The Rainbow Tote Bag

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun roamed on the streets aimlessly, she was unfocused. Moon Byulyi’s actions just now made her felt at loss. They're both not at the state of closeness where she has any reasons to invite Yongsun to join her dinner with her friends, unless she was just trying to make Yongsun feel better because of Yonghye? To prevent her from bringing up a lawsuit towards her company, so that their company’s image wouldn’t be affected? Seems like this possibility is higher. Regardless the reason, an employee tried committing suicide over her superior, no matter how the company tries to claim that they’re not involve in it, the public might not believe it fully, especially since the Moon Group is such a huge company. Or perhaps she doesn’t want Yonghye to resign and thus she decides to bribe Yongsun, wait till after this issue dies down slightly before she could handle it in a low profile manner.

Looking at her watch, it’s almost 7pm. Yongsun decided to attend the dinner, nevertheless, it’s still a good chance, for status like Yongsun, how many chances will she have to meet film directors and producers?

Thinking that they're still not that close yet, Yongsun decided that it would be more appropriate to dial her assistant’s number instead. As expected, after barely two rings, it was picked up by her assistant, it was sassy and cold at the same time. “Hi.”

“Hi, I’m looking for Miss Moon.”

“Who are you?”

“I’m Kim Yong Sun.”

There was a pause, there was a change in her tone. It was in a slightly friendlier, slightly warmer tone, “Oh, Yongsun-ssi? Miss Moon isn’t with me right now, she would like me to convey to you that, please be at Moon Sik Dang at 7.30pm. Tell the waitress you’re Kim Yongsun.”

“Alright, thank you.”

“Your welcome, have fun.”

Yongsun hung up, sighed softly, having even the slightest interaction with people of status is actually not a very bad idea, perhaps she should find a chance to take a photo with Moon Byulyi, in case one day she becomes the CEO of the Moon Group, she could post their photo on her SNS platforms, boost a bit of her reputation.

Yongsun made her decision too late, she was late again, when she reached the restaurant, it was already 7.40pm. Yongsun told the waitress her name, she then directed her into the lift at the right side of the entrance. She slotted in a card key and pressed the S button and said goodbye to Yongsun. When the elevator door opened, Yongsun immediately realized what does S represented, Sky Terrace. The entire Seoul city night view could be seen from this height; her breath was taken away. Yongsun was greeted by another waiter, he bowed at her and signalled for Yongsun to follow him.

Under the guidance of the waiter, Yongsun reached a table that was already filled with people. She looked up and saw Moon Byulyi sitting at the end of the table, the position where usually the important figures will sit, on each of the side of the tables Yongsun saw some familiar faces, they were award winning producers and directors for the films they directed and produced respectively. Moon Byulyi stood up, she directed Yongsun to sit at an empty seat right in between the directors and producers, then she said. “Let me introduce, this is my friend, she’s also an excellent actress, Kim Yongsun.”

The producers and directors nodded and smiled at Yongsun warmly, a guy sitting beside me, Producer Jung, Yongsun recognized, loudly exclaimed. “It’s a rare occasion that Miss Moon brings a female friend to meet us, shouldn’t she be sitting beside you instead?”

The rest of them immediately agrees and asked the guy to switch their seats. The guy stood up immediately and signalled for Yongsun to go over.

Moon Byulyi, smiling, she brought up her hands and stopped them. “Stop, don’t move. Yongsun-ssi, please sit back down. There’s a reason why I specially arranged for Yongsun-ssi to be seated beside our Jung PD.”

Jung PD immediately responded. “Oh c’mon, anyone that is a friend of Miss Moon is a friend of mine. Whatever request that you have just tell me straight, I’ll agree to it!”

Moon Byulyi brings up her wine glass, “We’ll talk about work later, for now, let’s drink!”

The dinner was dragged on for another 2 hours, it was an amazing dinner, everyone was talking to each other non stop without stopping. Through this dinner, Yongsun realized that the people at this dinner are really the creative and geniuses of the film industry, it was really no doubt whatever films they produced are all box offices. It also seems like all of them respected Moon Byulyi a lot, as for Moon Byulyi, even though she was young and she had her family background as a support, there was just something about herself that gives off a confident aura, Yongsun believe it was this confident aura from her instead that commanded respect from the people at this table.

Of course, in the midst of all the conversation, Yongsun brought up to Jung PD that she's currently acting for several drama productions, supporting roles mostly. Jung PD readily replied her. “Oh really? I’m still in talks for some film projects, perhaps by then you could come audition if there’s any roles that interests you. I’ll get my casting team to send over the scripts when it’s finalized.”

Moon Byulyi was sharp enough to hear the conversation, after Jung PD finished his sentence, she added on. “Our Jung PD, please take care of her.”

Jung PD immediately replied. “Of course, don’t worry Miss Moon. Come on, let me have a toast to you.”

At the entrance, everyone was shaking hands and hugging each other, slowly they left one by one. At the end, it was only between Yongsun and Moon Byulyi, and her bodyguards which she had no idea when they did pop out.

One of her bodyguard passed her her car key, he bowed at Yongsun slightly before leaving. They both walked down the steps together, she opened the passenger door and looked at Yongsun. “Let me send you home.”

Yongsun politely refused her. “It’s alright, I don’t want to trouble you, I can get a cab myself.”

“Let’s go, it’s fine.”

The dinner had already made Yongsun feel worn out due to all the courtesy, at this moment right now she no longer have the energy to deal with Byulyi, since she insisted, Yongsun could only get into the car.

Once Yongsun got into the car, she turned her head and saw that the bodyguards have already got into the other two cars.

It seems like Moon Byulyi saw Yongsun's curiosity and answered it, she looks at the back mirror, at the same time telling Yongsun. “They’re my bodyguards and assistants at the same time, it can’t be helped. Earlier on this year the police informed us that the underworld might be having thoughts on our family, kidnapping and blackmailing, thus we could only do this.”

Yongsun looked at her not knowing how to respond to her explanation. Sympathy, or compliment? Using the street lights, Yongsun saw that her eyes were red, she wasn’t smiling at all compared to during dinner, her gaze looks absent and tired.

Byulyi looked back at Yongsun, self-deprecating. “Living as a wealthy person isn’t easy either.”

“I should be thankful that your bodyguard seems friendlier to me this time, he looked like he was about to give me an over shoulder throw when I went up to you twice in the hospital the other time”

She chuckled, “I apologise if they scared you. They’re actually very nice and talented, too bad they couldn’t get a job for 3 years with their talents, before I hired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter