Closer

Run With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Need help?" The door slided open to reveal the chairperson standing behind Momo.

"Jihyo..." Momo gave a weak smile on her face.

She didn't really know what to do at that point of time, she was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Lots of different thoughts crossed her mind but every solution she had was ended up affecting either parties, there was no compromising. She was lost.

"What do I do now, Jihyo-ah.." Momo's voice sounded weak and trembled.

"Come, let's talk upstairs." Jihyo patted Momo's shoulders.

She then gestured to the other members to follow her upstairs to which the members nodded and treaded carefully when they walked past the crying Mina. Everyone except the maknaes were puzzled but ended up going with the flow without say anything. Sure, they were curious, but it wasn't their position to ask about them about their personal matter. Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Dahyun just followed Jihyo carefully.

"Oh yeah, bring Mina along too. Careful okay?" Jihyo said without turning back.

Momo chuckled to herself as she found the way Jihyo handled the whole situation was so cool. Only someone like Jihyo was capable of this feat. She found herself admiring Jihyo's back before breaking off her trance to help Mina up.

"Mina, can you stand up?" She said softly while her head lovingly.

She nodded while wiping her tears away. Her hair was covering her face.

"Here." Momo extended her hand to Mina to which she accept shyly.

She looked at Mina. Momo felt terrible when she saw Mina's eyes were all red and swollen, traces of tear marks were still on her face, her light make-up was smudge abit and her hair was messy. She knows that all these happened because of her own selfish feelings and desires.

She knows that Mina doesn't deserve this type of treament and was forced to tag along with her own selfish whims. Mina deserves much better. This is why Momo didn't want to return Mina's feelings. She feared that she wasn't good enough for her. Her heart was so pure and Momo couldn't bear to break her cute hoobae's heart. She didn't want to blame the whole situation at Mina just because Mina loved her.

Deep down, she knew that real bad person was herself.

Momo gave a sigh and then chuckled.

"Unnie....?" Mina heard her sigh.

"Hmm? It's nothing." She reassured Mina.

Momo then combed Mina's hair lightly and tucked in her loose strands of hair to make her more presentable to which Mina responded by blushing and covering her face.

"There...all better now." Momo said and smiled because of the former's reaction.

"Let's go up." She intertwined her fingers with Mina's and led her up to the clubroom.

...

...

...

[Clubroom]

They arrived back at the clubroom shortly.

"Dahyun-ah, could you take the maknaes out for training?" Jihyo instructed.

"Ne unnie." She simply smiled and replied.

Dahyun understood Jihyo's intentions. She knew that Jihyo wanted her to fill Chaeyoung and Tzuyu in what was going on. In the midst of everything, she still managed to think of the new members.

As expected, leader-nim.

"Let's go for some training~~" Dahyun dragged the pair of small and tall duo.

...

 

 

[Jihyo, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo and Mina side (Clubroom)]

"So what now?" Nayeon asked insensitively.

"Unnie! Keep quiet! Can't you sense the atmosphere?" Jeongyeon pulled her close and whispered into her ear.

Jeongyeon looked at the others and smiled awkwardly.

"Arrasseo, arraseo. Mian." She replied softly.

Normally she would have gotten angry if it was someone else who dared to pull her like how Jeongyeon did. But the way Jeongyeon pulled her closer to which she could feel Jeongyeon's breath while whispering into her ears sent chills down her spine. Jeongyeon always took her by surprise. She could felt her cheeks heating up and blushed red.

Lucky for her, Jeongyeon was too focused on the current situation because her bestfriend was involved and she was partly at fault too, leaving only Nayeon to be embarrassed by herself. Jeongyeon eventually loosen her grip on Nayeon.

"Mianhae unnie. Right now we have something more important to talk about." Jeongyeon said and smiled to which Nayeon responded in understanding (and red cheeks).

...

"Er-hem. So, I have a proposal for you Mina." Jihyo spoke first.

"Continue." Mina replied.

"Your point that because the club has enough members, Momo could go back to the Dance club, am I right to say that?" Jihyo asked.

Mina nodded in acknowledgment.

"So if I were to say. If I could prove to you that Momo's a valuable member of the Track and Field Club (F&W Club) and we need her, would you let her stay?" Jihyo continued.

"Only if she proves herself. But how are you gonna prove it to me? From what I know, Momo unnie is only a so-so runner. From my perspective, it's best for her to be in the Dance Club." Mina said and crossed her arms.

"Ehhhh...Minari how could you say that..." Momo said and pouted.

"What if we manage to win this year's "Free & Wild"? Would you still consider it?" Jihyo tried to convince Mina.

"Okay. But ONLY if you win this year's F&W. But I hardl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter