Half Moon

Peutin High

Chaeyeon was busy preparing food. She was cooking dinner. She enjoyed little things like this. She was waiting for someone.

The night was quiet where the stars and the moon shine so brightly. She was just happy that she could do things that humans could do. She was more than content like this. However, her stomach started to grumbled and her hunger was kicking in. She held her tummy and could feel the roaring sound inside. She sighed and decided to ignore it.

The door creaked and Chaeyeon heard a foot-step, Yuju was home. She settled the food that she cooked and immediately greeted the love of her life. She saw the girl removing her shoes and she just watched her. Chaeyeon felt that she was the luckiest person in the world as she had the best girl she could ever wish for.

Yuju saw her and she smiled brightly at the beautiful girl that was staring at her. She headed towards her and was whelmed with a hug. They stayed like this for a while and Yuju kissed Chaeyeon on the forehead.

“I prepared dinner” Chaeyeon said with the brightest smile. Chaeyeon leads Yuju to the dining table and the girl was once again impressed with the girl’s excellent cooking skills. The aroma of the food filled in Yuju’s nostril. The scent itself was fulfilling. She knew for sure that the food would taste delicious.

They sat beside each other and started to eat. Like the usual people, Chaeyeon asked Yuju how was school. Yuju would gladly told Chaeyeon about school. How she wished Chaeyeon could also go to school with her but stregois like her had no place in their town. Yuju’s family been keeping Chaeyeon and if the ministry or the stregois knew about this, they were all be in trouble.

Yuju and Chaeyeon were enjoying the meal when they heard a loud grumbling sound. Chaeyeon stopped for a bit and pretended she was okay. Yuju stopped eating too and heard the same sound again.

“You are hungry”

“I’m okay, I’m eating”

“No, when was the last time you drink blood”

“Er, more than a month and a half” Yuju stood up and remove her shirt. She stood up and assisted Chaeyeon too. She drank a glass of water and exposed her neck to Chaeyeon.

“You don’t need to do this, I’ll be fine”

“Come on, bon appetit” Yuju offered. Chaeyeon stepped forward and her fangs buried in Yuju’s. She elicits a moan and she could feel Chaeyeon’s fangs deep inside her. Upon drinking enough, Chaeyeon the mark, a mark that showed how much Yuju loves her.

She held Yuju’s face and kissed the girl. Yuju was still weak which was why she was holding unto Chaeyeon. Air was suppressed as the kiss deepened, fire in their bodies heated the cold night but Yuju’s strength was not enough. Chaeyeon sat her down and feed her. She felt that she drank Yuju’s blood a little too much, she must be really hungry then.

-0-

She looked at Yeonjung lovingly. She was sleeping on her lap. She the girl’s hair. Yeonjung was sleeping peacefully, she run her index finger in her fluffy cheek, she ran it upwards until it was stop by the bandage on Yeonjung’s face. She looked at Yeonjung and saw a cast on her arms. Yeonjung was still healing from the beating she had for trying to save Kyulkyung from the stregoi.

“I swear to god that stregoi will pay for what she have done to you” she said. She was angered by what had happened to Yeonjung, she couldn’t believe that her love was hurt by someone.

She stared outside the window, the stars and the moon was shining brightly. She promised herself that she would get her revenge, She hate herself from leaving Yeonjung alone and let her wondered in the amusement park. If she clung into her, Yeonjung would not be in this situation. Yeonjung moved and breathed sharply, her sides hurt and gasped from the pain. Doyeon panicked and checked on her.

“Are you okay?” She asked.

“I’m okay, I just breathed all of a sudden” Doyeon smiled again and put Yeonjung back to sleep.

“Those stregois will pay for what happened to you” Doyeon promised herself that she will kill any stregoi she would see.

-0-

The night was still young but the silence in their room was deafening. The usual bright, loud and talkative Eunwoo was staring outside the window. She stared at the moon that was shining its light. She sighed and looked down, she was still hurt. She remembered everything, she remembered how Kyla saved her, she smiled but she also remembered her words that broke her into pieces. Tears started to fell down her cheeks. She didn’t realize that she would be hurting this much. She falls in love quickly, she knew that but what she didn’t know was her feeling for Kyla was real. She’d never been this hurt, she never been so in love. She was broken. She hugged her knees and started to cry again. How she wished the moon would take away the pain but even its light was gloomy.

Kyla was in the other room, feeling Eunwoo’s room and movement. She sighed, how she could hurt Eunwoo that much. How ruthless she was saying those words. She leaned on the wall. She looked up and let her emotion drowned her. She looked outside the window and saw the moon that was gloomy. The light was bright but it was saddening. She decided to have a walk outside.

She was walking around the garden, looking down and thinking of what she could do to appease the hurting Eunwoo, the wind blew and she started to feel cold. The weather was nice but the atmosphere seems to be so sad. She kicked the air and sighed. She’s been doing this for a while. She walked a bit further but stopped when she saw a familiar face. It was Eunwoo.

The two of them was facing each other and was frozen from where they were standing. Kyla looked at Eunwoo but the latter was trying to avoid her gaze. The moon was there witnessing the awkwardness between them. Kyla moved forward but Eunwoo moved too, she was about to passed by the maknae when Kyla grabbed her by the arm. Eunwoo removed it and Kyla was not able to do anything. She looked at Eunwoo walking away from her. She saw Eunwoo slowly disappeared from her sight.

She leaned on the light post and lightly hit her head against it. She wanted a solution but nothing was coming out from her mind. She was sorry, she felt miserable.

-0-

Xiyeon was contemplating if she goes ahead and confessed to Rena. She’s been dropping hints but the girl was so dense. She didn’t know that Rena wouldn’t be able to pick up the pieces and solved it. She thought that the girl was playing too much.

She was with her again and Rena was busy flirting with the girls in school. She was invited to the school’s coffee shop but didn’t realize that she would be a total chaperon. She saw Rena placing the girl’s hair in her ear. She saw Rena whispering things to the other girl. She couldn’t take it anymore. She slammed the table and stood up. Rena and the other girls were startled. She glared at them and left.

Rena was startled with Xiyeon’s action. She saw her leaving which made her decide to leave the girls that she was with.

“Wait, who will pay for this” one girl shouted. Rena pointed at them and chased Xiyeon. Luckily, she was still at sight. She ran and grabbed her by her arm.

“What’s the matter?” she asked in confusion.

“You”

“What? Me?”

“Yes, you”

“Okay, but why” but before Xiyeon could answer, the two girls from the coffee shop was able to cope-up and hug Rena from behind.

“Don’t mind her, she has a mind on her own” this triggered Xiyeon and dodge forward the girls. She forcefully removed the girl’s arm from Rena and turned it a bit. This elicits a groan from the other girl.

“Didn’t you see, we are talking? Hey, that’s a no no” she said. Rena was trying to stop Xiyeon but she couldn’t do anything. She glared at the other girl who was about to help her friend.

“I don’t like these hands wrapping around my girl’s waist” the girl was in pain and she just agreed on whatever Xiyeon was saying. Rena tapped her shoulders and she released it. She warned them again not to come near Rena.

“Okay what was that?” Rena asked.

“Are you really that dense?”

“I don’t understand, are you jealous?”

“No, I am not”

“But you hurt Jisung and what’s with don’t come near me, isn’t that jealousy?” but Rena did not received any response.

“Come on Xiyeon, are you jealous?” Rena asked her question again.

“Fine, I am jealous! I can’t be jealous, I’ve never been jealous, just now” Xiyeon replied. Rena laughed a bit, Xiyeon’s cheek was painted with crimsons as she couldn’t believe she just said that to Rena.

“So you like me?” Rena asked. Xiyeon was baffled with the question. She didn’t know what she would say. Xiyeon wanted to say it was obvious, she was about to leave but she was grabbed by Rena again. Her head was rested on Rena’s chest.

“I know it but I just want to hear it from you” Xiyeon moved a bit and looked at Rena’s eyes. She nodded and Rena hugged her again.

The moon was shining and witnessing all of this. It was shining brightly. Half of the world was happy but the other side says the opposite. It shines brightly but gave different definition to the people who were seeing it.