First Encounter

Fated Encounter

"Eomma, I'm home!" I shout as I entered our house. No response. Hmm, maybe she's out looking for a job. My mom was a housewife. My dad was the only one working for us but now that he left, things might get harder for us. 

I went straight to my room and slammed myself to the bed. I was thinking of the auditions and most especially about my dad. I still can't believe that dad will do that to us. Abandoning us, leaving us with a huge debt and giving our house as collateral. It was so not him but maybe I didn't even know what dad really is. He spent most of his time outside home because of work, or so we thought. 

I don't know if this happened because I was fated to meet Mr. Lee or it was just a mere coincedence. This was naive of me but I highly believe about fates and destiny and stuffs like that. I'm just amused how things are happening around whether it's good or bad.

Thinking about so many things drove me to sleep without me noticing. I woke up knowing that the sun has already set and dinner was being prepared. 

"Eomma, when did you came? Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked her as I helped with the food. She just shrugged her shoulders. She looks stressed. I better do the dishes later so she can rest up early. 

We ate at silence and it was kinda new to me. Mosly, mom will ask how was my day and what happened. She seems awfully quiet to day. She must've been so tired. 

"Eomma, gwaenchanayo?" I asked her. She nods her head as an answer. I wasn't convinced but I should just leave it alone and let her rest. 

"By the way, how was your audition? Did you make it to the next round?" she asked. 

"It was fine. I think I did well. They'll let me know the results by tomorrow or the following day perhaps." I can't tell her that I slightly failed the auditions because I was so nervous. She may forced me to quit! I don't want that. She finally agreed, at least. I don't want to ruin this chance. 

"That's good to hear. Ah, Mi Rae-ya, can't you take advance classes for you to graduate early?" eh? Why suddenly?

"I think so. I'll ask on Monday. But, why do you suddenly ask, Eomma?" 

"Nothing. I was just curious. If your school allows, can you take advance classes?" 

"E-eh? Wouldn't that conflict to my training if I become an idol?" Why does she suddenly wants me to take advance classes? It's not like I'll quit school if I started training. Besides, the deal was I need still need to attend school whenever I'm free.

"W-we shouldn't have our hopes up just because you're scouted. We're still not sure about your future in being idol. Besides, if you did debuted, will you even be popular?" I was silenced by her question. My mom has a point but it saddens me that she doesn't believe that I have it in me. Well, she was against this in the first place. 

We finished our food and went to rest. I was bothered by so many things but I'm still thankful and happy. This is a once in a lifetime chance. I don't want to waste this. 

-------

A month has passed and I was really accepted in the auditions. I'll be starting my training tomorrow. I placed fifth in the overall auditions. It looks like the entertainment was planning to debut as with 12 members. That's a lot of members but with Super Junior around, I don't think we're that many anymore. ㅋㅋㅋ

 I'm packing my things now because we need to live in the trainees' dorm. I am a little worried because mom will have to live alone for a while. 

"Call or write to me on how are you doing on the dorm, okay? And when you're allowed, go home sometimes. It's so quiet here with me alone." mom said as she help me packing my things

"Don't worry, Eomma. I'll do that and besides, Oppa is coming home soon from the military." I assured her. My Oppa will be dismissed at the end of the month which is two weeks from now.

"By the way, do you want to bring some kimchi with you? Share it with your co-trainees." I just smiled and nod at her. 

Hmm, what else should I bring? Maybe some merchandise to help me motivate. I can't possibly bring posters. I'll be sharing a room with someone. She might hate it so I'll just bring postcards with me. I should never forget my mp3 and headphones. This is the most next necessity after my idols. ㅋㅋㅋ

-------

I'm in front of the dorm and time to slap myself to reality that this is it! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! I never imagined myself to be doing this ever in my life but here it is in front of me! 

I stepped my feet towards the building and started entering. Our room is on the 12th floor. I hope my roommate is a co-fangirl! 

My heart is beating so fastly as I approached the 12th floor. This is so nerve wrecking. A whole new world indeed. As I stepped out of the elevator, I began searching for my room number. I found it after a couple of walk. With one lunggage and a backpack, maybe I'm brought too much things? 

I opened the door and saw my roommate. She was already fixing her things. 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Kim Mi Rae-imnida." I greeted her. She stood up and greeted me back. She said that her name is Kim Tae Yang. 

"Jinjjayo? Isn't Tae Yang for a boy like Tae Yang from BigBang?" I told her

"Yes. I was always asked about that. My mom told me that they were expecting a boy so my dad already had a name and refused to change it just because I was a girl." wow!

 "That's kinda sad." I told her. 

"Oh, it was nothing. I was loved by my parents wholeheartedly whatever my gender is." she said with a smile. I can feel that she was really treasured by her parents. 

"By the way, we have the same surname! That's amazing. Well, it's not that Kim is an unusual surname but you know, us being roommates, co-trainees , and we'll be on the same group." she said

"I know! I was surprised as well." I said, "It's like fate brought us together!" we said in unison. We stared each other for a while and started laughing! 

"We are soooo gonna be sisters!" she said. I'm so happy that it turned out this way. I thought my roommate is gonna be a badass or y type of girl but she wasn't. She's really cool and easy to talk to! I started unpacking my things, as well.

"Hey, do you mind if I hang around some posters? You know, for inspiration and motivation except for my family?" she asked. Oh my goblin! Don't tell me she's a fangirl as well? Omo omo omo~!!!

"Sure, sure! I don't mind." I was watching her as she unfolds her posters. It made my eyes widen! 

"BigBang, EXO, VIXX, BAP and BTS!!!" I said in excitement. This is soooo unexpected. I didn't really expect this! 

"You stan them as well?" she said in surprise

"YES! I can't believe we're so match! I brought along postcards because I thought my roommate might be bothered by the posters but you owe some as well!" We are so going to fangirl all the time. I just can feel it! 

"I was thinking the same thing! I wasn't really sure if I should hang this or not but you said you don't mind and now we're totally fangirling!" she said. We are laughing so hard because of the circumstances we are in. 

"So, who's your ultimate group and bias?" I asked her. Well, this is gonna be hard.

"BAP, Yongguk! How about you?" she said in a second. Wow! Just wow! How can she do that? Hahaha

"I can't really say. I'm torn between Namjoon and Xiumin." Seriously! I became a fan of EXO earlier than BTS but I can't really pick between the two!

"Okay, them aside, who's your bet? I know your head is running with so many struggles because of my question." she said in a matter of fact. Hahaha I just can't really pick between EXO and BTS.

"CNBlue, Minhyuk!" I said.

"Wow! That's fast and you stan CNBlue as well. I didn't bring their poster because I was thinking that I already brought too much but with you, I think this is just a small number!" she said and we started laughing again.

For the next few hours, we focus on fixing our things with a little fangirling on the side. We took a rest after. We both have single bed each. The room was not that big but not too small. Just right for the two of us. We also have like a mini kitchen and bathroom. 

"Have you heard about the general assembly ?" she aske

"Not yet. This is my first time hearing about that. What's with the assembly?" 

"I don't know as well. Let's go together. It's 5 in the afternoon later on the entertainment." 

"Fine with me. By the way, do you want kimchi? My mom packed me some." I said as I start to look for the kimchi at my backpack

"Sure! I love kimchi! I have ramyeon here as well! Let's eat then take a rest then let's head to the entertainment." she said.

"Sounds a plan to me." I said as we started eating.

-------

We are now both on the entertainment. I saw familiar faces from the audition. Mr. Lee showed up but there are only 11 of us here. Who's the other one, I wonder? 

"Good evening, ladies. I'm so glad to see you all here. I would like to congratulate all of you who passed the auditions." and we started clapping, "I called you here because as you may notice, there's only 11 of you here. One of your supposed to be co-trainee quitted due to personal matters. Also, for the new trainees, we are not allowing you to go home for 5 months. Why, you asked, because you'll be debuting within 5 months. We need you to train as hard as you can." there are different reactions in the crowd but mostly is shocked. 

Me and Tae Yang was shocked as well. How can we do that? We didn't have personal trainings before. How can we debut in just five months? 

"I know that this is a heavy burden for you all but don't worry. Your songs and choreography are all prepared. You, girls, are all left, needed." even so, this is not right and a little unfair to the sunbaenim trainees that's been training longer than us. "Your sunbaenim trainees already accepted this and they are willing to help you to improve. I know you will be shocked that's why I invited some people to help you with your training." 

One by one, idols stepped up in the stage! Omoooo~ Don't tell me--?

"They will be your coaches together with the professional seonsaengnims." HOLY GOBLIN!! 

"Mi Rae-ssi, tell me I'm dreaming!" Tae Yang said as she shake me

"I want to tell that to myself as well!" I said as we continue to stare at the people in front

"I want to fangirl so badly!" we said in unison. We looked at each other and laughed which cause a little attention to the people around us. 

"I'm not dreaming, am I? That's really Hyoyeon, CL, Taeyeon, IU, and Minzy, right?" she said, still not believing

"Yeah. I hope we're not really dreaming. Don't you think we're sharing the same dream?" I said with a little laughter. It will be so awesome if that's the case!

"JINJJA DAEBAK!" we silently shout. We really are sisters. Hahaha

After a couple more speeches, we were released. Our training will start tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be excited or nervous! Our own idols will teach us! It's so like a miracle! 

As we walk in hallway preparing to go home, we're still talking about what happened at the assembly. 

"By the way, did you know that they're going to debut a boy group as well? But I think it's going to be a year later after us." Tae Yang said.

"Wait, I need to go to the bathroom." I said as I excused myself.Thanked goodness we haven't left the building yet.

"I'll wait you here outside."

"Don't you have a thing to do or retouch?" I asked her

"Nahh, I'm good. I'll just wait here." she asked. I nod as an answer and went to the comfort room.

After doing my thing, I hurriedly went back that made an accident. I just bumped into someone! Not just someone ordinary but someone like an idol!

"Xiumin Oppa...." I unconciously said

-------

[A/N] I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING LOLS I'm not sure if idols are really allowed to teach other ent trainees but I have a feeling that it wasn't allowed so yeah. Everything is just my imagination!! By the way, I'm not describing Mi Rae nor Tae Yang because I want you to imagine what will they look like. With the other characters as well, if I'll add more that is isn't an idol. So yeah~ I hope you're reading thing note because this is kinda important lols sml