09. Confidence Is A Virtue

Misconduct Of Seventeen

‘What is he doing?’ Seungkwan asked everyone who was also witnessing what he was seeing.

‘Why is Jun making all those weird poses?’ Chan asked, walking over to the group.

‘I don’t get it,’ Jeonghan said, turning his head to study Jun’s gestures.

 

Across the room, the person in question was sitting at a table with a cup of coffee. An elongated v, made with his thumb and pointer finger, was vertical against his face. While his other hand was in the air. His legs were stretched out to show off their longness.

A moment later he was gazing off into the distance, lost in thought, with a smoldering look in his eyes.

 

‘Someone needs to go talk to him,’ Seungcheol said, not volunteering to do it himself.

Soonyoung smiled and turned in the direction of Jihoon, ‘Jihoonie!’

Jihoon looked away and said a definite, ‘No!’

Going over to Jihoon, Soonyoung clung onto his arm, ‘Come on Jihoon, Jun likes you. You can talk to him.’

‘You guys are the curious ones. You go and ask him what he is up to,’ Jihoon replied, not leaving his spot.

 

Jihoon dragged himself over to Jun. He couldn't believe everyone talked him into doing this.

‘Hello, Jihoon,’ Jun said through a deep gaze, ‘Have you come to appreciate art?’

Suppressing a gag, Jihoon shook his head, ‘The guys were wondering what you were up to.’

‘I’m looking cool. Don’t I look amazingly cool?’ Jun replied, tilting his head.

 

Jihoon sighs, going back to tell the others.

 

Jun had his lips on his mug yet he wasn’t drinking anything.

Jihoon grumbled as he sees this, ‘They want to know why.’

‘Go ask if they think I look cool,’ Jun tells him.

 

Jihoon wanted to cry, but he leaves to rejoin the crowd watching them.

 

With a huff, Jihoon walks back to Jun, ‘They said you do look cool, but they don’t like it.’

Jun couldn’t hold it in anymore. Losing all his cool expressions, he smiles. Standing up, he leans over to smile with a wink, waving at the crowd. ‘You guys are pretty cool too.’


 

‘Minghao, can you help unload the boxes of new books?’ Mingyu asked the loitering boy.

‘Sorry, I’m a bit busy at the moment,’ Minghao says back, as he pulls out a book to just put it back in the same place.

Mingyu frowns, ‘It’s going to take forever if you don’t help.’

‘That’s not my problem,’ Minghao said as he moved down the aisle.

‘Helping out is literally your job description here,’ Mingyu tells him.

Minghao stops in his steps to glare at Mingyu, ‘Do the job yourself, otherwise I’ll tell everyone you sneezed in all their coffee cups at least once before.’

With his own glare, Mingyu walks away.

 

‘They need you to take the trash out, Minghao,’ Joshua tells the sitting boy, ‘Apparently it’s getting really bad.’

Minghao doesn’t even look at Joshua when he replies, ‘You mean Soonyoung can’t walk himself out?’

Joshua scoffed, ‘That joke is so old, I actually thought you could do better.’

‘If it’s bad, why can’t they do it themselves?’ Minghao asks.

‘They’re super busy at the moment,’ Joshua said, ‘Look at the line they have.’

Glancing at the cafe counter, Minghao notices over ten people in line.

‘This is why the managers should have never gotten rid off the missing four robots. They could have helped with this,’ Minghao said while shaking his head.

Ten minutes later and Minghao has still not left his seat...

 

‘You should probably go and help the cafe,’ Wonwoo says to a spaced out Minghao, ‘They look like they are dying over there.’

Minghao sighed, ‘I can’t at the moment. I’m too sad.’

‘What do you have to be sad about?’ Wonwoo asks.

‘Life. How my life is nothing,’ Minghao pouts.

Wonwoo glares at the boy, ‘You were literally laughing and crying over a cat video five minutes ago.’

‘You can’t make me,’ Minghao glares back.

Not losing his eye contact, Wonwoo said, ‘Go.’

‘Leave me alone, or I’ll tell Mingyu you were staring at his .’

‘Go, otherwise I’ll tell Jun you want to be his friend.’

‘You wouldn’t dare!’

‘Jun!’ Wonwoo screams out.

Minghao’s mouth drops open. He couldn’t believe it. Standing up, he goes to join the mess behind the cafe counter.

Jun pops up beside Wonwoo, ‘Hey Wonwoo, did you call for me?’