Sudden Lightning

Run With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We need to do something about this!" Jihyo yelled and slammed the table angrily.

"At this rate, the Track and Field team is going to be disbanded and you guys wouldn't want that to happen, right?" She said.

The situation was looking pretty grim. Nayeon, Jungyeon, Momo and Dahyun kept silent.

The Track and Field team of JYP School is on the brink of closing down. Jihyo couldn't help but felt frustrated because no one was saying anything about the grave matter. 

She realised that getting angry wouldn't help and would made matter worse. She calmed herself down and sat down.

"Does anyone has any ideas?" She asked.

...

"Maybe trying out the new batch of freshman?" Jungyeon suggested hesitantly.

"That doesn't sound too bad." Nayeon added.

"Sounds good, unnie." Dahyun said cheerfully, lighting up at the idea that Jungyeon gave.

She gave a thumbs-up gesture to Jungyeon in which she responded with a smug on her face.

Momo too, agreed with them by nodding her head furiously while snacking on some crackers.

"The ideal plan is to find some crazy talented freshmen that are able to meet up with our expectations. Worse come to worst, we just have to find decent runners that are able to sustain the club. Obviously, we would want the best if we want to have a shot at winning the Interschool Competition." Jihyo said.

"The batch of students are coming the day before tomorrow right?" Dahyun asked.

"Yeah, we need to prepare for it." Jihyo replied.

She seemed to like the idea too because anyone could see that a smile was slowly appearing on her face.

"Jihyo-ah, you don't have to be so stressed out, we just have to do well on that day~" Nayeon assured Jihyo.

"Arrasseo unnie." she replied and smiled brighter.

"We just have to hope that we won't get people that comes to our club just to be close with their sunbae and can't run in actuality." She said and looked toward Jungyeon, rolling her eyes at her.

It was true. There were many people that wanted to join the Track and Field club because of Jungyeon. Her cool, chic personality and appearance attracted many girls and boys. She's quite popular among the students in the school. Hence, attracted many "fake" people that claimed they wanted to join because of her.

Nayeon, particularly, didn't like how people wanted to join because of Jungyeon because they didn't take the Track and Field club seriously. Or is it that she dislike how people were so into Jungyeon? Was it because of jealousy? Who knows?

Jungyeon saw what she did and just ignored her.

Every club has the chance the publicise their own clubs during the freshman orientation which was the Track and Field club chance to attract better students. The freshman orientation was their last chance. It was all or nothing. Everyone knew how important it was.

"We can host the trial at the stadium. Just set a booth beside it. Jungyeon and errr...Momo, could y'all help with to bring people in? Nayeon unnie and Dubu can help out with the setting up of booth and the refreshments?" Jihyo delegated the task confidently.

Being the chairperson means she had heavy responsibility over the club and she does a good job when she was elected to be the chairperson. She is a person that always rises up to the ocassion when needed.

"Roger!" They yelled synchronously.

"Alright! Chop chop let's get to work!" Jihyo ordered.

They all stood up and went to prepare the stuff for the day. They knew how important that day was.

...

...

[Day of Freshman Orientation, Campus]

[Jeongyeon and Momo side]

"Jeong, are you sure people would come if we publicise like this?" Momo asked timidly.

"Don't worry, Momoring, you're more popular than you think~" Jeongyeon teased.

Momo was quite popular in school too. Her immense talent in dancing left people mouth agape and shocked after she was done performing. The way her body moved to the beat and how she performed each move with such power and grace impressed people who watched her. Even though she was in the Track and Field Club, she was also a member of the Dance Club. Due to insufficient people for competition, Jeongyeon had to plead with Momo to join in as a temporary member.

Momo was asking the obvious. Two of the most popular girls in school, publicising, would definitely attract many new freshman due to their beauty. I mean, who wouldn't be attracted to them?

Jeongyeon patted Momo's head and returned to give out the pamplets.

"Be sure to come and try out at the Track and Field Club~" Jeongyeon said and passed two pieces of pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter