The headlines

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dragging herself, Yongsun reached her workroom in the company.

“Ah-choo!” Yongsun sneezes as she sat down, she might had caught a cold from yesterday’s rain. When she arrived there is already a coffee on her desk. There is no note to let her know who the prepared it yet one sniff tells Yongsun that it’s her favorite. Only one person comes to her mind that could have prepared this – Wheein.

Switching on the computer, Yongsun started browsing through the search portal. As from CEO Kim yesterday, the headlines were all about their contract with the Moon Group.

 

“Moon Group & RBW, officially partners from today.”

“Moon Group will be entering the entertainment industry, expanding their influence further.”

“Moon Group, an upcoming competition towards the current Big 3 in the entertainment industry.”

 

Just as she was about to click into one of the articles to read, her phone rang, it was Yonghye. Yongsun assumed that it could be that Yonghye had already read the news.

“Yonghye-ah?” Yongsun answered the call.

“Unnie, are you busy?” Yonghye’s voice travelled from the other line.

“No I’m fine, I just reached the company. I don’t have anything on right now. What’s up?”

“Oh… I just want to inform you that I won’t be going back this weekend. I’ll be taking a short trip with my colleagues over the weekend.”

“Really? That’s great. Enjoy yourself!” Yongsun was truly happy for Yonghye, Yonghye had always been the kind to not hang out with her colleagues. She was glad that this time she was actually hanging out with her colleagues. “Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that your company had decided to sign a contract with our company. They’re going to enter the entertainment industry via us.” Yongsun tried to tell Yonghye in an unconcerned tone, as though it was not a big deal.

“Why did your company decided to sign the contract?” Yonghye was starting to question Yongsun.

Yongsun shrugged. “Moon Group is such a big company, which company wouldn’t want to work with them? Besides, Eric oppa was the one who put in a lot of effort in trying to get Miss Moon to recommend our company.” Yongsun tried to push the whole thing towards Eric.

There was a moment of silence between the both of them. “Eric oppa knows Miss Moon as well?”

“Yeah, don’t forget you got into Moon Group was also because of Eric oppa.”

“Oh… I thought you personally asked Miss Moon to recommend your company. I heard from my colleagues that a lot of entertainment companies’ CEO personally looked for Miss Moon, but she didn’t agree to be their representative. Almost everyone was sure that your company had a great connection with Miss Moon.”

Yongsun was starting to produce cold sweats, she didn’t know why she was feeling guilty for no reason. “Come on, that period of time when this came about I was in Busan. Besides, who am I to ask Miss Moon for the favor, I don’t know how does Eric oppa did it anyway.”

“Mmmm…” Yonghye almost sound convinced by Yongsun’s reply. “Unnie, if given a chance, will you fall for Miss Moon?” Yongsun was startled by her question, was it that Yonghye had found out about something?

“No! Of course not!” Yongsun replied in a shriek.

“Calm down. Even if you tell me you like girls, I’m totally fine with it. Our society nowadays are being more open about it as well.”

“I’m not talking about that. I mean, I agree that Miss Moon is really an ideal partner, or basically everyone’s dream partner, be it for male or female. But if we’re talking about status background, it’s a far cry, it’s a huge difference. She’s way too out of league, be it status or appearance, won’t the other partner feel depressed?” Yongsun said as though she was trying to convince herself as well.

“What if Miss Moon doesn’t care about all these, and she loves you for you are?” Yonghye isn’t stopping.

“Yonghye, have you been watching too much dramas? Who is Moon Byulyi? She’s a businesswoman! They don’t do businesses which are bound to fail.” Yongsun retorted. “Besides, having such a perfect person as your partner, you won’t have a sense of security. Even if she doesn’t flirt around, there are bound to be people who are willing to give themselves to her for free.”

A moment of silence entered.

“Yonghye-ah, I haven’t had the chance to ask you this. Are you still thinking about Miss Moon?”

“…”

“I really love you, you know that right? Please don’t hurt yourself anymore.” Yongsun was begging.

“I understand unnie, don’t worry, I won’t.” Yonghye could barely manage to reply.

 

Yongsun heaved heavily after the call with Yonghye, she lied her head down sideways on the table as she stares blankly into nothing. Then suddenly, Eric’s face came in and lied on the table as well, facing Yongsun.

“AHHHHHHHHHH” Yongsun screamed, Eric screamed together as well. “AHHHHHHHHHHH”

Yongsun quickly sat up. “What the hell oppa, what are you doing here? What’s with that headband on your head? You’re learning martial arts?”

Eric’s face was really bad, he had two severe eyebags, bleary-eyed and unshaven. There was a headband somewhat similar to a martial arts headband tying on his head. It even had the word “FIGHT” on it.

“I was sleeping on your sofa here since last night! I bet you were too distracted to even notice me sleeping here. And speaking of this headband, I wanted to ask you this.” Eric explained.

“What?”

Eric went close to Yongsun’s ear, Yongsun was flushing suddenly. “WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TELL JUNG WHEEIN YESTERDAY?” Eric shouted in Yongsun’s ear. Immediately, Yongsun slapped Eric’s face away from her ears.

“I’m going to sue you for violence & abuse against manager.” Eric whined while caressing his own face.

“And I’m going to sue you for damaging my ears!” Yongsun exclaimed. “What about Wheein?”

Eric huffed a puff and went to the sofa to sit down, crossing his arms and legs angrily. “That kid is crazy I tell you. I was about to leave the company yesterday before she came running in like a crazy dog out of control.”

 

# – Flashback – #

Whistling a tune, Eric packed his stuffs into his bag getting ready to head home. As he was about to leave his workspace, he heard someone shouting for his name from far away.

“Eric oppa!” It didn’t take more than 3 seconds to know who was it – Jung Wheein.

“Wh-what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be with Yongsun?” Eric asked.

“I’m done for the day!” Wheein exclaimed happily.

“Then shouldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter