15. Conflict In The Storage Room

Misconduct Of Seventeen

‘Jihoon!?’ Joshua turned to Jihoon with puppy eyes and a pout on his lips.

Jihoon sighed and said, ‘We need more filters?’

Joshua, not losing his puppy eyes, nodded.

‘I’ll be back in a few minutes,’ Jihoon said, turning to leave for the storage room.

 

When Jihoon reaches the storage room he goes to grab the ladder first, but before he could lift it up he hears noises coming from deeper in the room. He couldn't believe he was going to be eavesdropping in on another conversation. Yes, he should’ve walked away, but as much as he wanted to he quieted down and listened on.

 

‘You said there was something you wanted to tell me?’ the voice of Vernon came through.

‘Y-yea. I need you to know...’ Seungkwan started but quieted off.

Vernon could be heard sighing, ‘What is it, Seungkwan? What is so hard to tell me you are acting like this?’

 

Jihoon was concentrated on the conversation he was listening on, he didn't even realize he was joined by someone else.

A warmth overtook his right shoulder and a voice whispered, ‘What are we eavesdropping on?’

Leaning away from the body next to him, Jihoon took in the vision in front of him. Seungcheol was smirking and laughing inaudibly. Jihoon put a finger to his lips, making sure the other two having a private conversation wouldn't catch them.

Seungcheol finally stopped laughing and neared Jihoon again, ‘Isn't that Seungkwan and Vernon?’

Jihoon nodded, still not saying anything to give away their position.

 

‘Seungkwan,’ Vernon said, ‘I don’t even have to hear you say it. I know what you want to tell me. I could see it for a while now.’

‘Yo-you know?’ Seungkwan asked in a fluster, ‘You’ve known this whole time, and you didn't say anything.’

‘It’s not like you said anything to me either. It’s you who want to initiate this, but you’ve only came up to me now. If you want, we can start this weekend. I have nothing going on.’

‘Vernon, are you saying...’

‘Yes, Seungkwan. I’ll take you on as my rapper apprentice. I’ll teach you everything I know.’

‘YAAHH!!’ Seungkwan yelled out in frustation.

‘Isn’t that what you want?’

He didn’t even reply, Seungkwan walked away from Vernon. He passed the two, who had been listening, and out the storage room.

Vernon sighed and tried to follow Seungkwan, ‘Seungkwan, wait for me. Tell me what's wrong!’

He almost made it out of the room before he stopped in front of Jihoon and Seungcheol. Looking at them, Vernon said, ‘Have you guys been standing there the whole time?’

Seungcheol shook his head furiously and pointed to Jihoon. Jihoon widened his eyes in betrayal, glaring at Seungcheol.

‘Whatever,’ Vernon said as he left the two to go find Seungkwan.

 

‘Can you believe what happened?’ Seungcheol asked Jihoon, ‘I really thought Seungkwan wanted to learn how to rap. He is so serious when Vernon and I have our battles.’

Jihoon shakes his head and smirked.

Seungcheol continued, ‘To be fair though, he should have came to me for rapping advice.’

Jihoon scoffs and now shakes his head in disbelief.

A chuckle leaves Seungcheol as he stares at Jihoon, ‘What, you don’t think I’m good at rapping? I don't see you doing any better than me.’

Finally, Jihoon speaks up, ‘You may be better than me, but Vernon is way better than you. Even I can see that.’

As if Seungcheol didn't hear anything else, he laughed and shouted, ‘So you acknowledge that I’m better than you!’

 

Later on that day Seungcheol walks over to a daydreaming Jihoon. ‘Hey, I think I figured out what Seungkwan was trying to say to Vernon earlier.’

Jihoon looked over to Seungcheol and saw the look on his face. Seungcheol was smug with himself, happy to have figured out the puzzle piece he had been thinking about the whole day.

He didn't want to ruin Seungcheol’s day, but he also couldn't help himself. Jihoon smiles at Seungcheol and said, ‘Seungkwan likes Vernon.’

A frown finds itself on Seungcheol’s face, mad that Jihoon had known and didn't tell him, ‘How did you find that out before me?’

‘If you didn't get it right away from what we heard than you’re not very bright,’ Jihoon tells Seungcheol.

‘I was busy thinking about how I would teach Seungkwan how to rap. Then I was busy thinking about how I would teach you how to rap. I totally forgot why Seungkwan really wanted to talk with Vernon.’