Fine. (11)

Keepsake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chocolate bars again?” CJ pointed to the said thing he saw inside Jessica’s pocket “When will my doctor eat properly just like how she nags her patients?”


“I already ate” She stuck out her tongue “My patient gave this to me, saying that I shouldn’t just eat healthily” 


“Healthily my ” scoffed him


“When are you going to go home?” Jessica asked seriously this time


“Why? You never asked that before”


“I may turn out to be the doctor you never knew. Heh” She smiled “So, when?”


“You know that I still can’t … my world … our world… is very different. Although we are just the same, but ours can be frightening. We’re surrounded by fake people trying to lure us in their greed. I still don’t know who to trust”


“Do you trust me?”


“You’re the first person I ever trusted”


“You may have to find your second” Jessica looked away, sipping her coffee “You never know, I may betray you”


“It’s okay if it’s you fooling me. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me”


“Why do you have so much trust in me?”


“The same reason that you have so little trust in yourself” He sipped his coffee before continuing “It’s about time that you receive the same treatment you give others”


“You don’t happen to like me, do you?”


“And kill myself in a unrequited love with you? I don’t think I am that masochist yet”


“What do you mean kill?” Sniggered Jessica


“You’re already preoccupied with her and basically closed your heart for others to enter, doesn’t that mean shooting my own feet with my own gun?”


“You have a point” Acknowledge her “Why did I do that?”



“So don’t be like me” She said as if an advice worth the million “Don’t let love consummate you to pieces, because when you lose it, you wont have anything for yourself”


“Do you still love her?”


“Yes.” Was her blunt answer “I’d be lying if I’ll say I do not, and there’s no point denying it anyway”


“Then why aren’t you trying to win her back?”


“Because …” Tears was evident in her eyes but she tries her best not to cry “Because she’s still meeting with the guy she replaced me with. I don’t know if that’s a short time romance or she’s just hung up with how long we’ve been together. I don’t want to sway her feeling because I know she wouldn’t be here to stay”


“Then who was that wimpy guy who’s always visiting you?”


 “You’re sounding like Krystal the more you’re hanging out with me. Gee” She shivers teasingly “That guy is my scapegoat. Gran wants me married while we both opposes to it. That’s why I am asking you if you’re sure in doing this and whether why you trust me so much. I could betray you”

“Whatever I felt with you, about your kindness, is genuine. Do not marry someone just because you’re forced to, marry someone because you wouldn’t risk not marrying the love of your life”


“Wait, speaking of the devil” She grinned before answering the call


‘Jess, dad found out. Sorry. We’re leaving soon’


“Wait, what?” She tried to ask but he already dropped the call 


“Well ” Hissed her “I’ve got to go” 


She shuffles in a hurry, leaving CJ dumbfound in his office. She dials her father’s number first to tell not to allow any outbound flights at the moment before calling her friends to locate him

“How can I not go when I am almost unrecognizable?” He asked pulling Jessica at the fire exit of the airport. Apparently, he was at the soonest flight to go, but Eric announced the delay with the flights.


“Exactly. You’re not going anywhere with that look. You have to be awesome and handsome when you two meet for the first time” She flashed a smile despite the pant she’s still struggling with. “Come, I’ll get you fixed”


Jessica led him to the emergency care area and assisted him by herself, not forgetting to tell her dad that she already saw him and flights are good to go again


“You’re too good to be true, do you know that?”


“Do I look like fake the first place?” She hit his forehead softly, careful not to add to his pain


“Just …” He was thinking things through “Once someone is recognized by you, you’re not letting that someone get away from your grasp, and you just simply makes anyone closer to you”


“But she got away”


“Well, she’s an idiot”


“Indeed” She smiled, suppressing the pain she feels inside. A simple thought of Yoona still pokes her scar – that they broke up.


“But still, let me go, hmm? I can’t stay at home. I am just lucky this time. What if the next time this happens, I wouldn’t be around anymore?”


“Like I would allow that to happen”


“Like you would marry me”


“What your homophobic dad wants is an investor/partnership, and not your marriage with a girl. He wants partnership? I will give you partnership. He wants marriage? Like I would give him that. No offence” She says firmly “Someone, this kiddo, turned from someone needing a help to someone hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter