Fine. (4)

Keepsake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a while guys.

 

And, that means longer rant. Hehe :-)

 

Soooo, as you all know (or some of you may not), I said that I wouldn't be able to update for the whole month of April (last month). The thing is, I lost the confidence and and will to write. I dunno, I never felt like that before. Yes, you may consider it as I felt intrigued. I lost confidence and motivation to update even though at that time, really, I had a lot of ideas.

 

I tried to watch movies/dramas, play, listen to music, find something to motivate me, and whatever stuffs. All of it were futile, at some point. I kept on re-reading my drafts, but I still don't feel like continuing it. 

 

It's summer here in the Philippines, and that means, nothing to occupy my time/more ideas/more updates. However, due to the said dowside of mine, I suddenly don't feel like writing anymore. And yep, it's not an April Fool's joke anymore.

 

Long story cut short, I may have to finish this story, Fine, and then mark this complete. As for my other stories, I'll finish it too. What I'm saying is, goodbye to the frequently-actively-updating-starlightgazer you once knew. Maybe I'll continue providing stories in this collection when I feel like it. When I found the old me who doesn't care about how long my one shot turned to be (through it all) hehe.

 

You all can unsubscribe if you want to. I don't mind. BUT, Thank you for stopping by. I may have not said your name, even once, but, once you subscribed, you already left me an impression :)

 

So, here's the update. I'll try to update ILYD later.

 

Enjoy! And I apologize for the long rant ^^

 

 

"You again?! Do you really want to die?" Jessica glared at the same guy who's waiting for her at the entrance of the office 
 
"Hey, I haven't uttered a word yet" Defended him "I came to apologize, okay" 
 
"For what?" She raised a brow 
 
"Because it slipped my tongue that you only twisted my arm … so … yeah" He scratched his nape "I'm sorry that you ended up getting beat for that" 
 
"It's not completely your fault, okay" 
 
"Hmm, okay then" He nodded before ushering towards the bus stop "What? I didn't bring my car so that I can accompany you"  
 
"And why would you do that?" 
 
"Chivalry? And, you're someone I like, so I don't want to risk you going home alone when I am here" 
 
"I don't need that chivalry, I'm going to eat" 
 
"Can't I go with you?" 
 
Jessica sighed "I don't even know you" 
 
"Martin" He outreached his hand. Jessica took it and they left the office. 
 
 
-- 
 
"He's nice, I'd give it a try" Jessica spoke up after a while. Anna is just, as usual, busy with paper works and listening to what could be the reason that Jessica wanted to talk about. 
 
"Try what?" 
 
"Fixed Marriage. I'd give it a try" She answered and gazing up to meet her mom's confused look 
 
"Try … Do you think marriage is a joke?" She gaze a fierce glare that Jessica only saw for the first time 
 
"I—I'm not saying that we should have the marriage or announcement soon, but, I'll try dating him" She fumbled 
 
"And why would you do that?" She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back to her swivel chair, giving her the intimidating aura 
 
"Because …" 
 
"You fought so hard not to do so, and I stopped hitting you" 
 
"B—Because there isn't any more reason to fight for it?" She answered, looking at the way she fumbles her fingers. She doesn't have the urge to look at her mom's intimidating aura. Else, she might not utter a single word.  
 
"What urged you to date him?" 
 
"Don't fight with granny anymore …" She answered softly and looked up again; stopped fumbling and looking at her mom with utmost sincerity. Before her mom could ask, she continued "I heard your conversation. Uncle was at a meeting but he needs to have the paper signed, which he forgot at home. He asked me to fetch it for him. That's when I heard you and granny fighting" 
 
"No" Anna declined sternly "It's about time that we cut that tradition or whatever. You're not going to a fixed marriage like your granny wants you to" 
 
"Then you'll fight with granny every single time?" 
 
"Yes, If I have to" 
 
"How come you're so bipolar?" Jessica grunted and plopped to the sofa "When I don't want to date him, you forced me to do so. But now that I want to, you don't want me to. You even hit me for not wanting to" 
 
Anna scoffed "Do you really think that I hit you because of that?" 
 
"Then … why?" 
 
"At first, yes. You were turning to the same age as I was when mom informed me that I have to follow the 'family tradition' to enter in a dating phase before the announcement of the fixed marriage she had with the family of your dad. She was going on and on, giving me her proposed business partner. It irks me off, to the core. So, I had to choose. Thankfully, Martin was on the list, and I chose him. He was the only one I could trust with you" She explained, her intimidating aura long gone and turned into a concerned one. "But tell me, how could I still follow that when I know that you won't be happy about it?" 
 
"Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter