Daze and Confuse

Peutin High

The fight between the stregoi and Yuha spread like wild fire in school. Students were so amazed as how Yuha and the rest of them were able to kill a stregoi. Everybody knows that facing one would really cost someone’s life. It takes a whole courage and strength to do so. Everyone from them was now the dream of most of the students.

Yuha walked around the campus and students started to crowd her. One student gave her a box of Patichi chocalates, she declined the offer and left. Rena saw the sulking girl, she faced her and took the chocolates from her.

“Are you hurt?” she said that while tucking the girl’s hair on the back of her ear.

“Sorry, I’ll take this for her” the girl was just smiling and blushing like crazy. Rena bit her lower lips and winked at the girl. The girl almost loses her consciousness upon receiving that, it was a double kill. Rena copes up with Yuha but Xiyeon was not happy with what she just witnessed.

Wherever they go students were crowding them especially Yuha. All of them were already popular but it spiked up after that incident. They were all waiting for their next class outside the school building. Sungyeon was busy strumming her guitar when another student approached them.

“Hi Sungyeon, flowers for you”

“Thanks Kim Seokyung but I already have a girlfriend” Sungyeon responded with a bright smile. Yehana who was beside her smiled and kissed her on her check.

“Wow, everyone is getting so popular these days” Eunwoo commented.

“Yeah, after that incident everyone was like after us.” Yehana replied.

“I kind of enjoy it though”

“As expected from the player, Kang Rena” Xiyeon said.

“What? I was just being friendly” Rena defended.

“Tucking a girl’s hair is not being friendly and accepting the chocolates she gave you” Xiyeon added.

“Are you jealous, princess?” Rena teased Xiyeon. The younger girl’s eyes amplified. She huff and tried to make a good comeback but she her frankness failed her.

“And if I say yes? What will you do?” she replied. Rena’s jaw dropped. She didn’t expect that answer from Xiyeon. She was indeed a straightforward person.

“Ayiii….look at them” Eunwoo said while hugging Kyla. The maknae removed Eunwoo’s arm. She complied but rested her head in Kyla’s shoulder. The latter couldn’t do anything and just shook her head. She didn’t know that kissing Eunwoo would make her cling to her so much. She blamed herself for watching too much drama.

Nayoung was just watching them silently. She was busy reading her book but was side glancing the younger ones. Roa went to her and lied down in Nayoung’s lap. The oldest girl lifted her book and was greeted by a wink from Roa. She blushed but continued reading her book.

Kyulkyung was sitting in between Yuha’s leg. Finally, they were able to let each other know about their feelings. Rena was watching them and could somehow a pitter pat. She was watching them when Kyulkyung gave a peck on Yuha’s cheek.

“Oh my god, I’m going to be diabetic here” she teased all the lovers around her.

“If you notice me then you won’t be commenting like that” Xiyeon whispered a little loud but no one was able to comprehend.

“What’s that?” Rena wondered.

“Nothing” she said.

Yehana just laughed at her jealous best friend. She didn’t imagine that her friend will be all jealous like this. She looked at her girlfriend and smiled brightly at her.

They were all busy when they were approached by another girl. Rena sighed thinking she was the same. She stood in front of them and mustered her courage to talk to them.

“Whose fan are you?” Eunwoo asked

“I’m not here to ask for a sign or something, I’m here to ask for your help” there attention shifted to the young girl standing in front of them. They looked at each other and sense that the girl was being serious.

“How can we help you?” Nayoung asked. She sat down and started telling her story. Everyone was all ears upon hearing what she needed. They were all flustered about the young girl and how she wanted their help. She gave them all the details and felt their heartstring started to be pulled when her eyes got teary.

“She’s a stregoi but she wanted to escape her faith.” She explained.

“So this girl is your girlfriend?” Roa was trying to understand her story.

“Yes, Chaeyeon is my girlfriend. We’ve been hiding our relationship to anyone except you guys” she added.

“So, Ms. Choi Yuju, you want us to help you stregoi girlfriend?” Rena asked again.

“Yes” and like an unexpected rain, tears started to stream down her eyes. Her story touched their hearts. Yuha who was angry by the mention of the word stregoi, somehow changed her mind and decided to help Yuju. She knew that Yuju just wanted Chaeyeon to have a happy life. Being a stregoi would really be a hard thing for them.

Yuju was a Dhampir and Chaeyeon was a stregoi. The two of them met when Yuju’s family were in a camping. They heard a loud animal cry and found a young beautiful girl drinking a deer’s blood. From the look of it, Yuju’s father knew that the girl was harmless. Yuju’s mother assisted the girl and handed her food. Chaeyeon accepted it and tried to eat it.

Starting from that day Yuju knew that Chaeyeon was different from the other stregois. Chaeyeon was raised by parents who believe that humans were friends and not food.  However, Chaeyeon’s parents were killed by fellow stregois and she is now under the custody of her aunt. Chaeyeon still didn’t want the ways of the stregois. She would escape and drink animal’s blood. Yuju would buy blood packs for Chaeyeon and sometimes let her drink her own blood especially when Chaeyeon’s need for blood was rising.

Whenever Chaeyeon was hungry and real food wouldn’t be enough, Yuju would offer herself. She would let Chaeyeon slurped her blood. She’s doing this as she really loves the girl. She would do anything just for Chaeyeon to live and have a normal life.

-0-

Kyla and Nayoung went to the library to check for account of stregois being humans. Kyla took book after book and put it on a table where Nayoung was scanning through. She went back to the shelves and took one book. She almost threw the book towards someone else when Eunwoo suddenly appeared.

Eunwoo followed Kyla along and just watching Kyla. She would just stare at her and let the girl do her things. However, Kyla was starting to feel uncomfortable. She didn’t understand what she feels. She likes the attention but she felt like Eunwoo was being too clingy. She didn’t even know if Eunwoo was being real.

They went outside and Roa was waiting for them. They went to the auditorium where the others were waiting. It was Yehana’s play. They were there to support their little sunshine. The show ended and all 9 of them applaud Yehana like crazy. Since the play was a success, the actors started to pop the balloons. Kyla immediately covered Eunwoo’s ears as she knew that the girl was afraid of the sound. Eunwoo’s heart raced upon Kyla’s gesture. She thought that the girl might like her already.

They went to the after party and celebrated Yehana’s successful play. Yuha and Kyulkyung were being mushy together and started to become inseparable. Yehana did not left Sungyeon’s side and was busy introducing her to her co-actors. Nayoung and Roa were just on the bar counter watching them. Roa would held Nayoung hands from time to time and would kiss it sometimes.

Meanwhile. Rena was busy flirting and Xiyeon would just rolled her eyes. Rena would go to some girls and Xiyeon would throw death glares to them. She even used her power to scare a girl whom Rena was flirting with.

Eunwoo was with Kyla and she would literally shoo girls that were approaching Kyla. This pisses off Kyla and she didn’t know that this would spark some fire between her and Eunwoo. Kyla left the venue and Eunwoo started to follow her.

“Ila, where are you going? Ila, Ila!” Eunwoo kept on calling her but Kyla would not budge. She ran and grabbed the younger girl by her hand. Kyla didn’t noticed that she removed Eunwoo’s hand pretty strongly.

“Kyla, I…”

“What! You are so ridiculous unnie!”

“I was just making them know that..”

“That what? I am yours? Unnie, come on! Let me live, I want to have other friends too.”

“Are you saying that I am…”

“Yes, you are being funny! I am sick of tired of your clinginess” Kyla would not let Eunwoo finished her sentence. Eunwoo got hurt by Kyla’s words she didn’t know that she was choking the girl with her possessiveness. She felt sad, she wanted to cry.

“I just love you”

“Well, I don’t! So please for once, leave me alone” Kyla said out of anger. Eunwoo’s gates of tears opened and it started to fall. She looked down and left Kyla alone. She was hurt by Kyla’s words. She didn’t know that the younger girl would burst like that.

Kyla saw the tears in Eunwoo’s eyes. She realized that she went overboard.  She leaned on the wall and let her emotions died down. She didn’t realize that she would explode like that.

Nayoung saw her and sat beside her. Kyla hugged the older girl and cried in her arms. She didn’t know that she would also be hurt.

“Unnie, I hurt Eunwoo unnie” Nayoung caressed the maknae on the back. Roa saw them and joined. She pat the maknae’s head and sat in front of them.

“It’s okay to ask for space but I think you went a little over there” Roa said to the maknae. Kyla’s tears started to fall again. Roa and Nayoung stayed with Kyla and comforted her. They knew that the girl was just confused.

-0-

The party ended and all of them went back to their dorm. Rena checked their room and found no Eunwoo in there. She went down to the kitchen to look for Kyulkyung.

“Juju did you see…oh my goodness” Rena was not able to finished her question upon seeing Kyulkyung. The girl was busy kissing Yuha. She stopped and glared at Rena.

“Next time you guys get a room” she suggested. Kyulkyung stuck her tongue out.

“What?”

“I was about to ask you if you see Eunwoo but seems like you don’t since you are busy with Yuha unnie’s lips” she said trying to tease the two.

“Isn’t she in our room? She went home first right?”

“No, she’s not there.”

“Go, check Kyla’s room. She might be there” Yuha suggested.

“Ah yes, I should check there. And oh, you might want to continue that somewhere” Rena said teasing them again. Yuha jokingly kicked her and the girl laughed at the two.

Rena went to Kyla and Sungyeon’s room but Eunwoo was not there. The night was getting deeper and there were no sight of Eunwoo. They tried to call Eunwoo but she wouldn’t answer her phone.

-0-

Eunwoo was mindlessly walking around the street she didn’t even know where. She was really hurt by Kyla’s words. She was walking with her head down low. She wouldn’t mind the people passing by. She would bump into some of them unable to say sorry as she was drowned by her emotions.

She continued to walk, still unable to be aware of her surroundings. She bumped once again into someone but this time the one she bumped into was not taking it lightly.

“Are you not going to say sorry?” she shouted but Eunwoo couldn’t her anything. She continued to walk which pisses the girl that she bumped into. The girl shouted but Eunwoo wouldn’t stop.

The girl and her group of friends went in front of Eunwoo and this time she stopped walking. She looked at them, sheepishly gave a smile but they wouldn’t let her go.

“How brave of you to ignore Sol-ee like that” said one of the boys. There were 4 of them, 2 boys and 2 girls. Eunwoo bowed down and tried to move forward but was stopped again.

“Wow seriously” the girl, Sol-ee said.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to” Eunwoo finally said, she tried to pass through but they won’t let them. Eunwoo wanted to shout, why she would be in trouble in this time. She ran and the 4 of them chased them.

Eunwoo was not good at running but she tried her best to escape. She was able to make a distance but she was cornered. She sighed and wanted to curse the heaven for the misfortune. She sighed, she said to herself that she would just go accept whatever. She has a power she was not in the mood to use it.

The 4 of them circled Eunwoo and passed her over. Eunwoo was starting to get dizzy. She fell down. She stood up, she thought might go ahead and fight. She was about to receive a punch but was surprise to have nothing. She felt someone standing in front of her.

Kyla was able to caught Sol-ee’s fist by her hand. She pushed Sol-ee and the girl stumbled. Kyla found Eunwoo.

Eunwoo looked up and saw a familiar tall girl in front of her. Kyla looked at her and smiled. She shifted her attention back to the 4 people who tried to hurt Eunwoo.

“Wow, a backup” said the other girl.

“I’m not her backup” Kyla said.

“Who are you then?” asked the other guy.

“I’m her girlfriend and I don’t let anybody touch my girl” Eunwoo was baffled upon hearing what Kyla said. “Girlfriend” did she heard it right? Isn’t she the cause of her despair? Didn’t she just ask for her to stay away and what was it, Kyla said she was her girlfriend.

Kyla didn’t do much as those individuals were powerless. She made everybody down and crawling. Eunwoo had to stop her as she might kill them.

They head to the car that was waiting for them. Kyla assisted Eunwoo. She asked if she was hurt but Eunwoo would answer her by a short yes. Kyla tried to held Eunwoo’s hand but the latter let go. Kyla knew, it was her fault, she couldn’t blame the older girl.

During the whole trip, Eunwoo was just staring outside the window. She was tired both emotionally and physically. She closed her eyes and after a few minutes she was in a deep slumber. Kyla noticed it and rested Eunwoo’s head on her shoulder. How she wished she didn’t say those words. How she wished she was careful but it was too late, the happy virus loses the smile on her face.