Fine. (15/END)

Keepsake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning" Jessica greeted, she dropped by to check on CJ's progress and wellness before she heads back to her station to review.

 

She wanted everything in place. Just because her mom is the director, doesn't mean that she gets to ride the title and get all the privilege. More than anything, she wanted to be recognized for her skills in the medical world.

 

"Someone is undeniably happy" CJ points out

 

"Is that how you do your greetings now?"

 

"Look at you being playful at all, cannot compose herself to be at commanding and stern" He teased "But I like it. Whatever the cause."

 

"Don't redirect the topic. Did you eat breakfast?"

 

"I am done," He points to the empty tray "Nurse Ang and I had a talk as I eat. I opened up my windows for some sunshine. What more, doctor happy?"

 

"Wow, sounds progressive. Soon you won't need me" remark Jessica that immediately received glare "Gee, it wasn't in that sense, okay? Medical wise. I am nicer as a friend than as a doctor"

 

"I doubt"

 

"Ask Dra. Seo" She shrugged. "I'd be in my office to read and gossip"

 

"You know, it's my birthday soon"

 

"Really? Happy birthday!" She smiled "are you going to celebrate it?"

 

"Only if you'd help me prepare".

 

"Really? You're celebrating? Like an actual party?"

 

"Well, not necessarily party ... But, a feast or something." He scratched his nape. Jessica is way too excited for it. "Just here ... With the people who I have pestered for the last year and continuously serves me with their best despite me being despicable and all ... Like a birthday thanksgiving party"

 

"Hmm," Jessica gave it a thought. "If so, we have to do cater, and packed lunches"

 

"So, can you help me with the bank transaction? They won't let me withdraw money more than I donate in project life and the one that goes in my savings "

 

"You can withdraw, just by calling and saying that you need to reserve your preferred amount so they could prepare it for you"

 

Jessica answered and waits for CJ to do so.

 

"You will accompany me, right?"

 

"Yeah, after lunch it is" She nodded. When CJ got the confirmation of the reservation, Jessica excused herself to leave.

 

 

--

 

"Uh-hmm," Henry teasingly teased Yoona who's smiling from ear to ear as soon as she settled on her office "I'm guessing the idiot fixed her decision making, huh?"

 

"Which idiot?" Asked Yoona to which Henry shivered after noticing what made Yoona to smile that bright - something he didn't see for a long time now

 

"You're both an idiot in love" He proceeds to his station. There, he saw a movie pass for two.

 

'Thank you for being my uncle, so my face value gives me access to surprise my gf. Yes, GF. Oh! This pass is for you and Margaux. Pry her away from me, I need some lovin'. Also, for the reason that I don't want you to grow old as a bachelor! Margaux thinks I'm some kind of bar that she visits when she's pissed with you'

 

"What a nagger" smirked him "so they did make up. Anna Jung, you're really something "

 

With Jessica's note though, he made sure to send the picture to Margaux as his invitation for a date night.

 

At the same time, Yoona sent her thanks to Jessica.

 

'Yoon Morning! I will drop by at your work after office hours. Thank you for the 'needed JJ in the morning' to boost my energy'

 

She was referring to the Ferrero on her table with 'For a needed JJ in the morning to boost energy level the whole day'

 

"I'm glad that it made you happy. I'd be occupied for the day; you can stop running or else you'd get tired"

 

"I'm not running though?" She replied back as soon as she received the reply

 

"Oh no. You're running on my mind since the morning though"

 

"Stop it, you'd kill me of diabetes at this point" she giggled at Jessica's antics. Something just never changes.

 

 

--

 

"Hi, I would like to make a withdrawal" CJ spoke up when he got called by the bank teller "I already made a reservation under Ms. Irene"

 

"Wait, I will request the cash." The bank teller pauses "By the way sir, just for reference, what's the purpose of withdrawal?"

 

He turned to Jessica who only urges him to continue on. "You're doing great"

 

"It's for my birthday"

 

"Happy birthday sir!" The teller greeted happily as she jots down the purpose on his withdrawal slip "Please take a seat first, it would take 10 to 15 minutes for your cash to be ready"

 

"Okay. Can I go outside as I wait?"

 

"Sure, sir"

 

He invited Jessica out to buy drinks for the bank tellers.

 

 

 

"Yoongie!" Jessica delightedly calls Yoona who's at the claim section

 

"Oh? What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm with kiddo" she then introduces CJ

 

"Hi" He nodded, proceeding to the ordering section

 

"Is this a new flavor?" She asked, taking a sip from Yoona's drink "Wow, taste like Yoongie"

 

Yoona wanted to disappear in embarrassment.

 

For the last seven years that they spent together, they would casually share or do thing subtly to the point that it doesn't look gross even when it's a public display of affection. Just like what Jessica just did. An indirect kiss.

 

"Just the right amount of energy boost I needed before I recharge after office hours"

 

"Did you even have your lunch already?" Yoona asked, Jessica skips meal and only eats chocolate most of the time.

 

"Of course, my love reminded me not to skip it"

 

"Drink some more" she willingly let Jessica to take another sip before taking a sip after "I guess I won't be buying here again; their coffee is too sweet for me to handle"

 

They both chuckled before going on their separate way with tint of pink on their cheeks

 

 

 

--

 

CJ successfully celebrated his birthday with the help of Jessica and the hospital staffs.

 

Jessica took the opportunity to be cheeky every given time before she turns in officially in the hospital.

 

"Aiyoo, someone's got no appetite because of her workload" Yoona remarked when she saw Jessica eating a chocolate at her favorite spot

 

"Yoongie!" She pouted, hugging Yoona "I'm almost drained, good thing you're here!"

 

"Is there an accident or something?" asked her. Usually, the cause of Jessica’s busy schedule are emergencies or an accident.

 

Jessica shook her head "is it Saturday already? I didn't even notice the day pass by"

 

"My hardworking JJ" She pats Jessica's head

 

"I would eat that, it smells amazing" she said after a while. Yoona knows Jessica doesn't eat when she already has her chocolate and would wait for a few hours again before doing so

 

"It's nothing grand" Yoona scratches her nape "don't raise expectations"

 

"What is it?" She eyes the lunch box

 

"Egg roll, mixed veggies, and pancakes"

 

She points at the eggs and Yoona gladly fed her

 

"Taste like heartfelt"

 

"What are you saying" giggles Yoona

 

"I'm saying it's delicious" She points to the pancakes this time "why aren't you eating though?"

 

"I already had a lot while preparing it"

 

"Eat" She fed Yoona too

 

 

 

"Like mother, like daughter " Nurse Ang remarked from the glass wall of the 3rd floor overseeing the garden - where Yoonsic is currently eating

 

"Come on, there's no one better here that could give me a background on what my daughter has been into lately" She clung onto Nurse Ang's arm

 

"Your daughter is fine. Actually," she gave it a thought ”I don't know, she's not the best, but she's not average either. She amuses me, if that's the proper terminology of it"

 

"Oh wow, amuses" nodded Anna "what fascinating stuff did she do for you to be amused? The great head nurse of all time"

 

"The special case" Nurse Ang pointed to CJ who left his room to stroll "From grave case to back at 50 ... Yes hi" she was halted when CJ approaches them

 

"Hi, I'm sorry, I'm looking for Dra. Jung?"

 

"She's at the garden" She pointed to the glass wall "hurry though, you might miss her if you really want to see her. It's Saturday, her day off"

 

"Thank you, nurse Ang, I hope you have a great day today" He bowed before he dashes to the said Jessica's location

 

"As I was saying, that boy wouldn't even open his mouth to talk" continued nurse ang as she fills anna with information about Jessica "surprisingly, after Jessica's take over, he works normally. Your daughter is as bright as you were, and I know that she will do amazing stuff in the medical field. It's already a waste that she got to pursue other stuff and only treat the hospital as a part time, her passion speaks louder. Just like a certain someone, who al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter