You Before Me

Peutin High

Nayoung was doing her daily routine, checking the entire school to see if there was something odd or anything. She usually does her rounds alone as fear was nothing for her. She was born to be the keeper, keeper of the stone in which holds the unity of the world that they were in. Nayoung had to be strong; as if she showed weakness the enemies would come and use that to destroy the peace in Seoulyville.

Seoulyville was the southern part of Koraya, a small country in which extra ordinary people were ordinary. Koraya was a peaceful country where Prismatics, Elastins, Dhampirs, Stregois, No-Maj and all magical creatures’ lives in harmony until one powerful stregoi shattered the peace. Her name was Kim Hyuna.

Hyuna was a pretty, fierce and cunning woman. She’s ambitious and wanted to control the whole planer. She was once the best student in Puetin High but she was expelled as she caused harm to the other students. Her vast knowledge in dark magic, potions and spells made her the queen of the northern part of Koraya which was the Death Valley. Hyuna’s selfish desire separated the country into two. No one knew the where about of Hyuna but that did not mean that they could let their guards down and be at ease.

Nayoung was on her way to the dorm building when she saw two shadows near the hallway. She followed them and saw that they went to the old comfort room. She can hear a subtle giggle from the shadow. Nayoung couldn’t deny the fact that she was starting to get worried. She readies herself for whatever creature she might find. She went to the comfort room and the giggles were gone. Nayoung paused for a moment and tried to feel presence in the area. There were no more giggles but she heard a loud bang. She slowly walked towards the 3rd cubicle and felt a presence in there. She can’t hear anything besides subtle panting. At a count of 3, she opened the door only to find out two girls making out.

“Sejeong! Chungha!” the two stopped and the smaller girl turned red after being busted. “Unnie…Sejeong and I were just….” said Chungha
“Making out” Sejeong continued. Chungha lightly elbowed Sejeong out of embarrassment.
“I know. Get a room, why do you guys need to do it here?” Nayoung asked.
“Chungha’s roommate is there and unnie, you know how much I miss Chungha right?” Nayoung just nodded her head and told the two to go back to their room. Sejeong and Chungha were Nayoung’s good friends. This was not the first time that Nayoung witness the two doing PDA but what she had seen today was beyond her expectation.

“Unnie, you won’t tell the Head Teacher right?” Chungha asked nervously. Nayoung was known to be one of the disciplined students in the school and she also made sure that everybody follows the rules.

“Come on, Nayoung unnie is our friend, she won’t, right?” Sejeong said in quiet a confident tone but Nayoung cold sense nervousness in her tone.

“Of course, I won’t but please don’t let the other students see this.” Nayoung replied with a smile in her face. The lovers nodded and bid Nayoung goodbye. Before leaving, Chungha went back to hug Nayoung. The former was tiptoeing as Nayoung was really tall. She thanked Nayoung again and left.

Nayoung noticed that there was a faucet leaking. She tried to fix it but like fate was playing with her the pipe suddenly burst and water was sprinkling everywhere, she tried to control the water but the stream was blurring her glasses. She was contemplating of removing her glasses as she knew that if she does another side of her would come out. Nayoung removed it quickly and stopped the raging waters.

The comfort room was soaked in water. Since it was not her character to leave things untidy she head towards the mop and at decided to at least dry the floor. She walked slowly as the floor was slippery. She grabbed the mop and when she was about to turn around she slipped. Luckily, a pair of arms caught her. She turned around and saw a familiar face. She smiled at her and thanked her.

“Roa, what are you doing here?” instead of an answer, she received a sheepish grin from her. She grabbed another mop and started mopping the floor. Nayoung just smiled and started mopping too.

While mopping, Roa kept on glancing at Nayoung and saw that the girl kept on wiping her glasses. She moved towards Nayoung. She grabbed the tip of Nayoung’s glasses and slowly removed it.

“You do know that you look really pretty without your glasses, right?”


“But you also know that I am not comfortable without them” Nayoung tried to grab her glasses back but Roa won’t bother giving it back, she held it upwards and Nayoung tried to reach it, but Roa was slightly taller than her. She tried to tiptoe but Roa would do the same, Nayoung failed and fell, Roa caught her again with her other arm.

Their faces were inches apart from each other. Both of them can feel each other’s breath, eyes staring at each other, heart racing 100 km/hr.

 Roa’s lips crashed with Nayoung’s, the latter’s hand that was trying to reach for the glasses slowly wrapped against the former’s neck. Roa’s hand slowly wrapped against Nayoung’s waist.  The room was all of sudden engulf with the two girls desire for each other. Passion was burning and the two of them couldn’t care of what was happening around them.

They both know that what they were doing could bring them into total mess later but Roa was longing for Nayoung. She was waiting for this moment to come again. They restrained themselves too much for the sake of others. Nayoung and Roa knew that it was the time as moment like this might not happen again.

Roa pulled Nayoung closer and deepened the kiss, their eyes both closed and only their feelings for each other were felt. Nayoung tighten her arms around Roa’s neck. She slowly touched Roa’s nape and the girl responded with a gasp. Their kiss intensifies but it had to stop, they can’t let their emotions burn them as the enemies may lurked around them.

Nayoung was the first one to break the kiss. She and Roa stared at each other again. You can tell that the both of them were out of breath. Roa fixed Nayoung’s hair and as a result Nayoung peck her lips. Roa smiled which was returned with another smile from Nayoung.

“You’re more beautiful when you have these glasses off” Roa said, tucking another strand of her behind Nayoung’s ears, her hand still wrapping Nayoung’s waist. Nayoung cutely pout and hit Roa’s shoulder.

“Why is it so hot in here? Or is because you are here?” Roa asked Nayoung. The girl laughed and playfully hit Roa’s arms again.

“I’m not kissing you again, stop with your pick-up lines” Nayoung responded while caressing Roa’s face line with her finger.

“Besides, we still need to mop the floor” she continued. Roa pouted cutely protesting but Nayoung did not buy that and slowly removed Roa’s hand from her waist. She handed the mop and they continued cleaning.

The two of them decided to talk. They went to their favorite place which was the balcony of their dorm building. Minutes had passed and no one was talking. Both of them were staring at the stars. They attempted to speak but they ended up trying to speak at the same time.

“You first” they co-ed. They laughed and Roa encouraged Nayoung to speak first. Nayoung nodded.

“I’m not sure what to say but I just want to say thank you.”

“What for?”

“For everything, for taking care of me, looking after me and always waiting for me”

“You are worth waiting for”

“I guess I am just scared, what if you get tired?”

“Of what? Waiting? Not going to happen”

“But I know you can’t wait forever”

“My forever means you, there is no forever if it is not you”

“I mean, if you want to go ahead and…” Nayoung was not able to finish her sentence. She was silenced by Roa’s lips. It crashed against hers again. It was short but sweet.

Roa held Nayoung’s hands. She lifted her head and aligned it, making sure that her eyes were looking at her eyes. She smiled and tightened her hand around Nayoung’s hands.

“You know that you are the best thing that happened to me right?” Nayoung nodded.

“We’ve talked about this over and over again. You are the only one I want and you are only one for me. My heart only belongs to you, no one else. We both know that it is our situation is pretty complicated but I rather have this than to be apart from you. I will protect you, save you, even that cost my life. It’s you before me.” Nayoung’s eyes started to get teary and even before it fall Roa wiped it with her fingers. Roa hugged Nayoung tightly. Engulfing her with her love, Nayoung could fell Roa’s love. She knew that the girl was sincere and true to her feelings. They broke the hug and smiled at each other.

Nayoung felt loved. She knew that Roa would always be there for her. She knew that Roa’s love was pure. It’s not like a duty that Roa must fulfill. She knew that Roa really loves her.

It was Roa’s duty to take care of Nayoung. Despite being a prismatic, Roa’s father was a Dhampir. She was raised to be a warrior in order to protect and guard the Keepers.

Dhampirs were half human-half vampire and guards to the Keepers. They were trained to guard and expected to risk their lives for Keepers like Nayoung. It was their duty to serve and be a human shield for the like of Nayoung which Roa doesn’t mind. She would willingly risk her life for Nayoung. She’s been keeping an eye at Nayoung, making sure that no harm would come near her. Roa was prepared for everything. She knew that a time would come and she would really need to fight for Nayoung. For now, Roa doesn’t want to think of anything like that as she would want to enjoy the moment that she was sharing with Nayoung.

-0-

 

“Please don’t” a girl pleaded.

“Why? Don’t be afraid I’m not going to hurt you” another girl responded. Her eyes and lips were red; she was holding the other girl in her neck. 

The girl was shaking; she knew that what she was saying was not true. The girl grinned and burry her fangs to her neck, a loud scream could be heard but she was helpless. No one could hear her, she knew she was done. She was dry and when the other was finished, she dropped the girl lifeless on the ground.

She wiped and moved on. It was a good night for her, another victim fell pry for her. The night deepens and she was still thirsty. She walked around and saw a busy street full of people. It was a perfect spot for her for not to be noticed.

She went inside a bar and her charm instantly becomes noticeable, her red lips were alluring, her dark red eyes were inviting. She looked around and perfect another girl was staring at her. She checked her, not fresh but good enough past time for her. She approached and started doing her magic.