Which number?

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Yongsun brought Yonghye’s contract to the company and looked for Eric. “Oppa, can you get our lawyer to look through this contract, please ask him to see if we could somehow avoid to compensate them the 3 million dollars, I might just decide to go to court over this”

Eric looked at her confused. “What happened, Yonghye is really resigning, why? She’s doing well, the salary is high, why the sudden decision to resign? You even have the intentions to go to court? Do you really have to do that? I could just speak to my junior and ask her to take good care of Yonghye.”

“Can you please just get our lawyer to look at it first? There are some things you don’t understand. I’ll tell you next time. Have you booked my cab for me? I want to get to the set earlier to prepare since I didn’t have time to read through my scripts last night.” Yongsun started packing all her necessities in the pantry.

Eric sighed and walk over to Yongsun. “I’m sorry Yongsun, if only we weren’t this short-handed here I should be going with you on set and not let you go alone. I did try to fight and at least get you a car…” Yongsun looked up at him, gave him a soft smile. “You don’t have to be sorry, we all know that it’s because I’m still a supporting role here. How could they just send a manager or even a car when there are other artistes in this company who have a lead role and needs them more? I’m not an idol either.” Eric put his hands on her shoulders and give a short squeeze. “Perhaps sometimes you shouldn’t be so considerate and independent, so that the company will take care of you more.”

Yongsun laughed out loud and continue to pack her things. Teabags, biscuits, wet tissues, one by one she packed them into her rainbow tote bag.

“Why do you need to bring so many things? Isn’t it just three scenes today?”

“This is a pilot project, if it turns out well they’ll make it into a blockbuster drama. But due to the limited budget they have… they could only afford you for 3 days. But it’s really a good exposure and experience! If it turns out well you’ll be the female lead in the blockbuster drama! Please!” Yongsun imitated his begging and excited tone when he told her about this production last week.  

“Are you even my manager? Aren’t you the one who told me this. Did you forget about this? I’m practically going to be sleeping on set for the next 3 days. By the way, where’s the sleeping bag?” Yongsun started to open every single cabin looking for the sleeping bag.

Eric slapped his forehead. “I think I really do not deserve to be your manager. Hehehehe!” He smirked.

“What?”

“I forgot to inform you that this morning the production team called me. They said that in consideration of your health and wanting you to be in tip-top condition, they decided to spread out your scenes evenly! Thus, you will only be having 3 scenes today.”

“And what happens to their budget? I could just stick to 3 days you know”

“Uh, should that even be in your consideration? I told you to stop being considerate towards others!”

“I’m just curious. Hopefully they don’t use the budget from the food just to afford me. I still need my rice.” Yongsun took her bag and scripts, waved goodbye to Eric and got onto the cab waiting outside the company.

 

 

“Oh, Yongsun-ah you’re here!”

“Hello Director Lee” Yongsun bowed and greeted the director.

“Thanks for agreeing to do this! It’s my first time as a director, my script writer and I fought very hard trying to convince your company to allow us to cast you in this! But they told us that the money offered is too low and it’s impossible for them to agree to have you for a week. We managed to convince them we’ll finish your scenes in 3 days though since I believe you could do it! But, here’s a secret! I heard we managed to get an investor, so right now we don’t have to worry about money!” Director Lee explained to Yongsun.

Yongsun made a mental note to herself to make sure that she looks for the marketing team at the company after this production. As much as she love her marketing team, they’re either trying to kill Yongsun's health thinking she could finish these scenes within 3 days, or kill her image to make others think that she'd reject any production that can't afford to pay her.

 “Thank you so much for casting me, I’m greatly honored to be in this production. Congratulations on your promotion to a Director! It seems just yesterday that you were still an Assistant Director running around the set!” Yongsun recalled a few months back when Director Lee was still an Assistant Director. They both clicked quite well since they were both have similar tastes in films and dramas. Seeing that now he had already been promoted to a Director, Yongsun wondered when will it be her turn to be promoted to a lead actress.

“Oh, she’s here!” Director Lee exclaimed.

Yongsun turned around and saw a black limousine SUV, it was Irene from Red Velvet. What is she doing here?

“Irene agreed to do this when we approached her. She’ll be a cameo in one of the scene, she's the singer in the scene where you’ll see her on the stage and get inspired to be a singer.” As though he could read her mind, Director Lee explained to Yongsun.

Irene came over to greet Director Lee, Yongsun stood up as well. They both caught each other’s eyes and remained silent for a few seconds, before they suddenly went into a deep hug.

“YAH Kim Yongsun! Were you that busy that you can’t contact me at all?” Irene exclaimed while hitting Yongsun's back hardly.

“That hurts! That hurts!” Yongsun whined in pain.

They let go of each other and started laughing.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been really busy these few weeks. Why did you agree to do this though?”

“I didn’t intend to initially. But when I heard you’re being casted as the female lead, I agreed immediately. I could see you and we could work together! And I get to be the one to inspire you to be a singer, I get to be your inspiration!”

“Right, that’s why you’re here.” Yongsun rolled her eyes.

Irene gave her a death stare.

“Alright girls, let’s get this started! We have a long day to go!” Director Lee said at the side. With that, both of started scrambling to the waiting room to do their makeup and change into the outfits. As they walk towards the waiting room, a group of people in suits left the waiting room. As they got closer to each other, Yongsun noticed that it was Moon Byulyi and her usual group of followers behind her. She was talking on her phone softly, and had no intentions to make any eye contact with Yongsun. She turned her head towards Irene and continued to talk to her, pretending that she didn’t see Moon Byulyi. "Alright I'm sorry I'm sorry, I'm coming over right now this instance" Yongsun could only hear this phrase as they passed by each other, Yongsun wondered what kind of person is on the other side of the line that could make the cold and indifferent Moon Byulyi to be this sorry. 

It was fun working with a team of staffs and casts that you’re already used to. Yongsun got closer to Irene last year when they met at a drama awards show, she was there with her group for a performance, Yongsun was there too when she got nominated for a supporting role. They found out that they were both same age and thus they started to talk a lot during the show. It tends to be boring in an award show.

Time flies when you’re working hard and having fun at the same time. Before Yongsun knew it, they were done for the day.

“And, CUT! Good job everyone, it’s a wrap” Director Lee shouted.

Yongsun started going around bowing and thanking every staff for their hard work for today. Walking back towards the resting area where their stuffs were, she 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter