The Moon Siblings

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If you see your older brother shouldn’t you greet me?” Minhyuk stood with his back facing Byulyi. Seeing his sister walking by him without acknowledging him made him felt anger.

Byulyi stopped in her tracks and turned around. “Welcome back, not that I’m looking forward to it.”

Minhyuk scoffed and walked towards Byulyi, he crossed his arms and smirked. “So, you have a girlfriend now.”

“Apparently, I do. Anyway, I’ve already had a lot of girlfriends before this. So, I don’t really need another one from you.” Byulyi replied with a smile with her hands tucked in her pocket.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Minhyuk responded back with another smile.

“I’m disappointed. Has the overseas stay made your senses a tad slower?”

Minhyuk’s face turned serious.

“Our fight has been too long, and it’s getting boring to be honest. But I’ve never thought you would use such underhanded tactics. Sorry, I was wrong about you.” Byulyi smiled once again, this time dangerously. “Don’t go overboard, you’re starting to get on my nerves.” With that, Byulyi turned and continued in the direction she was headed before.

“I'm only starting to get on your nerves now? Wow you've hurt me.” Minhyuk stopped her once again.

Byulyi laughed twice, sarcastically. She turned her head once again, this time standing where she was. “Seems like you’ve really become slow. I’m telling you that I’ll let it go just this once. Don’t ever meddle with my personal affairs, again.”

 

Minhyuk doesn’t know exactly when did their relationship became this strained. They used to be close when they were young. Byulyi was almost everything to him, he was protective over his little sister.

Things started to change when Byulyi’s mother left them. Byulyi changed since then. She refused to talk to anyone, she even wanted to leave everyone to find her mother in another world, including him. That was when he was furious. He was angry at Byulyi for wanting to leave him, back then he was too young to understand everything. He too was going through his puberty, he was angry every single day. He chose fights and drugs, he was upset he could be that easily forgotten by Byulyi.

Their Father didn’t give a damn about him either. He tried to get his attention, but he failed because their Father was obsessed with saving Byulyi. He saw how their Father tried every single methods and ways to get Byulyi to just talk, he saw how their Father smiled simply because Byulyi ate something. He could never get that smile from their Father. That was when he realised their Father, his Father, had forgotten about him too.

He began to harbour his hatred towards Byulyi, he felt that everything that he once had was lost because of her. Byulyi’s change had made the entire family change. He lost his Father, he lost his younger sister, the smiles and the love he once had, was all gone. Because of Byulyi.

When Byulyi was being sent overseas, he was happy. Without her, they could be a happy family again. Their Father would change his focus to him. That was what his own Mother told him back then.

 

“I don’t want to do it…” Minhyuk muffled through with his face against the pillow. His Mother was on his bed, trying to convince him.

“Hyukie, come on. Listen to Mom just this once. It’s not your fault, everything that happened was never your fault, it was Byulyi and her mother. Now that she’s gone, our family can be happy again. You’re the only hope that Mom has right now… can you do it for me, please?”

 

Minhyuk softened. It was the first time his Mother had asked him for his help. He never knew about infidelity when he was young. He thought every man has more than one wife, it never seemed that his mother and Byulyi’s mother never got along either. Though he only saw that both of them never really hang out together in their free times. Their mothers didn’t stop them from playing together either, instead sometimes he saw both of their mothers laughed when he and Byulyi was making a fool out of themselves.

Now that he was older, he knew it wasn’t right to have more than one wife. He felt anger for his own Mother. He wanted to take back what was rightful for his Mother. Since their Father couldn’t give his Mother the love that she deserves, he felt that it should be rightful that the Moon Group should at least belong to his Mother.

He changed his ways, he stopped fighting and quitted his drugs. He studied hard to get his business and management degree, he went into their family business to help his Father manage his workload. 

Despite working day and night trying to gain his Father’s approval, Minhyuk lost all faith when Byulyi came back. Their Father never once showed his affectionate towards him, despite how much money he brought in for the Moon Group. He even felt that he was obligated to put in that much effort.

His heart shattered after the first family dinner they had together when Byulyi came back.

 

 

“So Byulyi, how was your studies overseas?” Their Father had spoken first.

Their dinner had been a quiet one, only the cutleries brushing against the ceramics’ plates could be heard.

“It was good.” Byulyi simply replied as she took another piece of steak into . 

“Now that you’re back, do you want to consider joining the family business as well?” Their Father asked. Minhyuk noticed their Father’s eyes was hopeful, yet his tone was careful as though he was afraid of Byulyi snapping. “Or if you liked a longer break you can-”

“Sure.” Byulyi responded candidly.

“You will?” Minhyuk blurted out as he was surprised how Byulyi agreed immediately. He turned to look at their Father where he saw that he could hardly hide his happiness on his face.

Byulyi nodded her head subtly, and continued cutting her steak.

“That’s great! Is there any department you wish to head? Or how about you join the board of directors immediately?” Minhyuk noticed the enthusiasm in their Father’s tone, he was definitely upset. He didn’t receive such offers back then when he decided to join the family business.

“Neither. I have two conditions though.”

“State them. You can have them as long as it’s within the means.” Minhyuk gripped his utensils tightly as soon as he heard these, he tried hard to keep his composure and his expression.

“I’m choosing my own team. I’m choosing the department which I want to join. I’ll let you know after a week.”  

 

 

Minhyuk thought that perhaps if their Father was fairer towards him, he wouldn’t felt that bitter about everything, the hatred and resentment towards her.

He rested his chin on top of his crossed hands above the table as he looked at the paparazzi photos.

“Well, this is interesting.” Minhyuk murmured to himself. “It seems like it didn’t work then? Is that why you’re here, Mr…?” Minhyuk looked up at the person seated across him.

“Shin. Shin Jaehwan.”

Minhyuk eyed him carefully, he noticed how he was seated comfortably leaning against the chair. He looked as though he had no fear, instead he was smug.

“What can I do for you, Mr Shin? Or should I address you as, Reporter Shin?” Minhyuk sat back and ed his blazer.

“Should I be grateful that Mr Moon here knows someone like me?” Reporter Shin sarcastically remarked, Minhyuk found disgust in his tone.

“It’s not an everyday thing which my younger sister gets someone fired over… something trivial. You should be even honored she even bothers to get you fired.” Minhyuk spat out in disgust.

Minhyuk found out about the incident which Byulyi personally got involve in another company’s employee. It wasn’t Byulyi’s character to mobilise her influence to make someone lose his job, unless it was really a big deal. Words travel fast, especially in the news industry. That was how Minhyuk got his interests into the issue. Which was how he found out there might be something going on between Byulyi and Yongsun.

Reporter Shin slammed his fists on the table as he shifted himself forward close to Minhyuk.

“But I wasn’t wrong, am I? Mighty VP of the Moon Group is a lesbian, in an adultery relationship with a small actress. Which is why the Moon Group even invested in that small company.”

“And you’re telling me this because?” Minhyuk raised his brows.

“I heard you’re not on good terms with your little sister. I can help you with that.”

“And what makes you think that you’re even fit to be talking to me? For one you already made my sister believe that I was the one who instigated for these photos.” Minhyuk gestured to the photos on his table. “I have better things to work on instead of these dirty little tricks.”

“How about for a start, making the Lee Corporation nullify their wedding with her?” There was a tone of confidence in Reporter Shin’s words.

Minhyuk gathered his thoughts awhile.

 

“Now you don’t sound like a dog barking.”

 

***

 

“Thank you, Miss Moon. For your cooperation.” Hyunsik slightly bowed as he stood up.

“My pleasure. If there’s anything else please do not hesitate to contact my secretary.” Byulyi smiled.

“As long as the Moon Group’s taxes are transparent, I will never appear infront of you.” Hyunsik adjusted his tie and buttoned up his blazer. An arrogant act to Byulyi which made her felt that he was challenging her.

“Let me send you out.” Byulyi gestured with her hand as she showed her to the door.

 

The silence filled the air as they waited for the elevator together. There were no one else as the entire floor was only dedicated to Byulyi’s office.

“So, how’s Yongsun?” Hyunsik’s tone was casual, as though it was a common topic between them.

“I do not remember talking anything else with you other than taxes.” Byulyi continued looking at the number moving slowly on top of the elevator.

“As her ex-boyfriend, I believe I’m senior enough to talk to you about her.” He was way too confident for Byulyi’s liking.

Byulyi puffed out a breath of air towards her fringe, she brushed through her fringe and combed it backwards with her hand before she turned to look at Hyunsik. She furrowed her brow and gave Hyunsik a look, urging him to continue what he wanted to say.

“I met up with Yongsun last night.” A news which was new to Byulyi, the day which they broke up. She tried her best to remain nonchalant, not wanting to give Hyunsik the ego he wants.

“She looks like , to be honest. I’ve never seen her that upset before, not even once during our long years of relationship together.” Byulyi was actually proud, that meant that she was definitely more important to Yongsun, as compared to Hyunsik.

Immediately afterwards, her heart sank. That would mean Yongsun didn’t want to break up at all, right? She couldn’t understand then, why was Yongsun so adamant about ending it between them, when she would be this upset?

“You’re not suitable for her.” Hyunsik continued on, Byulyi started to wonder if she should call up the technicians or replace their entire elevator system. It was taking way too long. Or maybe she should start moving her entire office back to her house so she doesn’t need to step into the Moon Group unl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter