13. Tales Of The Past

Misconduct Of Seventeen

‘I hear if you come here, you get to hear an amazing tale,’ Hwasa said, sipping her drink, looking over to Joshua.

Joshua raises his right eyebrow, studying the girl in front of him, trying to figure out if she was up for one of Soonyoung’s story. ‘Are you sure you want to hear it?’

‘Don't worry,’ Hwasa waved a finger in Joshua’s face, ‘You live long enough with the girls I do and you would be capable of hearing anything too.’

Nodding his head, Joshua decided to call for Soonyoung. Stepping back and opening up the back room door, Joshua yelled out, ‘There’s someone here for you Soonyoung. She's curious about your tales.’

Sounds of trays dropping and fast approaching footsteps could be heard making it’s way to him. And no sooner was there a smiling Soonyoung standing in front of Joshua. ‘Duty calls!’

The two boys goes to join Hwasa by the cafe counter. Hwasa nods in acknowledgement of Soonyoung. And Soonyoung gives her a playful salute, ‘You wanted a story?’

‘Let's see what you’ve got,’ Hwasa said, tilting her head.

‘Well, you see,’ Soonyoung started out, ‘When this place first started out, we had four other members, making us Seventeen. But then... A dragon came out of the oven and put a blaze to the closest four members, burning them to ashes right in front of everyone.’

Hwasa squinted in confusion, ‘Didn't the bakery just open up a few weeks ago? You guys have had only 13 members for the last year.’

Soonyoung’s eyes widen and blinked, ‘How do you know so much about us? Have you been spying on us?’

 

‘I hear you guys were looking for a tale from the famous Soonyoung,’ Soonyoung said as he invited himself into a seat next to and across from two boys.

The guy across from Soonyoung showed a gummy smile as he leaned over to whisper in a not so quiet voice, ‘Jinyoung, do you remember coming here for a story?’

Jinyoung shook his head at Sandeul and said, ‘We came here for coffee and a famous cookie. I don’t remember ordering a story to go with it.’

Soonyoung sighed, ‘Even if you didn’t order it, you’ll want to hear this.’

The two stared at him and finally agreed, ‘Okay, it won’t hurt to hear what you have to say.’

Getting the green light to go, Soonyoung smirked and leaned over to them, ‘Well, you see, Seventeen used to have seventeen members. But then one night, four members, yes the missing four, decided to stay late for a quick last drink. Nobody knows what exactly happened, yet I’m sure they had drank a mysterious potion. The next morning we found a new fish tank with four fishes swimming around. And the boys were never seen again. We came to one conclusion.’

Soonyoung stops to gesture to their new fish tank, ‘They’ve been like that ever since.’

Squinting at the fish tank, Sandeul says, ‘Those koi fishes are your missing four members?’

With a proud nod, Soonyoung said, ‘Yeah.’

 

‘You see, we shouldn’t really be talking about this,’ Soonyoung mentions to Aaron, ‘But we need to get the awareness of how serious this is out there to the world.’

Aaron had only came in to get his order of coffee for himself and the boys upstairs, he didn't realize he was going to be in store for a story as well. Nodding, he allowed Soonyoung to go on with his tale.

‘There was just no self confidence. Joshua is still taking it really bad. He mumbles to himself every now and then about if only he had talked more to this member. Because, you see, he was already depressed and no one was sure of how to help. We were worried, but this member was also really independent and wanted space. When the incident was reported on the tv new report we shut down the whole store for him.’

With a pained expression over his face, Aaron asked, ‘Is this why Joshua is trying so hard to befriend Jihoon?’

Soonyoung was busy wiping away his dry cheeks when he realized what Aaron meant, ‘Jihoon isn't depressed. He is actually a really nice guy, even though he seems cold, he cares about everyone here.’

His brain was winding as the possibilities ran away in his mind, ‘You don’t think, you don’t think it’s possible that our Jihoon is depressed, do you?’

‘I really don't know him that well...’

Soonyoung couldn't wait for Aaron to finish his sentence. He had already stood up to go and find the pink haired boy. Already, Soonyoung was determined to make sure Jihoon was as happy as possible. He was going to be Jihoon’s best friend, more better friends than Jihoon was with Jun.