Busan getaway

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning rays shone brightly through the windows, it landed on Yongsun’s face. Groaning grumpily, Yongun lazily opened one of her eyes, before it was forced to shut it back tightly due to the brightness. She brings up one of her hands to cover her eyes, she felt herself falling back to slumber. Barely 10 minutes later, her alarm rang. With her eyes still shut, her hand moves towards the side of her bed, finding her phone to switch off the alarm. After sliding off the alarm, her hand returns to her side. Slowly, she opened her eyes. She was still in full make up, neither did she change out of her outfit last night. When she reached home, she immediately fell onto her bed and was knocked out almost immediately.

Sighing, she was reminded of what happened last night. It still feels surreal to Yongsun. She took her phone to check the notifications. Nope, no calls or text from Byulyi, what was she expecting? Byulyi was drunk last night, it wasn’t real. Yongsun had a conclusion for herself, she had to properly manage her feelings and relationship issues. She believed that something like that could happened was because she was single for too long, she was hungry for someone to care and love her, without a partner for quite some time thus her immunity was low. Yongsun is 27 years old, a year older than Byulyi, considering the current state of the industry, 27 is relatively old. She had yet to succeed in her career, neither had she succeed in her love life. She felt like a failure. Casting out the thoughts of managing her love relationship, she decided that she had to focus on her career first.

Yongsun walks to the living room, there was already breakfast on the table. It was by Yonghye before she left for Bucheon, upon seeing that Yongsun felt an immense guilt within herself. After washing up and changing into a new set of clothes, Yongsun was getting ready to leave the house. She received a text message from Eric: Company meeting with CEO Kim later at 9am.

Yongsun looked at her watch, it was already 8.45am. Sensing urgency, Yongsun quickly slipped on a pair of sneakers and ran out of her house. As soon as she left her building, a car screeched and stopped right in front of Yongsun, the latest white SUV of KIA. Yongsun heard her name being called out from the driver’s seat, it was Hyunsik, her ex-boyfriend. Damn, Hyunsik is doing so well that he could afford the latest car?

“What do you want?” Yongsun asked annoyingly.

“Jinwoon called me last night, he said he and Yeeun will be coming over from the states to do some business here, he asked the few of us out for a drink.” Jinwoon and Yeeun were friends of Yongsun and Hyunsik back in college days, both of them got together in their second year of college, they left for the states together as Jinwoon takes over his father’s business. Back then, they would always have a double date since Jinwoon was with Yeeun, Yongsun with Hyunsik. Yongsun was close with Yeeun of course, but as she departed for the states, the time and location difference caused them to slowly lose contact with each other.

“Meeting up together is not a problem. However, you go on your own and I’ll go on my own.” Yongsun walked away immediately after she was done. She doesn’t want to stay a moment any longer with Hyunsik.

Hearing the reply, Hyunsik quickly got off the car to chase up to Yongsun. “Yongsun, come on don’t be like that. Why do you have to make things so complicated? It’s just a gathering, can’t we go together?”

“I didn’t make it complicated. We’re just going separately, you’re the one that thinking it’s complicated.” Yongsun continued walking without stopping.

Hyunsik ran infront of Yongsun making her stop her in her tracks, “We’re still friends right?”

“I told you before I don’t have any intentions of being friends with you. If you would excuse me, I have a meeting in 5 minutes and I’m about to be late.” Yongsun brushed past Hyunsik, hitting his shoulder in the process. Hyunsik could only stand there while watching Yongsun’s backview as she leaves. Hyunsik is Yongsun’s senior, same age as Eric. He fell in love at first sight when he first saw Yongsun in a school dance party, subsequently he asked Yongsun out for 2 movie dates, 3 dinners, before he managed to get Yongsun to be his girlfriend, easy as that. Which led to Yongsun believing that because she had agreed to easily, thus Hyunsik didn’t treated her like a proper girlfriend. Since he had gotten her so easily, he could easily let go as well. Yongsun could never forgot when Hyunsik begged her to let him go, that pathetic state he was in, Yongsun was never going back to him.

Running and panting, Yongsun sprinted all the way to the meeting room. She slammed open the meeting room with a loud bang, inviting all the eyes to look at her.

“Oh, Yongsun-ah. You’re here, we’re just about to start.” CEO Kim made a statement.

Yongsun scanned the area looking for a seat, she finds an empty chair just right beside Wheein. She quickly bowed apologetically and slowly moved towards the seat beside Wheein.

“So. Firstly, I would like to address my thanks properly to everyone. To the staffs who had been working hard day and night, thank you all for the effort. To our artistes, thank you all for always doing your best and showing the public how talented all of you were. Without all of you, we wouldn’t have won the outstanding venture, boosting RBW’s image and reputation in the entertainment industry. This would be a good stepping stone for us to even venture out, and also providing more support for our artistes on the front line.”

Everyone cheered and clapped, it was indeed a long journey. Everyone here had been here since the start of the company, thus everyone was just like family to each other. The speech was long, way too long. CEO Kim had go on to thanking every department, saying how they had done well etc. Yongsun was afraid that CEO Kim would end up thanking every individual person in the company as well, catching a break inbetween, Yongsun quickly announced. “Thank you all the staff members, thank you RBW! Let’s continue to do well in the future!”

Everyone in the meeting room clapped loudly, then all of them shot an appreciation gaze towards Yongsun.

Seeing this, CEO Kim had no choice but to end the meeting. “Right, thank you all. I promise all of you I will arrange a company overseas trip soon!” Everyone cheered, then proceed to leave the room one by one to continue on their work. Yongsun and Wheein stood up as well, preparing to leave the room.

“Yongsun and Wheein, please stay.” Yongsun and Wheein looked at each other, could it be?

“Eric Nam, you too, you’re not getting out of this.” Eric was caught trying to slip out of the room quietly. With a slight groan, Eric went back to his seat.

CEO Kim cleared his throat, he tapped his fingers lightly on the table, looking at the 3 of them. Yongsun and Wheein looked at each other, it looked like they were going to get a scolding from CEO Kim for what happened previously.

“I’m not going to reproach anyone of you for what happened. I believe Wheein you have enough lectures from me already.” Wheein nodded urgently. Ever since the rooftop incident, Wheein was being forced to follow CEO Kim as his personal assistant every single day, while being lectured by him on and off whenever.

“I’ve fired that acting teacher, so Eric you’re responsible to seek out another acting teacher, I will personally interview that new acting teacher. And Eric, I know we’re short of manpower, but that doesn’t mean you can brush off a trainee when she looks for you.” CEO Kim lectured Eric, Eric hung his head low and apologized.

Yongsun wondered why was she in this meeting, then she was answered by CEO Kim.

“Yongsun-ah. As promised, I did want to get you a car. But… we’re still looking for a road manager for you. So, since there’s no road manager, I can’t get the car first right?” CEO Kim was grinning. Yongsun was pouting.

Before Yongsun could say anything, CEO Kim continued, “But, I can get you an assistant first! You can have Wheein. She doesn’t have anything to do right now!”

“What? NO!”

“What? YES!”

Both of them exclaimed at the same time, Wheein looked at Yongsun with puppy eyes, “Unnie, really? No? You hurt my feelings.”

“No I mean, Wheein-ah. I mean… you can follow other artistes as well. I don’t need a personal assistant…” Yongsun tried to think of ways to refuse this offer. She’s already having a hard time managing herself, if she still had to take care of a kid, she’s bound to go crazy.

“Unnie…. Pleeeeasseeeeeeeeeeee.” Wheein clinged onto Yongsun, in a tone which could kill any human being because it’s too cute. “Please get me off from CEO Kim…” Wheein softly whispered into Yongsun’s ear.

“I… alright.” Yongsun gave in.

“Good, that’s settled then. Wheein, don’t make any trouble for Yongsun. Let’s move on to the next part of this meeting, I have some good news. Eric please announce it.” Wheein fist bumps her hands, jumping for joy.

Good news? Next part? What? Yongsun looked at Eric, Eric was avoiding her gaze.

“Oh uhm… remember I told you before the Moon Group might be venturing into the entertainment industry? My junior from the HR department told me that it’s true. Their marketing and PR departments are currently consolidating the list of entertainment companies for the Moon Group to go through. It’s being said that, the Moon Group will invest 50 million dollars USD for the first year, they will not interfere in the management of the entertainment company. Not only that, whatever companies under the Moon Group that needs an endorser, the first priority will go to that entertainment company’s first before choosing someone from outside.”

Yongsun was about to knock herself out, anyone anything related to the Moon Group is constantly around her recently.

Eric continued, “They’re going to have an internal voting. Each director of the board will recommend one entertainment company, then there’ll be an inspection of the company, followed by a voting by the board of directors. According to the Moon Group’s requirement, our company fits every single of it, the problem now is we need someone from the board of director to represent us and recommend us. And I know someone in our company, that personally has contact with one of the directors on board, and she’s the VP of the Moon Group….” Eric smiled sweetly at Yongsun.

Yongsun wants to knock herself out for real this time, immediately. She doesn’t want anymore to do with Moon Byulyi, neither Moon Group.

“Is this true Yongsun? You know Miss Moon personally?” CEO Kim asked.

“I believe Eric oppa had made a mistake, I don’t know Miss Moon personally, I don’t have her contact number either.” Yongsun tried to make a futile effort to reject.

“I have her number!” Eric shouted happily, Yongsun rolled her eyes.

“Hmmm, Yongsun-ah, I don’t want to force you. So… please settle it out with Eric. But it would be great if you could just maybe mention it to Miss Moon? That’s all for today, Jung Wheein, no troubles from you otherwise you’re going to be my personal assistant again.” Wheein smiled cheerfully while sending CEO Kim out.

Yongsun got up from her seat and left the meeting room, with Eric and Wheein tagging behind her. Yongsun went into her room and lie on the sofa, while Wheein went to the table to use the computer. Eric came towards the sofa, pushed Yongsun’s leg off the sofa to make space for himself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter