Two kinds of love

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There are only two kinds of love in this world: One kind of love is the one we watch in dramas, regardless how cheesy it is, it could bring you tears; the other kind of love is when you experienced it yourself, even if your partner is a pig, you can also be in immense pain till you’re having insomnia, however you have to know that, while others are looking at you in pain, they would only silently laugh at you being a fool. No one would sympathize with you, neither will anyone give you their blessings, they would only be a bystander watching you, as though watching an interesting drama-on-demand, including the person who doesn’t love you.”

Yongsun stood in front of Yonghye’s bed, spoke to her harshly with these words, hoping to knock some sense into her. She actually had the guts to slit her wrist on the night of Valentine’s Day, in a bathtub fill with rose petals. To make it worse, she actually sent out dozens of god damned pictures of herself in that pathetic state to that person, attempting to let that person look at her “beautiful” (according to her) pathetic dying image, what surprised Yongsun more was that that jerk could actually ignore this whole situation. In the end it was Yongsun, after her work when she reached home, she fished Yonghye out from the bathtub and sent her to the hospital.

Yonghye shut her eyes and remained silent. The silence of the room makes Yongsun's blood boil as hot as the summer heat that crept through an open window.

Yonghye fell in love with her direct superior, every single day it feels like her soul is not in her body, she would look at her superior’s photo everyday and mumble to herself, that photo was even a cutout from their company’s internal magazine. In that photo, it was a blur image of a person in black suit who was shaking hands with the employee. Initially, Yongsun thought it was just a young girl’s imagination mindset, never would she have thought it would blow up this big.

“Answer me, why did you choose to die?” Yongsun asked her in a snappish manner.

Yonghye shut her eyes even tighter, while tears flowed down her cheeks.

“Say something!” Yongsun increased her vocal and perhaps also her tone by 8 keys.

She still refused to say anything.

“Forget it.” Yongjun who was beside Yongsun, slightly tugged her sleeves. Yongsun flung off his hand and directed her yelling towards him. “Both of you siblings are the same, neither of you will give me a peace of mind, get the hell back to our hometown!”

Yongjun lowered his head. “Yongsun noona, please stop asking, let Yonghye noona rest, let her calm down, she must be feeling sick enough right now.”

“She IS sick! What kind of one sided love deserves sympathy? If you are competent enough then go and chase that person till you get it, instead you choose to harm yourself, I wasn’t aware that your EQ is that low!”

Yonghye suddenly jumped up from the bed, screaming at her in another perhaps 4 keys higher tone. “Well if you’re that competent yourself then why don’t you get your boyfriend back!”

Yongsun was stumped for words. Yonghye bursts into tears, “I don’t know what else to do, she doesn’t even cast a look at me, whatever I do… its useless!”

Yongsun looked at this stupid kid crying in front of her, loss for words at the moment.

Yes, Yongsun broke up recently. Her ex-boyfriend fell in love with his female colleague sitting opposite him, he knelt in front of her begging her pathetically to give him his freedom, Yongsun didn’t try to make him stay. Towards people who had a change of heart, what is there left to say? And wait, did Yonghye just said a “she” instead of a “he”? Yongsun had always thought her superior is a man, she decided to cast that question aside for now.

“Yes, that’s right. I’m useless, however I would not harm myself and let someone else happily watch the show.” Yongsun turned and left the ward.

Yongjun followed behind her leaving the ward, trying to help Yonghye put in some good words. “Noona, noona, Yonghye noona is still immature, please stop being angry.”

Sighing, Yongsun turned and looked at him. “Yongjun ah… can you not go to class today? Stay here and look after Yonghye, her emotions are still very unstable, stay with her, and remember this, don’t let Mom know about this.”

Yongjun immediately nods non stop and hugs her tightly. 

Walking out of the hospital, the summer heat slaps Yongsun right in the face, adding on to her current frustrations. Yongsun's phone rang, it was Eric Nam. Eric was Yongsun's senior back in college, and currently he works as her manager in the same company, RBW Entertainment. He asked gently with a slightly joking tone. “Yongsun-ssi, I assumed you had a good Valentine’s date, that you forgot we’re having a script reading later? Shouldn’t you be here early to prepare? “

“Indeed, I had a wonderful date, I’m coming over right now." Yongsun hung up the phone call, closed her eyes and calm her emotions, opened her eyes and took a deep breath.

Once Yongsun reached the company, she was welcomed by Eric whistling non stop. “Woooo, looks like last night you were really busy, that you did not even change out of your clothes”

Yongsun shook her head. “I didn’t even have time to sleep last night”

Eric’s eyes widen, “A night without sleep? OH MY GOD who is it?! It was that intense?!”

She pulled Eric to a corner, speaking in a serious tone. “Eric oppa, I have something to ask you”

“Yes, what?”

“When you introduced Yonghye to the Moon Group, who did you went through?”

“My female junior is in the HR department, she is in charge of recruitment. She had a crush on me for quite some time though, so when I approached her, she took care of it immediately. Why? Do you have someone else that wants to work there, isn’t Yong Jun a bit too young?

“No, I would like you to help me ask around, it’s about Yonghye’s manager, what kind of person is she, or is it a he. Whatever”

“What happened? ual harassment, or office relationship? Yonghye hasn’t been there barely for a year, it wouldn’t be so fast right? Or that person is actually interested in you?" Eric has always been one to have such fast reactions, talking to him sometimes drains out Yongsun's energy quickly.

“Alright, stop asking, just help me do it and stop talking so much!” She turned and walk towards the meeting room to prepare for the script reading.

Eric followed behind her, shooting out questions non stop like a machine gun. “You should still tell me what’s the reason, so that when I’m enquiring about it I’ll have a point to go around. You didn’t sleep a wink last night; did you did it with that manager? Or is it someone else! You should still leave a chance for me… when will you ever look at me…” He started whining like a kid.

Yongsun couldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter