05. Customers Are Always Right

Misconduct Of Seventeen

A young boy with curly blond hair walks up to the cafe counter, and Jihoon greets him with smile.

‘Welcome to Seventeen, what would you like today?’ Jihoon said, saying the memorized greeting.

The boy gave a heart fluttering smile and said, ‘I was wondering where the bathrooms are.’

‘Ahh,’ Jihoon said, trying to not scream out in fury, ‘The bathrooms are right over there.’

Jihoon gestures to the right. They both turn to see the huge sign with a arrow of where to find the bathrooms.

The boy turns to Jihoon and gives another one of his killer smiles, ‘Thanks.’

Jihoon returns the smile, ‘No problem.’

Once the curly hair makes the corner into the bathroom Jihoon couldn't help but mumble, ‘All the time. It’s like no one can read.’

 

A woman with long bouncy curls makes her way up to the bookstore counter. Yet it didn’t stop Wonwoo from looking away from his books. Only when their youngest, Chan, mentioned the customer to him did he look up.

‘Hello, welcome to Seventeen. What can I help you with?’ Wonwoo asked with the generalized greeting everyone had to know.

The woman smiled and dimples showed up on her cheeks, ‘I was wondering if you knew any good stories with dragons. I’ve read quite a few already, and was hoping for some new ones.’

‘You’ve come to the right person than,’ Chan said from the side of Wonwoo, ‘Wonwoo, here, knows a lot about every kind of book.’

‘That’s good to know,’ the woman said, dimples still stuck on her cheeks.

Wonwoo thought about it for a second and finally decided on a favorite, ‘Have you read The Hobbit from JRR Tolkien? It’s a pretty good story with mentions of dragons and other creatures.’

As Wonwoo spoke, the woman lost her dimples. She was left standing there with her long bouncy curls and a blinking blank face. For one long minute she was lost in thought. And in the next minute her set of simples came back and she clapped with excitement.

‘Ahh, I know what you’re talking about. The Hobbit, that one famous movie with short people and elves. I didn’t know they wrote a book about the movie. Is it as good as the movie?’

Wonwoo couldn’t move. He was sure he wasn’t breathing.

Chan looked from Wonwoo to the woman. His eyes widen at the woman’s words, knowing full well Wonwoo was not going to take this well at all. The young boy smiled at the woman, saying, ‘How about we go and take a look at the fantasy section. I’m sure we’ll find something there for you.’

The bouncy curls moved and the woman nodded, ‘That sounds good. Let’s go see what we can find.’

Even as Chan directed the woman over and was talking to her about the books they had found there, Wonwoo was still shell shocked.

Mingyu comes back from his break to find a blank blinking Wonwoo. He looks at his coworker and to the direction Wonwoo was staring at.

‘Do you like her?’ Mingyu asked.

Wonwoo’s inside shivered at the accusation, ‘She didn’t know The Hobbit was a book to movie adaption. She literally thought they wrote a book based on the movie.’

A shocked expression spread through Mingyu’s face. He couldn't believe Wonwoo had taken that so well.

‘Are you okay?’ Mingyu asked the still spaced out Wonwoo.

‘She literally thought it was a movie to book adaption,’ was all Wonwoo could say.

 

Seungcheol was manning the cafe counter when a new customer entered the store and walked up to him. The young man had fox like eyes, and he was looking at the whole store and at the menu.

‘Welcome to Seventeen, what would you like today?’ Seungcheol greeted the customer with a smile on his face.

‘Uh, yes,’ the fox eyes said, ‘I would like a blueberry muffin and an ice americano.’

Dread filled Seungcheol as he knew what was going to happen next. Still smiling, he tells the customer, ‘Sorry, we don’t have pastry here. I can still make you your ice americano.’

‘Are you sure about that?’ the customer asked, ‘Cause I really want a blueberry muffin. It’s the only reason why I even bothered coming in.’

Seungcheol held in a groan as he repeated himself, ‘So sorry sir, but we don’t make any pastry items here.’

‘But,’ fox eyes said, raising his voice, ‘the customer is always right, and when the customer wants a blueberry muffin, you get him one.’

Jeonghan overhears the raised voice and comes over to Seungcheol, ‘Is there an issue?’

Fox eyes smiles at Jeonghan and said, ‘Yes. I would like a blueberry muffin and this young man is depriving me of one.’

Jeonghan smiles and tells the customer, ‘I’m sorry sir. I’m sure my coworker has mentioned to you, we have no means of producing a blueberry muffin for you. If you would like a caffeinated drink or a non-caffeinated drink, we can help you with that.’

A huge sigh leaves the fox eyes as he rolls his eyes, ‘Your company will hear about this.’

Seungcheol bids the customer a good day as he leaves the store with nothing in hand.

Jeonghan shakes his head, ‘I cannot believe people nowadays. Does he expect us to go out and buy one for him just so he can buy it off of us?’

‘The nerve of people,’ Seungcheol agrees, ‘It’s as if he thought we didn’t know what we were selling.’


 

A/N:

Characters

Curly Blond Hair - Mark from NCT

Long Bouncy Curls - Sunny from SNSD

Fox Eyes - N from VIXX