Dahyun's Backstory

Run With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaeyoung-ah! Let's take a break." Dahyun yelled across the track.

The small little cub gradually decreased her speed before coming to a complete halt. Dahyun's eagle eyes followed the visible perspiration travelled down from her face to , then trickling down to her soaked white-tee. The older girl could feel a hard lump in as she swallowed her saliva hard. Chaeyoung's yellow sports bra was clearly visible from her drenched t-shirt. Her broad shoulders only made it worse. She couldn't take away her eyes from the y sight.

Dahyun noticed that the white t-shirt (or the yellow sports bra) was gradually getting bigger and bigger., but couldn't make out anything of it as she continued to gawked at figure coming nearer and nearer.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Chaeyoung tapped her shoulder which Dahyun jumped from the sudden contact.

Dahyun shifted her attention to Chaeyoung's face which was frowning which had "worried" all plastered over her face. Luckily for the older girl, Chaeyoung didn't catch her unnie checking her out. Her face flushed red as she realised her how embarrassing would it have been if Chaeyoung caught her staring.

"Do you feel unwell or something?" She placed her back of the palm on Dahyun's forehead.

"No, no it's nothing! Here!" Dahyun tossed her a towel and a bottle of Pocari Sweat.

She then turned around and put her hands together. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was still puzzled about the way Dahyun acted.

The Lord must be testing me.

...

"Dahyun unnie." The younger girl wanted to get Dahyun's attention.

"Hmm?" Dahyun's eyes were affixed on her laptop, trying her very best to stop her eyes from occasionally going towards Chaeyoung's direction.

The two girls sat down on the grass patch during Chaeyoung's small break. Both seemingly enjoying the cool breeze that occasionally blew into their faces, enjoying each other's company without any exchange of words, before Chaeyoung decided to break the silence. Who knows what was running through her mind?

"What happens if the Track and Field Club actually disbanded?" She asked as she looked up to the sky.

Dahyun's eyes widened as the question was out of the blue. She placed the laptop aside, as she looked at the younger girl.

"Why do you ask?" Dahyun replied.

“Was wondering what if me and Tzuyu didn’t join the club? How would it have been now? Just a random thought I've been harbouring.” Her eyes trailed along the moving clouds.

“What are you saying, the club would no longer be around if it weren’t for you girls. Trust me, everyone can’t express how grateful for you two talented cubs.” Dahyun ruffled Chaeyoung’s hair.

“Especially for me, I can’t express my gratitude enough…” Dahyun muttered and looked at her legs.

“For someone whose legs can’t work like they used to, I could only stand at the side and watch Jihyo unnie and the other unnies work so hard to barter for time, trying their best to improve every day. Being the maknae back then means I must work the hardest, but I couldn’t. Every day, my heart felt heavier and heavier-” Dahyun was engrossed in her speech.

“If not only for that darn accident… I’ll be… I’ll be… … mian, I got a little carried away there.” She realised that Chaeyoung been beside the whole time, listening.

“No no. Continue. I want to hear more. I want to know more about you unnie.” Chaeyoung turned around to face her, resulting in eye-to-eye contact.

In Dahyun’s point of view, it almost seemed like Chaeyoung’s eyes were sparkling. It convinced her that the younger girl genuinely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter