" Margaux inquired, while Jessica who's busy with her document looked up and only smiled after realizing who the intruder was.

 

She giggles, removing her specs "It wasn't my plan solely, okay. Uncle took part in it. Anyways, what brings you by?"

 

"I missed you," She grinned "And I want to see for myself how you were. It's my day off"

 

"Hmm, sounds suspicious" Jessica side-eyes Margaux

 

"For real"

 

"Day off, but instead of dating boyfie, comes to visit boyfie's niece" She nods, tapping her chin

 

"The distance removes the thrill sometimes, especially when you work together" Shrugs Margaux "Besides, girl day"

 

"You can pry me away from work, only if you can give me half an hour to clean up here"

 

"I'd be at the cafe downstairs" And yes, she left like that. Jessica finished the document she was revising before Margaux came in and check if there's more that needed attention right away.

 

She then headed for CJ's room.

 

"Hey kiddo," She leans on the door frame "I would be going out for the day. Can I expect a quiet day and no complaints from the nurses?"

 

"I am not a complainant"

 

"You aren't, but you aren't one to comply either" He hissed, accepting defeat. "If the nurse comes in, what will you say?"

 

"Hello, good morning, how are you today?"

 

"Sounds monotone, but that would suffice. Baby steps!" She smiled, CJ shows progress when she came back and handled the special case. Anxiety, and disassociation from people is no easy feat. Sometimes one just never gets over it. Jessica is hopeful, that CJ, would get over it. "Now, if he/she replies, I am doing well. How about you?"

 

"I don't know," He breathed out "What if she doesn't ask me that?"

 

"And if she does?"

 

"I am doing fine" He answered "I don't know, Dra. Jung, how is this helping or what impact does it do?"

 

Jessica walked towards his bed and faced him with a smile "Sometimes the progress is slow and invisible. As time goes by, we realize that we started small before accomplishing big stuff"

 

He bite his lip, looking at the scenery outside as usual.

 

"For example, Chaeyoung. Before, you would bicker how she always follow me around and even hangs out at your room without permission. As time goes by, you managed to befriend her and even talk. Add up buying her milk tea and chocolate drink without whip. CJ, you, it's hard for you to trust someone because you feel as though they are approaching you with intent of your money. But, you trusted me even though you barely know me. I am not the best doctor either. So, what convinced you?"

 

Jessica awaits for reply but when CJ didn't rebutt, she continued

 

"The lady at the bank, you would withdraw 1 dollar and get 1 dollar exactly. Because you trust that she would. Kevin, the President at CK, runs CK for years now and you never doubted his skills and trusts that he will not ruin the company. Kevin's father too. He worked for your father for a long time, too long that he could take the company from you, but instead guided you for the take-over. Those are just a few people who manages to linger around your heart. And with heart as big as yours, so many people could enter if you would allow them to"

 

"As expected, you're the best" He turned and give a soft smile after listening what Jessica said to him "Go now, you said that you'd be off for the day, so I assume you have something to do"

 

"One last refresher" She looked at her watch and saw that she still got 10 minutes from her proposed time "If the nurse enters and asked if you have eaten already, what you will answer?"

 

"Not yet. What am I having for today? I hope it's delicious"

 

"Good. With that, I am looking forward that you will be talking to the nurse and would not skip a meal and medicine"

 

He nodded firmly.

 

Jessica stopped by at the nurse station and asked a favour of asking the same sentence she just asked CJ.

 

"It's me who's on duty" Nurse Ang voiced out behind her

 

"Ah, my prettiest godmother" She turned and clung on to her arm "Please don't be too strict or mean to him"

 

"He better have his attitude on check and then I would consider"

 

"Thank you prettiest and the best head nurse" She gave a hug before leaving and heading for the cafe where Margaux said she will be

 

 

--

 

The two headed for the salon as soon as they left the hospital.

 

"You don't remember your past, totally?" Margaux inquired, while having her nails painted. Jessica wanted to change hairstyle and she decided to have a full bangs

 

"Not really, it's just cloudy for me. I don't know, I function well as precise as I was, or much better than before. Daddy was so brilliant when he recommended me to do part time in Cali"

 

"Is it your family to motto to work till you die?" Margaux rolled her eyes

 

"Therefore I assume, that uncle chose to finish his paper works than filing a leave to date gf" she then heard a grunt "so I am right"

 

"Tell me about it," said the exasperated Margaux "You know what I don't get? Is how friggin day off isn't a day off. Back when I was still in US, he had all the time to call and chat. Now ... He's playing hard to get"

 

Jessica could only chuckle at Margaux's frustration "My uncle is nice, it just doesn't show that often."

 

 

 

--

 

Jessica accompanied CJ towards Chaeyoung's school and decided to go down the memory lane.

 

"I hope to be as cute as you now, because we even studied at the same high school"

 

Chaeyoung giggles before she left with CJ.

 

Ever since Jessica's words with him, he started talking to nurses. And he would sometimes peek outside the floor.

 

He even visited Kevin and his father the other day. They went out for lunch to express his gratitude towards their family.

 

Jessica still have a few days before she turns in as a doctor in the hospital officially and not only as emergency room back up or being in the pediatric unit during weekends.

 

"Welcome back, my first hello" She smiles, examining the school before entering

 

Every corner feels different. Most of them were joyous though. As she walks by, her heart flutters. The memories that she forgot and can only reminisce from the photo book she had is seeping through her.

 

"This must be the place I peaked at loving you," Jessica inhaled the grass from the field. "How can I not, you gave me your sweetest yes in here"

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter