Love, is useless

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Yongsun sit down at a piano, she unconsciously let out a huge breath, like she’s been holding it in since the last time she played. A wave of serenity washes over her as she twiddles her hands for a second, deciding where on the keys to start. As her fingertips meet the cool, smooth ivories, her worries vanish. All the cares of the day fade away with the first note; any problem can be resolved by resolving a chord. The world fades to the black and white of the keys in front of her.

Yongsun started to play the piano recently as well, taking advantage of the music lessons she attended in school. She managed to squeeze in time to self learn despite her recent busy schedules. Upon noticing her initiative and eagerness, CEO Kim had ordered a brand new portable keyboard just so that it could be fit into Yongsun’s current work studio. Yongsun realised that playing the piano is therapeutic for herself as she could take a break from the stress of reality and express her feelings through the music she plays. It felt like the emotions in her head, those that are swirling and confusing can be released through her fingers into musical patterns.

Last 2 weeks was crazy as hell for Yongsun with all the auditions and profile shoots. Today was finally a break day for her but she decided that she would not waste time doing nothing. Her studio wasn’t big to begin with, it had started to fill up with wardrobe sponsorships, and also the many scripts that was sent in for Yongsun to choose if either was in her interests, however since she didn’t have the time to look through them, it was just left aside in a corner. Now with the additional keyboard, there was barely enough space for human beings to stand around, which Yongsun isn’t complaining since it meant that no one would be comfortable enough to hang around her for nothing, other than Wheein.

Just as Yongsun was about to start playing a piece which just came about to her mind, her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and stared at it for awhile, it was Moon Byulyi. She hasn’t met Byulyi ever since she accompanied Sandeul to the Namsan Seoul Tower, why did she call now? Just as she was about to answer the call, the phone stopped ringing. Staring for a few seconds, she pondered if she should give a call back just not to be rude. Her thumb hovered above the call button, before she pressed it down.

It took only 2 rings, before her call was being hung up.

“What’s this about? Did she accidentally call me by accident?” An annoyed Yongsun immediately put her phone away and got back to her piano. As she got ready her fingers, she couldn’t get the feel to start playing. Her mood was ruined by that phone call. Instead she slammed her head against the keys, creating a loud mixture of high and low keys. Couple minutes later, her phone started ringing again. Yongsun quickly got her phone – Moon Byulyi.

“Sorry, I was talking to someone just now.” Byulyi apologised over the phone.

“Can I help you Miss Moon?” Yongsun kept a straight tone.

“Where are you?”

“In my company.”

“Good. I’m in the vicinity, I’m coming over.” Byulyi hung up the phone.

Still unable to grasp what she just heard, Yongsun brought down her phone and stared at it. It took a few moments later to realise what Byulyi just said. Yongsun immediately stood up and paced about her already limited space in the studio. Realising Moon Byulyi was actually coming over suddenly, she felt like she had to inform someone.

“Damn it, I’m gonna have to ask Wheein to clear all these stuffs. Since when were these here anyway?!” Yongsun mumbled to herself as she used her feet to clear the tons of papers on the floor that fell after the impact of the sudden opening of the door.

“Eric oppa, Miss Moon is coming over.”

Eric looks up from his desk. “When?”

“Right now! This instance!”

“For what purpose?” Wheein was the next to ask, as she twirls around in her chair.

“I don’t know!” Yongsun puts her hand up in the air.

Upon hearing the news that Byulyi is on the way to the company, all the staff members were in chaos themselves. “, why did I have to wear like that today?!” “Yah, lend me your eye liner and lipstick!” “No way! I’m gonna have to need it now!”

For a moment, Yongsun questioned herself if it was the right decision to inform them that Byulyi was coming over. Just as the chaos was still ongoing, Byulyi suddenly appeared behind Yongsun, giving Yongsun a jump when she turned around as she sensed someone behind her.

It was a dramatic moment, as though a Kim Soo Hyun appeared in My Love From the Stars, the whole atmosphere became silent, all of the actions stopped, everyone’s gaze landed on Moon Byulyi. She was wearing a plain white shirt tucked into a black skinny ripped jeans, along with a black long trench coat. Her hair roots were also touched up with silver ash color, it seems like she trimmed her fringe too, it was no longer slightly covering up her eyes. In her hands, she was holding her car key and an A4 size envelope. She looked really, stylish today.  

Standing beside Yongsun, Byulyi’s face seemed as though she got a shock from the atmosphere, she looked around before turning towards Yongsun. “What happened?”

Without waiting for Yongsun to reply, Eric immediately rushed over towards Byulyi. “Nothing! We were just preparing for your presence here, just that you were too fast for us to even prepare anything. Please come this way, I’ll show you to the meeting room.”

“I’m fine.” Byulyi remained in her spot, slightly shaking her head towards Eric.

“Byulyi unnie!” Wheein greeted Byulyi. Looking at Wheein, Byulyi gave a warm smile as though looking at a younger sister. “Oh Wheein-ah, I’m assuming things are good between you and Hyejin?”  

Wheein blushed a little before giving a nod. Byulyi then turned towards Yongsun. “Do you have your own room?”

“This way down.” Yongsun pointed behind her, then Byulyi walked towards the direction which Yongsun pointed.

“Miss Moon, it might be better to go to the meeting room. Yongsun’s studio is too small and cramped.” Eric chased behind Byulyi.

Byulyi ignored Eric, and continues walking towards Yongsun’s room. After awhile, she reached a room with a name “Yongdonnie’s Space”. The ends of Byulyi’s lips slightly curved upwards. As she opens the door, a whole pile of papers fell onto the floor. Frozen on the spot, Byulyi turned towards Yongsun with an apologetic face as though she did something wrong.

“See! I’ve told you her room is in a mess. YAH JUNG WHEEIN! Clear this mess right now!” Eric screamed for Wheein. Wheein wheeled backwards in her chair into view, looking at Eric confusingly.

“It’s fine, Wheein you can clear this later. I’ll settle this now.” Yongsun waved her hands at Wheein, gesturing her to go back to her own work, Wheein wheeled back to her desk. Yongsun quickly entered the room and starts picking up the pile of mess on the floor. Byulyi quickly kneeled down too to help Yongsun pick up the papers on the floor. As they picked up the papers, the last piece of paper had both of their hands touching each other. She felt electricity in her skin, Yongsun quickly let go of the paper and stood up immediately. Byulyi stood up afterwards too and passed the papers to Yongsun.

“Th-thanks.” Yongsun's cheeks are suddenly kissed pink like a spring rose, she quickly looks away to find a distraction, putting away the papers. Byulyi remains at her spot, allowing Yongsun time to compose herself, while she herself fighting back the smile that wants to break out.

Noticing that Eric was still around, Byulyi turned to look at Eric. “Eric-ssi, please go back to your work, I’m just discussing some matters with Yongsun-ssi.”

“Oh. Ok…. Sure.” There was a disappointment tone from Eric.

As Yongsun puts away the pile of papers, she casually remarked to Byulyi. “Miss Moon, please sit.”

“Where am I supposed to sit?” Byulyi turns to look at Yongsun.

Glancing around, Yongsun realised Byulyi was right, there was indeed no space for Byulyi to sit. The sofa was full of Yongsun’s clothes sponsorships, while on her chair was full of shoe boxes, not to mention her table was already full of scripts. Moving quickly, Yongsun quickly shoved all of her clothes onto the floor, ignoring that they were sponsored, she would just have to answer for it later if they were dirty. She then moved away the keyboard which was placed infront of the sofa and then turned to gesture to Byulyi. “Here, please sit. Sorry, I wasn’t aware that you’re coming.”

Byulyi then sit down on the sofa, while Yongsun moved to the water dispenser, preparing to get Byulyi a drink.

“Warm or cold?” Yongsun asked.

“Cold.” Byulyi said as she coughed slightly.

“Warm. You shouldn’t be drinking cold water when you’re still coughing, even after so long?”

Byulyi was silent for awhile, then she nods. “I guess I was too busy…”

As Byulyi drinks from the cup, Yongsun was wondering if she should be sitting or standing. The only sofa in the room was being sat by Byulyi, the chair was full of shoe boxes, it would be a hassle to shift them down. Byulyi seemed to notice the awkwardness in Yongsun, she slightly shifted herself and patted the space beside her, gesturing for Yongsun to sit beside her.

Yongsun pondered awhile for a couple of seconds, before she went over to sit down. As she sat down beside Byulyi, she could smell the feint sweet smell, also a mixture of coffee scent, she couldn’t help but to secretly try to smell a bit more.

“Here.” Byulyi passed the envelope which she brought earlier on to Yongsun.

“What’s this?” Yongsun asked as she opened the envelope, taking out the contents in it. “Resume form?”

The contents in it was similar to a resume form, except that it was asking for other details like nicknames, personality, likes and dislikes, dreams etc.

“Not really… just a form for you to fill in so that the research team can start preparing on the creation of the new line with Lee Corporation. They need to know you better.” Byulyi explained.

Everything in the form seemed weird to Yongsun, it was the first time she had been asked to do this.

“Is this like, perhaps a form you ripped off from a matchmaking agency?” Yongsun asked casually while still looking through the form.

“No! Of course not. This is serious business Yongsun-ssi, please be careful with your words.” Byulyi exclaimed.

“Sorry, I was just curious. Couldn’t you have send it via email or something?”

“I thought it would be faster to get this done since I’m in the vicinity.”

“You could have just got Hyejin or one of your bodyguards to send it over, if it was that urgent.”

“Would you mind to stop talking and start filling up the form?” Byulyi was starting to sound impatient.

Rolling her eyes in her heart, Yongsun stood up to grab a pen from her table before she moved back to sit at the sofa and starts filling up the form. As she fills in the form, she could feel from her side eye line that Byulyi was staring at her. As she looked up, instantly her eyes met with Byulyi’s eyes. “Miss Moon, please stop it.”

“Stop what? I was just looking at you filling up the form.” Byulyi faked ignorance.

“You’re making it hard for me to work with you.”

“If it wasn’t because of you, I wouldn’t have allowed Moon Group to be working with RBW.” Byulyi bluntly reported the fact.

“Why does it have to be because of me? What relationship do I have with you? Can’t you just treat me like just an ordinary artiste under one of your company? Can you just let me work in peace, and earn a living for myself?” Yongsun was soft spoken, but her attitude wasn’t good.

“You will work in peace and earn even more for yourself in the future. Just continue to do what you’re supposed to do.” Byulyi stated calmly.

Not knowing what to reply, Yongsun was stumped for words. Silently, she quickly starts scribbling through the form.

“Please write nicely, it’s almost illegible to me.”

Pursing her lips, Yongsun then slowed down her handwriting and wrote super slow and nicely. At the side, Byulyi could notice the slight anger and pout in Yongsun, making her smile slightly. As soon as Yongsun is done, she quickly put the form back into the envelope and passed it swiftly to Byulyi.

With a word of thanks, Byulyi took over the envelope and left the room. Yongsun did not send Byulyi off, she remained seated in the sofa, glancing at the door in which Byulyi just left through.

***

At night, Yonghye was home for dinner with Yongsun. As they eat dinner together, the light above them started to flicker, then suddenly a pop could be heard and the lights in the flat went out. Yongsun switched on the torchlight function on her phone and then walked towards the electric box, as she opened it, a burnt smell came out from it. Yonghye immediately came beside Yongsun and stopped her. “Unnie, don’t touch it. The cables might have been burnt or something.”

Yongsun closed the electric box. “I’ll get an electrician tomorrow to check it out.”

“Oh no! I still have to rush out a finance report tonight, I have to send it to the HQ tomorrow!” Yonghye exclaimed.

“Then go to a PC bunk to do it. Or a café outside.”

“No I can’t. It contains the finance reports of our company, I can’t use public WIFI incase it leaks.”

“Then explain it to your superior.”

“I’m so dead I’m so dead.” Yonghye was stamping her feet hard in the dark.

After the blackout, it was dead silent in the house. Both Yongsun and Yonghye was lazily lying on the sofa, both scrolling their phones. Then, an entering pin number sound could be heard from next door, a door shutting sound followed. Yonghye shot up immediately and ran towards the balcony, Yongsun was confused. She looked at the back view of Yonghye at the balcony, it wasn’t long before she knew what Yonghye was up to.

“Hyunsik oppa! Hurry up come over, our house had a blackout!” Yonghye shouted across to the next balcony. Yongsun’s and Hyunsik’s house balcony were just next to each other, thus if they wanted to they could also meet in the balcony without even le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter