The Moon at night

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days later, Yongsun received a call from Hyejin. “Unnie, pack your luggage tonight. The Maldives project is finally having a head start. They’re officially starting the discussion in Maldives tomorrow, you’re required to be here as well. We might be staying here for awhile, bring more clothes over.”

“What? But why am I required to be there? I did not agree to be the endorser yet.”

“That’s something that you should ask your CEO about, I’m just conveying instructions.”

“…”

“Unnie, are you still there?”

“How long?”

“At least a week, the most 2 weeks. You’ll be shooting some CFs here, also some advertorial photos.”

“Why the rush?”

“One, we need to impress the Maldives’ side. Thus it would be good to show them that we’re sincere in this project and already have our best person to already start shooting promo ads. Two, Byulyi unnie’s direct orders that you have to be there as a representative from the Korea side. You’re our face!”

Byulyi’s orders? Yongsun can’t help but to ask further. “Is Miss Moon going to be there?”

“Yes, we’re both in Maldives right now. Remember to pack your luggage, bring Wheein along with you please. Eric-ssi will be contacting you later with regards to the flight details. Tie up the loose ends on your side and we’ll see you here!” Hyejin didn’t give Yongsun anytime to respond and quickly hung up on the phone.  

Sighing, Yongsun felt her heart dropping. She was finally going to see Byulyi, however she felt confused. A few seconds later, Wheein barged into her studio, giving Yongsun a shock.

“Jung Wheein, do you not know how to knock?”

A jumping Wheein hopped around in front of Yongsun, unable to contain her excitement.

“I just got the news from Eric oppa! I’m going to Maldives with you?”

“And how is this exciting, coming from your gestures right now?”

“My first oversea trip! My first overseas work trip! As your manager!” Wheein continues to jump around the room, her hands all over.  

 

***

 

As soon as Yongsun reaches home, she starts to pack her luggage.

“Unnie, overseas work trip?” Yonghye asked as she leaned against the door, eating an ice cream.  

“Yeah, it’s regarding that Maldives project that your company is currently dealing with.” Yongsun didn’t raise her head as she continues to pack her luggage.  

“Is this about the redevelopment and reconstruction? The resort project in Maldives?”

“I guess so. Heard that it’s a project worth billions, a big project.”

“I’ve heard about it,” Yonghye took another bite at her ice cream before she went to settle herself down on Yongsun’s bed. “I’ve also heard that this time Miss Moon invested a lot in this project despite many objections from the board. They said it was a risk.”

“Really?” Yongsun casually asked.

“Yeah, some also said that if this project would also determine if Miss Moon would ultimately be the one to take over the whole Moon Group.”

Yongsun wondered if this was why Byulyi seemed to be particularly anxious about this project, but if this project is so important, why did Byulyi had to insist on making her the endorser? Shouldn’t they find someone far more famous?

“So… is Miss Moon going to be there as well?” Yonghye prompt another question while Yongsun was thinking to herself. Frustrated that she and Yonghye, the both of them had actually ended up in the hands of Byulyi, Yongsun gave a superficial answer. “I don’t know. Is anything the matter?”  

“Just curious.” Yonghye brushed it off casually and continues eating her ice cream as though it doesn’t matter to her either. After awhile, the doorbell rang.

“Can you get it? I’m still packing my luggage.”  

An annoyed Yonghye got up from the bed and strolled slowly out of Yongsun’s room. It wasn’t long before Yonghye’s excited voice could be heard. “Hyunsik oppa!”  

“Damn it, why is he here.” Mumbling to herself, Yongsun started to throw all her stuffs into the luggage instead.  

“Where’s your unnie?” Hyunsik went straight to the point.

“She’s in her room, packing. Overseas work trip tomorrow.”

“Oh…”

Following after, Yongsun could hear the door closing and footsteps closing in on her. Along the way, Yonghye was still asking Hyunsik questions. “Oppa, can I drop by your house during the weekend when unnie is not around? There wouldn’t be anyone to eat dinner with me!”

“Sure!”

Upon hearing their voices at her door, Yongsun stood up in the sternest expression she could have to welcome Hyunsik. Noticing her expression, Hyunsik stood at the door awkwardly, unsure whether to step into her room or not.

“What is it?”

“I can’t find my degree certificate, I was wondering if I left it here.” Hyunsik was embarrassed as he asked this.

“Didn’t you take everything back then?” Every time Hyunsik opens his mouth, Yongsun got angrier.

“I did, but now I can’t find it. My new company requires it for verification purposes, thus I want to try my luck and see if I left it here instead.”

“Go ahead and search it, I didn’t touch any of the drawers that was once used by you.”

Yongsun walks away and starts packing the skincare on her table, leaving Hyunsik to do whatever he wants to. Hyunsik enters Yongsun’s room and starts opening the drawers, followed by the cabins, then he starts closing them. “If its not here… where would it be?” Hyunsik mumbles to himself as he looks around the room.  

Yongsun stops what she’s doing before she turns to look at Hyunsik. “Come up with a better excuse next time, this is so fake and it looks stupid on you. You misplacing something? The Earth would stop spinning.” Hyunsik is an extremely meticulous person, he’s a neat freak and would never misplaces any of his things even once.

As though Yongsun hit the nail, Hyunsik was left standing there like a fool.  Disregarding him, Yongsun continues to pack what she was initially packing.

“Where are you going tomorrow?”

“Maldives.”  

“What time is your flight? I’ll send you off.”

“Don’t need to, my manager is picking me up.”

“Remember to bring more sunblock, the sun is strong there.”

Yongsun didn’t respond.

“Bring some Korean instant food too, you might not get used to the food there. Some medicine too incase your stomach acts up again.”

Yongsun slams her luggage cover loudly, before she zipped it up. She then held up her luggage from the floor and lands it loudly on purpose.  

“Thank you for your concern but no thanks, I know what to do.”

As though he’s being wronged, Hyunsik quickly explained. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean anything. I’m just used to reminding you.”  

“Then change your habit!” Yongsun remains firm in her attitude.  

Before Hyunsik seems like he’s about to continue, Yongsun quickly adds in. “Please go, I’m tired.”  

 

 

As soon as she gets off the the plane, the hot heat waves hit Yongsun right in the face. Staring up at the skies, it was clear blue and the air was refreshing, an exact opposite compared to Seoul which is currently in the winter season. On the contrary, Wheein doesn’t seem like she’s enjoying the season since she preferred winter over summer anytime.  

After leaving the immigration, both Yongsun and Wheein was greeted by Hyejin at the arrival hall. Upon seeing Hyejin, an excited Wheein quickly ran up to Hyejin giving her a tight hug. Yongsun couldn’t help but to give a motherly smile at this. Two of Byulyi’s bodyguards, Hyunkyu and Janghyun was also there along with Hyejin. They both quickly smiled and acknowledges Yongsun before proceeding to help them with their luggage.  

“Yongsun unnie.” Hyejin greeted despite being held tight by Wheein.  

“Hyejin-ah, thanks for picking us up.”

Hyejin gently pats Wheein, signaling for her to release her.

“No worries, I should at least pick Wheein too.” Hyejin throws a wink towards Wheein, whom quickly blushes right up to her face.  

“Oh god.” Yongsun shakes her head and starts walking ahead.  

Walking out of the airport, there was already a black limousine SUV waiting for them. Yongsun was slightly surprised, to think that she could already have this kind of treatment overseas.

Hyunkyu presses a button and the door slid opened, he gestured for the ladies to hop on while he and Janghyun went to load the luggage up the SUV.

After awhile, the SUV was on its way to the resort. On both sides were bright and sunny sceneries, it was absolutely a lovely sight for Yongsun.

“Where are we staying?” Wheein asked Hyejin while keeping her eyes on the scenery outside. “We can see the sea right?”

Upon hearing this, Hyejin can’t help but to burst out in a laughter before she messes Wheein’s hair as an adoration action.  

“Of course, you’re in Maldives. But we’re going to have to take a seaplane across, you’re going to love the view. Yongsun unnie, you can even swim everyday since the resort would be just right above the sea.”  

“So you swim everyday?” Yongsun asked.

“Of course not, I sun tan everyday. Byulyi unnie swims everyday though.”

Remembering that she would be seeing Byulyi soon, Yongsun’s heart skipped a beat. Just as she was imagining how the scenario would be like when the both of them meet, Hyejin suddenly broke a news. “But Byulyi unnie isn’t here now. She left at the same time that you arrived. Just nice that after I sent her off, I was able to pick the both of you up immediately after.”

Yongsun’s heart sank. “Isn’t she hosting the discussion?” 

“She did, for the past few days. The overall direction and points had been set and discussed, now it’s the people in charge of the redevelopment and reconstruction taking over. Once the details are finalised, she’ll be here back again to sign the contract.”

Yongsun arrived but Byulyi left, this coincidence had been arranged so timely. Looking at the scenery outside, Yongsun can’t help but to think back on what Byulyi had said before. “If I further handle it, we will not meet at all.” Byulyi really keeps to her words.  

At that moment, Yongsun felt that she was very childish, comparing against Byulyi’s rationality and determination, Yongsun just seems like another fool having an unrequited love towards Byulyi.

 

***

 

After taking the seaplane, they finally landed on an island. After settling down, Yongsun and Wheein head to the dining restaurant to meet up with Hyejin. The resort is a 5-star resort, the facilities were extremely extravagant. Being built above the sea like other Maldives resorts around, its view is naturally amazing too. Connected to the main lobby, wooden bridges would lead out respectively to the different resort and villas which were further out into the sea.

As they have their lunch together, Hyejin explains further more in detail with regards about the project.  “Well, as mentioned, this is a very important project for Byulyi unnie. Since this is like another resort in Maldives, we’re doing all we could to build this resort differently from the rest. You’re also one of our trump card unnie, we believe you’ll be able to attract our people to visit this resort and stay here instead of the other resorts.”

Yongsun simply nods her head as she eats.

“This is also the first project that Byulyi unnie had taken on from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter