I’ll Be

Peutin High

Eunwoo was in Kyla’s room and she was staring endlessly at her. Kyla was busy laying her cards in the floor and when everything was laid she stared at Eunwoo. The latter smiled and waited for Kyla to start.

“Your future says that you are full of misery”

“You haven’t open any cards yet nor read my palm!” Eunwoo responded.

“It is written all over your face” Kyla said in a serious tone. Eunwoo’s face saddened but noticed that the younger girl was stopping herself from laughing.

“Yah!” she said and launched herself towards Kyla, she was trying to kiss Kyla but the maknae was fighting back.

“Okay! Okay, go back there” Eunwoo finally stopped and went back to her seat. Kyla finally started her ritual, she cited some phrases that was so foreign for Eunwoo. Kyla looked at Eunwoo and one card all of sudden floated in the air.

Eunwoo’s jaw dropped as this was the first time she saw magic like this. Kyla took the card and her face started to get worried. Eunwoo noticed this but decided to shut first. Kyla uttered some words again and few more cards floated. She checked them one by one and Kyla looked at Eunwoo at a more worried face.

“Why?” Eunwoo asked.

“I see danger, someone from us will be in great danger”

“Is it me?”

“No, the cards says it is not from the two of us.”

“Who is it then?”

“The cards did not specify it” Kyla said in a more serious face. Eunwoo started to get worried and thought of who among their friends was it. She was intensely looking at Kyla when all of a sudden a balloon popped. She screamed and ran towards Kyla, her eyes were closed, arms around Kyla’s neck and sitting on Kyla’s lap, she buried her face on Kyla’s neck.

As much as the maknae wanted to protest, she couldn’t because she knew that Eunwoo was really scared. It was new to her but she knew that Eunwoo was not doing this just to score. Eunwoo opened her eyes and saw Kyla staring at her. She put her hands down and stood from Kyla’s lap. She gulped out of embarrassment but was thankful enough that Kyla didn’t say anything.

-0-

Yuha was walking around the street trying to think. Her mind was still confused, she was contemplating if she will go ahead and confess. She was walking and drowned in her thoughts when she bumped into someone.

“Ouch, look where you….Kyulkyung?” Yuha said in surprised as the person she bumped with was the girl whom consuming her thoughts. Kyulkyung mouthed sorry and was about to leave when Yuha grabbed her hand.

“Would you want to…uhm…walk with me?” she hesitantly asked Kyulkyung, the younger smiles and nodded. It’s been a while since the last time they talk. They walk and awkwardness covers the air. None of them were talking. Kyulkyung would side glance at Yuha but the girl was just looking down on the floor. She sighed, she thought it will be a good idea but it was not.

They kept on walking and people were walking opposite them too. A car bike was opposite them and seemed like it loses its control, Kyulkyung didn’t notice that was coming towards her direction. Yuha saw it and immediately pulled Kyulkyung towards her, Kyulkyung was then hugging Yuha.

“Aish, be careful dude!” Yuha shouted. She looked at Kyulkyung who was still hugging her. Kyulkyung lifted her head and their gaze meet. Yuha’s heart race as she was staring at Kyulkyung, these were the very eyes that she loves the most.

“Are you alright?” Yuha asked which Kyulkyung responded with a nod. The two of them started to walk again and it seemed like luck was not really on their side. A girl appeared and that stopped them from walking.

Yuha’s face turned serious facing the girl again. She and the girl in front of her had an unfinished business. Kyulkyung was flustered as to who the girl was but Yuha shielded her already and she was now in Yuha’s back. She knew that this was serious as she can sense anger in Yuha’s eyes.

The girl laughed at Yuha’s action. She looked at her and looked at Yuha. Her red fiery eyes showed that she wanted something from the blonde girl. She her lips and inhaled the air.

“We meet again, I’ve been looking for you. You know your scent been making me hungry, uh, your blood taste delicious by the way” she said.

“Nice to know you like it, I will make sure that my blood is the last thing you would crave for. I will end you tonight” Yuha said gritting her teeth in anger. She wanted to end Ye-Eun. Yuha was ready but somehow worried as Kyulkyung was with her.

She asked herself why there was another one involved every time she would encounter a stregoi. She remembered Haein again. She sighed and promised that she would protect Kyulkyung no matter what happened.

“Oh, you have a friend. Hi there!” Ye-Eun greeted Kyulkyung.

“You freaking stay away from her or I will break your neck!” Yuha shouted. Ye-Eun laughed at her. She knew that Yuha was courageous but this was the first time she saw Yuha so very protective. She grinned and an idea came-up. She decided not to pursue with her original plan.

“What’s with the temper, I just greeted your beautiful friend”

“Shut the f**k up! I swear if you touch her, I will chop you to pieces.” Kyulkyung eyes widened upon hearing Yuha cursed. Yuha was furious, she could feel it. Yuha’s hands were clenched and any moment Kyulkyung knew that Yuha will burst.

“Woah, hold up. I’m not here to fight. I just want to greet you and your friend. I guess I have to go but I should warn you, take care of your friend” Ye-Eun said and laughed. Yuha couldn’t take anymore and move towards Ye-Eun but she was gone already. She ran towards Kyulkyung quickly and wrapped her arms around her. Kyulkyung hugged her back and they stayed like this for a while. Yuha was checking if Ye-Eun was still around.

-0-

Sungyeon went to her room with her hand clasped with Yehana’s hand. She couldn’t believe that the girl that she likes the most was now her girlfriend. She looked at her and smiled. Before opening the door she gave a light peck on Yehana’s cheek and the girl kissed her back on the lips, Sungyeon opened her door and got the shocked of her life.

“Oh my god” she gasped and immediately closed the door. She looked at the wondering Yehana and couldn’t believe what she saw.

“What’s wrong?” Yehana went to the door and opened it but before she even sees what was happening she covered Yehana’s eyes.

“Ila! Unnie! What are you doing!” she asked Eunwoo and Ila who were on the floor. Eunwoo was on top of Kyla and kissing her hard.

“Er, this  unnie was talking non-sense again and the only way to stop her was to…uhm” Kyla responded, crimsoned cheeks. Eunwoo was just smiling and hit Kyla lightly, the girl was clearly smitten by the maknae.

Kyla didn’t have any intentions to make Eunwoo fall in love with her. What she did was an action she saw in dramas and thought it was pretty effective to silence the loud and talkative Eunwoo. She thought she and Eunwoo were just playing but what she didn’t know was Eunwoo’s feelings were real.

“What are they doing? Let me see” Yehana said as she was trying to pull Sungyeon’s hand away from her eyes. Sungyeon mouthed Kyla to stand up which she compiled. She also assisted Eunwoo to stand.

-0-

Yuha slammed the door closed while dragging Kyulkyung inside their dorm. She called for Roa and Nayoung. Rena who was downstairs heard Yuha and she could tell that the girl was anxious.

Xiyeon who was also downstairs decided to go and get the oldest members. Roa and Nayoung went downstairs and saw that Yuha was clearly troubled. The rest of the girls went down as they were worried with Yuha’s voice.

They were all seated in the table and Yuha was biting her nails. Kyulkyung took her hand and held it. She was also worried.

“What’s wrong Yuha, you seem to be very anxious” Roa asked.

“Ye-Eun”

“Who?” Xiyeon asked. This was the first time that Yuha mentioned the name.

“Ye-Eun, the stregoi” she responded. All of them were shocked upon hearing her.

“She is after me” Yuha continued.

“She said something about scent and Yuha’s blood” Kyulkyung added. This triggered Nayoung and she knew that this was not a simple problem. A stregoi was after Yuha and probably wants her blood.

“Did she bite you or something?” Nayoung asked.

“No, but she tasted the blood that was dripping on my head” Yuha said.

“Your scent is now with her and she won’t stop until she got to taste more of your blood. Stregoi’s crave when they have a taste of someone’s blood and won’t stop until they got to drink all of it.” Nayoung explained. This somewhat scared the younger ones. They went silent and thought of something they could do.

“I know but I feel like she also wants Kyulkyung” Yuha said.

“Did she saw you?” Roa asked. Kyulkyung nodded. Nayoung looked at Roa and without a word they knew that Kyulkyung would be used as bait. 

“Unnie, I know something that can keep you guys somehow safe.” Kyla suggested. Eunwoo shifted her sight to the girl and Kyla gave her an assuring smile.

They all went to Kyla’s room and sat on the floor. Nayoung brought out a book, it was the book where they can go ahead and see what were stregois weakness. Eunwoo sat beside her and Kyla gave her a lamp. She wanted to sat beside Kyla but she knew that this wasn’t the time for that.

Kyla gave a pink candle and instructed the blonde girl on when to light and blew the candle out. She handed Roa crystal ball and Roa wondered what that was for. Yehana was also given the same thing but does not have any idea on what to do with it. Xiyeon was handed 3 cards, the sun, the moon and the stars. She gave Kyulkyung a feather and asked her to sit beside her. She took a locket from her pocket and she started to do her thing. Sungyeon was somehow scared so she grabbed the lush toy beside her, Rena squeezed her hand and assured her to trust Kyla.

“There!” Kyla said.

“Kyulkyung unnie, keep that feather with you all the time, that will stop the stregoi from coming towards you.” She explained.

“Is that sort of like garlic that scare away vampires?” Xiyeon asked.

“You can think of it that way but that feather was casted a spell in order to take stregois away. My grandmother gave me that” Kyla continued.

“But why are you giving this to me?” Kyulkyung asked.

“Because I can see that Yuha unnie is really worried, that will keep you safe” Yuha smiled at the maknae.

Kyla started to murmur things and Nayoung was busy reading the book, she saw that what Kyla was doing was a ritual to keep them safe. She knew that this would not let Ye-Eun come near the school.

She also saw that the feather was indeed one of the magical things that would keep someone safe from the stregois or any evil creature. Kyla finished her ritual and they somewhat felt a protective aura.

Yuha thanked the maknae for doing so but she wanted to be 101% sure that Kyulkyung would be safe. She asked Kyulkyung to sleep with her in which she agreed. Roa suggested for them the sleep altogether in one room.

It was decided that the unnie line room would be the room that they would sleep on. Yuha was beside Kyulkyung. She couldn’t sleep. She was really anxious. She stared at the sleeping Kyulkyung beside her and tucked her hair behind her hair.

“I can stay awake just to hear you breathing. I will protect you no matter what. I won’t let harm come near you and keep you safe. I love you.”

Yuha said all of that in a low voice making sure that no one would hear it.