Fight

Fated Encounter

Today is finally the day we can go home! I'm so happyyyy! I missed eomma so much! 

"Yah! Before we separate ways, let me do this to you." Tae Yang said and flicked my forehead. 

"Aww! What was that for?" I asked her

"Yah! You tend to forget easily, you know? That's for yesterday! We're humiliated in front of BTS-sunbaenims because of your clumsiness!" she said angrily. Well, not really. I'm already used to her sharp tongue and I'm actually relieved that she's so honest with her feelings.

"It was an accident! I didn't mean to bump Namjoon-sunbaenim. I thought that he'll forget about it." I pouted

"Aigoo! You put that aegyo face again. By the way, don't forget to say sorry to our unnies. You put them on a pinch yesterday." Tae Yang is younger than me but she's more mature. I'm envious of her.

"You should be! And please, fix tha hobby of yours." she said. It's not that I don't want to quit speaking my thoughts. I just can't. It's hard. >3<

"Aigoo! You're ordering me too much. I'm your unnie!" I told her

"You just said yourself that I'm younger but more mature than you so basically, I act like an unnie more than you." and she stuck her tongue out. 

"I'm gonna miss youuuuu~!" I said and hugged her tight. She complained though. Haha

-------

I am now standing in front of our house. I can see many changes around. I need to talk to Oppa and Eomma so we could catch up soon. I didn't tell them that I'm coming home, though. I hope they're at home.

"Eomma! Oppa! I'm home!" I announced entering the house. It's late in the afternoon when I arrived. 

Eh? No one is answering back. They're not home? Where could they be? I left my things on my room and looked around for my mom and brother. 

"Ramyeon House? That's new in the neighborhood." I read as I saw a new establishment across the street. Ramyeon, huh. Let's try that. Good thing I haven't eaten yet. I expected Eomma at home since it's weekend but she's not there. I want to eat foods that was cooked by her. Maybe I can taste it for dinner later. 

I went to the said restaurant and to in my surprised, I found my mom and brother working there.

"Eomma! Oppa!" I called them because they didn't seem to notice me. There's so many customers they are attending to.

"Oh? Mi Rae-yah! You're home? Have you eaten yet?" Eomma asked while serving the customers. I was confused on what's happening that my mouth is wide open until Oppa saw me.

"Yah! Close your mouth. Let's talk later. Have you eaten yet?" Oppa said. He left the kitchen for a while to come to me. 

"Not yet." I answered 

"Eat first, then help with the restaurant. We'll talk later at home." He said. I followed him to the kitchen so I can eat in private. 

"Is this ours?" I asked while eating. Oppa is cutting the ingredients

"I told you we'll talk later." He said and ruffled my hair

"Yah!" I slapped his hands. Aish! It's so hard to syle my hair.

"Aigoo! You're a trainee now that you're acting that way, huh! Are you popular already?" he said teasingly

"Shut up, Oppa. If you don't want to tell me, I'll ask Eomma myself." 

"Yah, yah! Don't bother Eomma! She's working. I told you, we'll talk later. Until now, you're still hard headed." he complained

"I'm not hard-headed! You're the one who's hard-headed. You won't tell me things eventhough you're just cutting ingredients." Oppa's gonna say something but Eomma appeared and interrupted us

"Yah! The two of you, stop bickering and start working. Min Jun, more orders are coming. Mi Rae, help your brother cooking or help me serving the customers." she ordered us. I glared at Oppa and found that he's glaring back. We stare at each other for a long time until mom smack the both of us

"I told you to start working! Aigoo. I'll old faster because of the two of you. You're both so hard-headed." as soon as Eomma left the kitchen, the both of us laughed. We suddenly stopped becuase it wasn't planned that we'll be  laughing together. We ignored each other after and did what Eomma ordered us to do.

The business is so busy that I didn't even noticed that it's already night. 7:30pm, huh. 

"After this, take a break first. Our next customers will come at 1 in the morning." Eomma said and went outside to tend the last few customers. I was left at the kitchen, again, with Oppa. 

"Eh? 1 in the morning? What are they, vampires?" I joked

"Ehh, you don't know who they are that's why you're saying that but when you see them, I bet you'll faint." Oppa said and smiled mischievously. What's the meaning of that smile? Hmmm. 

"Who are they?" I went and asked Eomma. I also helped her cleaning the remaining tables. 

"I don't know. Why?" she said in a serious manner

"Oppa said that I'll faint when I see them." 

"Maybe your Oppa is just kidding." She said. Ater we finished cleaning outside, we went inside the kitchen to eat dinner.

"Waaah! Eomma!! I missed your food!" I said excitedly

"Guerae! Eat plenty, okay?" Eomma said as she placed many foods into the table

"By the way, why didn't you even tell us that you're going home?" Oppa said

"It was all of a sudden. It was announced yesterday afer we finished our rounds in greeting the sunbaenims." 

"So, how was your trainee life?" Eomma asked as we start eating

"It was so good but tiring. I'm also happy because I'm friends with all my other co-trainees. Remember the things I told you in my letters? We're even closer now that it's the final line up." Our phones are confiscated but we can write letters to our family. So I have been sending them letters the past months that I'm not home. 

"How about your studies? Are you doing well?" she added.

"Yes. I'm actually catching up lessons this past few days. But Eomma, I might hiatus school for a while after we debut. We are going to promote our album. My schedule is gonna be a bit busy." I said. I saw her eyes squint. That's a sign that she's mad bu I'm still hoping that she won't get mad. 

"Mi Rae-yah, you promised to study while doing that idol stuff. That's what you said." She said firmly. She put her chopsticks down, and so do I.

"I know but I can't focus on both things at the same time. Besides, I'm doing well this past few months. If my school allows it, I want to skip school for a while. I'll just get notes and take special exams." I reasoned out. I can feel the tension rising. 

"Mi Rae--" Oppa is holding me already. Saying back down but I won't.

"Eomma, this is my dream! It's happening already! I don't want to waste this chance just because you want me to finish my studies! Besides, I know that I can do that later. I just need 6 months to a year hiatus then I'll come back at school. It's not important to finish early, right? I just need to finish my studies and get a diploma. It doesn't matter when I'll---" 

I looked at Eomma with a shocked expression. She just slapped me. For the first time in my life, she slapped me.

"Eomma!" Oppa assisted her. She's shaking. I don't know if it's because of shock or anger. 

"You! You're an ungrateful brat! I'm contacting that entertainment! I'm telling them that you'll be quitting!" she said. 

"You can't do that to me Eomma!"

"Yes, I can! I'm your mother!"

"Eomma! Mi Rae-yah! Stop it." Oppa is already standing so he can stop the both of us. 

"Why do you want me to finish my studies?! What if I succeded in becoming an idol?! I don't need that stupid diploma anymore!" 

"Mi Rae-yah!" First, Eomma slapped me. Now, Oppa raised his voice. What's happening? 

I left the restaurant and ran. I heard faint calls of my name from Oppa but I didn't turn my head back. Why can't she understand that this is my dream? What is so wrong in becoming an idol? I just want to pursue my dreams. It's not that I don't want to study but I really want to become an idol. What's so wrong with that?