07. Missing Four

Misconduct Of Seventeen

‘I hear you guys are getting famous for having killed off four of your members.’

‘Ren, do you really have to yell that through the store?’ Joshua asked their neighbor.

Ren chuckled as he put in his usual order, ‘People keep coming up and asking us if we ever saw the bodies.’

Joshua shakes his head in disbelief, ‘This is all Soonyoung’s fault. I’m going to have to get Seungcheol to talk to him.’

‘Really though, what happened to Teeny? He was such a cute little thing,’ Ren asked.

A head pops from the back room, ‘Did someone mention Teeny? Oh, hey Ren. How are the others?’

Ren smile and waves at Soonyoung, ‘The others are fine, doing great as usual, loving all my fashion advices. I was just asking Joshua about Teeny.’

Soonyoung couldn't help himself, he walks over to stand by Joshua, waiting to hear what his coworker would say.

Joshua sighed as he tells Ren, ‘His owner found all the fliers we had put up and he came for him.’

A loud gasp escaped Soonyoung’s mouth, ‘Really Joshua, really? Did I not teach you anything these past few weeks? How could you tell the truth?’

‘And how long are you going to lie to our customers?’ Joshua said, turning to Soonyoung.

‘They love our tales, it’s one of the reasons why they come back all the time,’ Soonyoung exclaimed.

Ren nodded, ‘He’s right, Joshua. Like I mentioned earlier, everyone visits and leaves with the talk of the new story they have heard.’

‘See, even Ren gets it!’

 

Jihoon was busy wiping down a machine when Soonyoung showed up at the counter with his friend in tow.

‘Hey Soonyoung,’ Jihoon greeted his coworker, ‘What can I get for you and your friend?’

‘Jihoonie! You're working today! Meet my friend, Chanyeol. Really, we all should hang out. For some reason I think you guys would get along. Anyway...’

Soonyoung relays his order, giving some time to let Chanyeol order as well. Once Jihoon turns around Soonyoung goes back to talking to Chanyeol.

‘So,’ Soonyoung starts, ‘Did you want to hear the latest on the missing four?’

Chanyeol nods, ‘Of course.’

Soonyoung smirks and starts his story, ‘Well you see, they were actually robots. Placed here to make sure we were actually doing our jobs right. And the moment they weren't needed anymore they were taken away. Can you believe that, having robots watch over us cause these people were too lazy to do it themselves. It makes me disgusted.’

Ending his story, Soonyoung shakes his head in shame of what his managers have done.

‘Darn, that is cruel,’ Chanyeol said, agreeing to how gross it was how the managers were managing the place. ‘Do you want to hear about my missing three? Cause we used to have 12 people working the donut shop, but now it’s just us 9.”

Soonyoung narrowed his eyes and studied Chanyeol. Deciding it wouldn’t hurt to hear his story, Soonyoung nods his head. ‘Okay, let’s hear it.’

Sparkles appear in Chanyeol’s eyes as he starts, ‘Well you see, we all used to be one big happy family. But of course, nothing is ever all happy. Cause mom and dad had a fight, and brother and uncle clawed each other's hair out. It was a huge mess. I’m sure Sehun still cries at night because of it.’

Jeonghan, who was sitting at a table near them, lifts his head at the mention of Sehun. ‘Did you say Sehun? How is he?’

Chanyeol turns to Jeonghan and said, ‘Other than the crying, I’m pretty sure he is doing okay.’

Jeonghan nods while smiling and goes back to his coffee.

Jihoon could not believe what he had just heard. He really didn't want to turn around and face the two, but if he didn’t they wouldn't leave. After taking a deep breath Jihoon turns around with a smile on his face.

‘Your orders are all done,’ Jihoon said, placing two cups in front of them.

 

‘I’m starting to be worried about Soonyoung and his tales,’ Seungcheol confided in Joshua and Jeonghan, ‘Nana came in the other day, and usually we get along well, but for some reason it felt like she was ignoring me. She wanted to be helped by Jihoon rather than me.’

Jeonghan sighed and shook his head, ‘You haven’t heard his newest tale than?’

Seungcheol let out a whine, almost too scared to ask, ‘What did he say now?’

Joshua frowned, seeing how bothered his friend was, ‘Soonyoung has been telling people that you ate the missing four.’

‘He said what?’ Seungcheol exclaimed.

‘He accused you of cannibalism,’ Jeonghan said with pity.

Seungcheol couldn't believe what he was hearing. Letting out a scoff, he headed out to find the trouble maker.