04. Bookworm

Misconduct Of Seventeen

‘Hey, Wonwoo,’ Mingyu said, standing in front of cashier counter, ‘What are you reading?’

Without looking up, Wonwoo lifted the book to show off the title, yet to also cover his face.

‘Me Before You,’ Mingyu read off the title, ‘Ooo, interesting. Is it any good?’

‘Yup,’ Wonwoo replied, not looking away from where he was.

‘Cool,’ Mingyu said, ‘I’ll leave you alone to read. Have fun.’

‘Mmmh hhmmm,’ Wonwoo mumbled, glad to get rid of the distraction.

 

It was Jun’s break time, and it made him so happy. Running to the break room he found Wonwoo reading. And seeing Wonwoo Jun became even more happier. He loved his coworkers and being around them made him giddy.

‘Hey Wonwoo!’ Jun said loudly.

‘Hey,’ Wonwoo replied, not tearing his gaze away from his book.

Jun didn’t mind the one word response. With a smile on his face he walked over to Wonwoo and gave him a back hug. ‘Is the book that good?’

Wonwoo sighed but didn’t respond. He was hoping the lack of words would push Jun away.

But it didn’t.

Jun started waving his hands in front of Wonwoo’s face, trying to distract his reading. ‘Wooo oooo aahhh, can you still read if I do this?’

Closing his eyes, Wonwoo tried his best to keep in his anger.

Seeing that he had gotten no response, Jun decided to put his face right in front of Wonwoo, making the book disappear from the readers sight.

‘Boo,’ Jun said, chuckling, ‘Hi, Wonwoo.’

Wonwoo couldn't take it anymore. Glaring at the smiling boy, he said, ‘Leave now, Jun, or you’re going to be the fifth missing member.’

 

Wonwoo was sitting at a table, enjoying his coffee, alone in thought. For once it was actually quiet, he was tempted to go and grab a book to make the moment even better.

That was before he saw the door open up and a Soonyoung walked in.

Soonyoung looked around, surveying the area. When his eyes landed on Wonwoo his face lit up in a bright smile making his eyes almost disappear.

‘Wonwoo!’ Soonyoung said, skipping over to his coworker.

With a polite smile on, Wonwoo greeted Soonyoung, ‘Hey, are you in for a cup of coffee?’

Without waiting for an invite, Soonyoung plopped himself across from Wonwoo. ‘Yeah. I needed a break from all my homework. People were not lying when they said college was hard. I’m literally dying from the pile of stuff I have to do just for three classes. I needed the caffeine to help me keep going. Oh, hey, you’re not reading a book today. Did you finish your last one? What are you planning on reading next?’

Wonwoo wondered if Soonyoung really needed coffee or if he just really didn’t want to do his homework.

 

Wonwoo was on break, and as usual he was reading. He really hoped if anyone walked in they would just leave him alone. The book was getting interesting and he didn't want to be bothered.

He heard the break room door open, but didn’t pay it any attention. Wonwoo didn't have the time to care who was coming in.

The chair across from him skidded out and someone sat down in front of him. Letting out a inner sigh, Wonwoo wondered how long it was till that someone was going to talk and bother him.

Deciding to take a small glance Wonwoo let his eyes go above his book. Across from him sat Jihoon with his own book. Jihoon was also quietly reading.

Wonwoo couldn't help but smile and go back to his own book.

 

A/N: Why do people keep bothering me when I have a book open. I read so that I don’t get bothered...