02. Rumors Of Seventeen

Misconduct Of Seventeen

 

‘Why is the place called Seventeen when there are only 13 of you guys?’ Mingyu’s friend asked.

‘And why is it that everyone asks us that?’ Seungcheol said, wiping down the table next to Mingyu and Jungkook.

A body slid next to Junkook and whispered out loud, ‘Is someone curious about the name Seventeen?’

‘Don’t listen to anything he says,’ Seungcheol said, walking away to clean another table across the room, ‘Soonyoung, stop spreading rumors.’

With slit eyes, Soonyoung shook his head slowly towards Jungkook, ‘Don’t listen to Seungcheol. All the rumors are true.’

Jungkook blinked as he waited for Soonyoung to spill his knowledge. All the while Mingyu just sighed and watched on.

When Soonyoung realized Jungkook was still paying attention to him, he went on with his story. ‘At one time we were seventeen, but then the fire nation attacked!’

‘Soonyoung,’ Mingyu said with a glare.

‘Sorry,’ Soonyoung said with a small smile, ‘Wrong story. As I was saying, there were seventeen of us. But as time went on they all just started disappearing. Who knows what happened to them. We really don’t have time to search for new people either. Although if you are interested in joining, we would consider it. Mingyu always says nice things about you.’

 

‘Why is the place called Seventeen when there are only 13 of you guys?’ Minghao’s friend asked.

‘Soonyoung,’ Minghao yelled to the counter of the cafe.

A head popped up from the counter and blinked curiously at the two. With no idea of what was going on, he walked over to the two. ‘What can I do for you guys?’

‘My friend here is wondering what happened to the missing four,’ Minghao said, knowing full well what he was getting his friend into.

‘Ahhhh,’ Soonyoung said, inviting himself to sit next to Bambam. ‘You guys have asked the right person.’

Bambam had his eyes wide open, unsure of if he wanted to know now.

Soonyoung enjoyed people’s reactions too much, knowing he had to go on with his story now.

With fake tears in his eyes, he told them, ‘The first member to leave us, he was so young. We all miss him so much.’

‘Wha-What happened to him?’ Bambam asked, scared but curious.

Soonyoung wiped away imaginary tears, ‘Leg infestation. They had to cut off both of them. He’s still learning to walk on his new legs. I miss that kid so much. Maybe he’ll come back to us one day.’

‘Leg infestation?’ Minghao said with a glare, ‘What is that Soonyoung?’

Stopping his act, Soonyoung looked back to the cafe counter and decided it was time to go back, ‘Ahh, I need to make a cup of coffee!’

Getting up, he fled away.

‘Is there something wrong with him?’ Bambam asked Minghao.

All Minghao could do was swirl circles around the side of his temple.

 

‘Why is the place called Seventeen when there are only 13 of you guys?’ Seungkwan’s friend asked.

Seungkwan sighed, ‘Do you really want to know?’

‘I did ask, didn’t I?’ Ken nervously chuckled.

‘Fine, you dug your own grave,’ Seungkwan said. He turned to the cafe counter and yelled out for Soonyoung.

Jihoon, who was behind the counter, turned around and said, ‘Soonyoung is on his break. I don’t know where he disappeared off to. He’ll be back in ten minutes. Did you guys need something?’

‘Ahh,’ Seungkwan shrugged in apology, ‘No. We’re all good here, Jihoon. Go back to work.’

Ken leaned over and whispered, ‘That’s the legendary fairy, Lee Jihoon?’

Seungkwan nodded.

15 minutes later...

Soonyoung invited himself to sit next to Ken, ‘I heard you guys were looking for me. Are you guys curious about the missing four?’

‘Ken is curious,’ Seungkwan tells him.

‘ I thought so,’ Soonyoung chuckled, ‘Well, you guys have asked the right person. You see, we used to have seventeen members.’

Soonyoung leaned over and whispered, ‘Then the neighborhood puppy, Teeny, bit one of the members and he turned into a zombie. Before we realized it he had already turned three more members and we had to dispose of them.’

Ken had a look of horror on his face as he asked, ‘You mean?’

Soonyoung smirked and nodded, ‘There was no use, they were as good as dead by then.’

‘Wha-What happened to Teeny, the dog?’ Ken asked.

‘Some girl, wearing a white dress with long black hair, came for him. We’ve never seen him since.’

Seungkwan sighed, ‘Are you done?’

‘Yeah,’ Soonyoung chuckled. Getting up, he left the two to rejoin Jihoon behind the cafe counter.