01. Gossip In The Storage Room

Misconduct Of Seventeen

Jihoon was in the storage room, grabbing more filters, when he heard some of his co workers enter the room. He was sure the two didn't know he was already in the same room because they started to gossip. At times like this Jihoon would quietly walk out, yet when he recognized the voices he became interested in what was being said.

‘I think if we just invited him out, he would be more easy going around us,’ came Joshua’s voice on the other side of the shelf.

The next voice caught Jihoon’s interest the most.

Seungcheol replied Joshua, saying, ‘Are you sure he actually won’t bring down the mood? I mean, have you seen him? He is such a two face fairy. Nice and smiley to customers but stone cold face to us. It’s annoying.’

Dread filled Jihoon as the words were said. No doubt their words were about him, they all called him fairy for being the shortest. Jihoon shrunk back into the wall and waited for the two to leave, wondering if what he heard was really what they thought of him.

 

‘Where are those filters?’ Seungkwan yelled through the back room of the cafe, ‘Jihoon? We’re in desperate need of them!’

With the bag of filters in hand, Jihoon slunk out of the storage room. Sighing, he walked back to his work station next to the impatient Seungkwan. After filling up the coffee filters, Jihoon went back to watching out for customers.

‘Are we good on filters in the storage room, or do we have to order more? You were gone for quite a long time in there,’ Seungkwan asked.

Blinking, Jihoon looked over and said, ‘We’re still good. There were at least ten bags left. It was just on a high shelf, and I had to grab a ladder.’

Seungkwan nodded, letting out a sound of understanding.

Jihoon left the conversation at that, turning back to stare out at the whole cafe. He wondered if he should ask to go and join the bookstore side of the cafe. Jun was there, and Jun was always easier to talk to.

 

The end of the night was nearing and Jihoon was wiping down all their equipments. Everyone was doing their own closing chores, wanting to get out as soon as possible. Quietly humming to himself, Jihoon worked fast to get the job done as well. Apparently the group had some party they were going to and they were all buzzing with excitement to leave for the day. Jihoon, on the other hand, just wanted to got home. He also didn’t want to be the reason for the group to be late for their own personal appointments.

‘Jihoon?’ a voice said from behind him.

Turning around, Jihoon came face to face with Joshua.

‘Hey,’ Joshua said with a smile.

Jihoon thought about the conversation he overheard and put on a smile, ‘Hi Joshua. What’s up?’

If possible, Joshua smiled even wider, ‘There’s this party happening tonight, and we were wondering if you wanted to come along. Everyone is going. I know I’m asking you pretty late, so if you had other plans you don’t have to agree.’

Keeping his smile on, Jihoon said, ‘Thanks for the invite, but I really just want to go home right now. The long hours has made me very exhausted.’

‘Ah,’ Joshua said, nodding, ‘I’m sure they do. You should hang out with us sometimes, we're all curious as to how you are outside of work.’

‘Okay,’ Jihoon said nodding, ‘I hope you guys have fun at your party tonight.’

Joshua chuckled, ‘I’m sure Mingyu will make sure of that.’

 

After they closed up the cafe/bookstore Jihoon went on his way home, and the rest of his coworkers went the other. Walking towards his apartment Jihoon tried to not let what he had overheard bother him. Who cares what his coworkers thought of him. It’s not like they have a big impact on his personal life anyway.

A small sound of disappointment came out as Jihoon couldn't deny the fact that everything he overheard did bother him. He didn't want it bother him, but it did.

 

He blinked away the wetness in his eyes as Seungcheol’s words replayed in his mind.