Fervor of Battle: Part 2

Run With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon hearing the start signal, Chaeyoung immediately sprung into overdrive. It was time for the training to pay off. She proprelled herself from her excellent starting position, giving her the lead. In terms of raw speed, Chaeyoung was the best in the club. She managed to prove her worth by maintaining a decent lead in front of Jennie.

Jennie wasn't slow but just couldn't catch up to Chaeyoung's small figure and fast legs. This was the first time Jennie felt inferior to somone smaller than her. In her mind, she understood what Nayeon unnie meant by her words before the competiton. As Chaeyoung's figure slowly diminished from her sight, she was perspiring and exhausted to catch up to her. Meanwhile, the smol maknae didn't break out a single sweat and was just enjoying the wind and the thrill of the competition. It felt great to let out the stress while running. Her face had a grin while running which made the crowd wild while they were spectating.

The club members spectating were on the edge of their seats, they too, could felt the excitement and the adrenaline pumping through them while they saw their precious maknae running. Dahyun, upon seeing Chaeyoung's terrific performance, her heart relaxed. She was probably nervous for Chaeyoung's debut. Mina and Sana's mouths were open agape while the other unnies kept cheering on for their smol bean.

The first runner's route were always a running path with little obstacles. From Chaeyoung's point of view, the road was a straight path. She could tell the sound of Jennie's footsteps were slowly non-audible as she increased her lead on the straight path. She was getting close to Jeongyeon soon, and all she needed was to pass the fence that was infront of her. She coolly vaulted across the wall without any effort, while her hair sway across the wind. It was just like normal training in the underground facility, she pulled it off without fail.

While she vaulting over the fence, the camera closed up on her, earning lots of "Woahh" and "Oooh" from the crowd, which made her blushed abit because she was embarrassed as she heard the crowd's cheer.

Behind the wall stationed the second runners, Jeongyeon and Rose. Chaeyoung upon arriving, slapped her unnie's palms to signal the start of her run. Meanwhile, Rose was standing there nervously, waiting for Jennie's appearance. 

"Unnie, maintain the lead, okay?" Chaeyoung yelled to her and gave a slight push to boost her.

 

Jeongyeon, upon hearing her cute maknae cheering for her, immediately ran without any hesitation. She needed to maintain the precious lead that Chaeyoung had given to the team. Chaeyoung's effort, club's disbandment, the friends that she made. It was her motivation. She couldn't disappoint anyone, not now. She thought as she climbed over a 1.5m thick wall.

Obstacles after obstacles came and Jeongyeon cleared it without any efforts. She's been training for this day. She parkour over two the different leveled grounds and landed on her feet perfectly which earned her praises and cheers from the crowd. Nayeon, however was just staring at the screen quietly without saying any word. She was deep into Jeongyeon's charms which Jihyo looked at her and chuckled silently.

But one thing, clearing obstacles required lots of strength and Jeongyeon could felt the brunt of the battle now. Especially when Rose was catching up to her, she could feel the non-existent stress kicking in. Rose too, even though she was behind, she managed to clear the obstacles smoothly and was now in sight of of her competitor. Jeongyeon noticed the figure behind and gritted her teeth, using the last of her stamina to maintain the lead.

She could see Momo waving to her in the distance, which Jeongyeon thought was cute and spurted her last ounce of strength in her legs to reach Momo. Momo still felt nervous, but when she saw the current lead, she felt a bit better than she could do her best. As soon as their two palms met, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter