12. Cookie Wars

Misconduct Of Seventeen

‘Do you want half of my cookie?’ Seungcheol decidedly asked Jihoon.

Jihoon looked up from his phone, on his break, blinking at the words of Seungcheol. ‘You’re not going to finish it?’

‘I’ve had too much already today,’ Seungcheol tells him, ‘It would be a waste to throw it away, and you’re have your break now. It’s best to eat them when they are still warm.

Looking from Seungcheol’s face to the cookie in his hand, Jihoon wasn’t sure what to do.

Seungcheol sighs, ‘I didn’t poison it. You’ll be safe, you won’t be pooping all day, I promise.’

With a nod, Jihoon decides to accept the offer. He actually loved the cookies made by the members, so it was actually nice to be getting even half of one.

Placing the cookie down on a napkin, Seungcheol leaves Jihoon alone for his break. After going back to work and putting his apron back on Seungcheol felt better about himself. He was going to be happy, no matter how much the world was going to throw obstacles at him.

Jihoon stared at the cookie for a while longer after Seungcheol had left. As much as he wanted to grab it and stuff it down his mouth, he had to savour it. Going back to his phone Jihoon sees he had received a new message.

 

‘Who's going to get the last cookie today?’ Mingyu yelled throughout the closing store. He knew what he was enticing, and he lived for it. Everyone loved his cookies, and Mingyu loved nothing more than for the members to fight over the last one.

‘Seungkwan, you can have it today, Seungcheol yelled out.

‘No thank you, Seungcheol,’ Seungkwan replied, ‘Either you can have it or Jun can have it.’

Jun stands up from sweeping the floors, saying, ‘Thanks guys, but my parents are making dinner and I’m saving my stomach for my parents homemade food.’

Minghao pops up from the back room of the bookstore, ‘Would your parents be okay if I join? I haven’t had any Chinese food in forever. And I have something to tell your brother.’

With a serious head nod, Jun’s eyes widened, ‘Yes, come home with me Minghao. My brother keeps asking about you. And you have to meet my parents.’

‘I want to come too!’ Seokmin joined in.

‘Me too!’ Chan chimed in.

‘Hey!’ Mingyu screamed out, ‘What about my cookie? Who’s going to take my cookie home? Come on guys, usually you guys are fighting to have the last one.’

‘Just eat it yourself,’ Vernon tells him.

‘Bu-But,’ Mingyu stutters out, ‘I made it just for this reason. If you guys don’t even enjoy my cookies, do you really think the customers will?’

‘I’ll take your last cookie,’ came a deep voice hidden behind a book.

‘Wonwoo?’ Mingyu looks over to the bookstore’s counter.

Setting the book aside, to look at Mingyu, Wonwoo nods, ‘I haven’t got the chance to take home the last cookie yet. I’ll take it home.’

With a wide grin on, Mingyu skips over with the cookie in a plastic bag, ‘You won’t regret it. I usually make the last cookie the best. Just because I know one of you guys will take it home.’

‘Great. Thank you, Mingyu,’ Wonwoo said with a smile, accepting the cookie. Then ignoring Mingyu, he goes right back to reading.

 

Jihoon hears the bells chime over their front door and looks up from his tablet of coffee recipes. A man with fox eyes walks in.

A smile forms on Jihoon’s lips as he was still unaware of who he was dealing with. “Welcome to Seventeen. What can I get for you today?’

Fox eyes barely looks at the hanging menu before he goes back to an anticipating Jihoon. ‘Hi, yes, I would like a blueberry muffin and an iced americano.’

‘Of course, sir,’ Jihoon said with his smile still on.

After totaling the order and the man with the fox eyes paying, Jihoon went on to gathering his items together. Knowing he wasn’t technically allowed to reach for muffins while he mixed drinks, he called for help first.

Going to the kitchen door Jihoon called for Seungcheol, who was supposed to be manning the bakery station.

‘Seungcheol, can I get some help out here?’

Seungcheol looks up from stuffing his face with a cookie and slowly nods. Jihoon stares at the image in front of him, and quietly backs away, leaving Seungcheol to finish up his hidden snack.

When Seungcheol finally joins Jihoon, he creeps up to the concentrated boy, whispering, ‘Fox eyes is in.’

Jihoon looks away from what he was doing for a split second and stares at Seungcheol, ‘What do you mean?’

‘That gentleman,’ Seungcheol gestures to the customer Jihoon was helping, ‘He’s the reason why we have a bakery in the first place.’

Jihoon stared at the man with fox eyes and a look of shock played over his face. He had heard the rumors of this man for a long time. He couldn’t believe the man had the nerve to come back.

Once he had finished the drink, and Seungcheol had chosen a blueberry muffin, they both stood behind their counter to call out the customer with fox eyes.

‘Your order is finished,’ Jihoon said with a forced smile.

A smile was also on the man with fox eyes as he made his way back to the counter. ‘Ah thank you. I knew you guys had it in you to give me a blueberry muffin. I just knew it! The customer is always right!’

The man walks out the door and Seungcheol had to force down a very bad word.