This beautiful girl

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Unnie, is this scene for real?” Wheein asked as she reads through Yongsun’s script. Sipping on her coffee while scrolling through her phone, Yongsun looks up at Wheein before she glanced a look at what Wheein was reading.

“Yeah. But I doubt it’s going to be a real slap.” Yongsun goes back to scrolling her phone. Yongsun was already ready on set, the night before she would already have memorized all her lines and ready to shoot immediately on set.

“Why do I get the feeling that she’s going to slap you for real?” Wheein asked once again, she was worried for Yongsun.

“You’re thinking too much, that would be too extreme. Besides, we have continuity issues. What if she slaps too hard and it becomes so red that we can’t take another angle? Makeup can’t conceal everything you know.”

 

 

“Scene 21, take 1”

“Ready, and action!”

Jaeyoung: What were you doing with my boyfriend last night? Were you trying to seduce him?

Seduce? Since when was there even this line, an adlib? Yongsun couldn’t really understand what was Jaeyoung trying to do, but she decided that she would just do her own job properly.

Yongsun: We were just talking about work, you’re reading way too much into this.

Jaeyoung: Really? You looked like you wanted to get into bed with him.

 

Ok, this is getting way too much. Yongsun felt like Jaeyoung was starting to get personal on this, but before she could say anything, the director called for a cut.

“Cut. Yah Jaeyoung, what are you saying? Did you even read your script? Where did all those lines come from?”

Jaeyoung slightly let out a shy smile, pretending to be innocent. “Omo! Sorry Director, I’ve been hearing so much news about a certain female actress sleeping her way up. And this scene with Yongsun-ssi here reminds me of that news, sorry!”

Yongsun was trying to remember how to breath, being unable to speak, totally stunned as soon as she heard what Jaeyoung said. From her side eyeline, she could see Wheein’s face flaring red, eyes widen.

“Yah still, be more professional will you? We’re all waiting on you here. Let’s go, get ready.”

 

“Scene 21, take 2”

“On cue, and action!”

Jaeyoung: What were you doing with my boyfriend last night? Are you interested in him?

Yongsun: We were just talking about work, you’re reading way too much into this.

Soon after this line, Jaeyoung raises her hand which meant that she would be giving a slap towards Yongsun. Upon seeing this, Yongsun got ready herself, she was going to follow Jaeyoung’s action and create a “fake” slap scene. She done this many times, she just had to time properly when was Jaeyoung’s hand coming down.

Just after the action, Jaeyoung suddenly exclaimed with disgustingly cute tone.

“Director! I’d actually think this action is very weird, don’t you think?” Yongsun looked up at Jaeyoung with a confused face.

“What’s weird about it?”

“Don’t you think I should actually do a real slap?” Jaeyoung remarked. Everyone froze on set, including Yongsun herself.

“I don’t think that’s necessary, this is just a wide shot. I’m thinking of using a close up shot for the slap.”

“Well, I think we should do a real one, it would look more real. The public has been constantly criticizing that these slapping scenes all looked so fake. You wouldn’t want your first drama as a director to be criticize don’t you?”

Yongsun could see that the director was struggling with his inner-self, she decided to be a kind soul.

“Yeah, let’s just do that. Let’s go with a real slap.” Yongsun then immediately shot a look to Wheein, eyeing her to not say anything. Wheein was already fuming mad, but she couldn’t do anything since Yongsun was the one who suggested it herself.

The director was in shock himself. “Yongsun-ah, you don’t have to. I think that take just now was fine, we should get on with the next take.”

“I think Yongsun-ssi is professional enough to do it.” Jaeyoung added fuel to the fire.

“I’m fine with it Director, let’s not waste any more time.”

The director nodded, and gets the set ready for another take.

“Should Jaeyoung-ssi remove her ring? It might accidentally hurt Yongsun-ssi.” The stylist at the side asked.

The director nodded, and gestured for the stylist to go ahead.

“Oh no. I’ve already worn this for another scene, there would be continuity issues. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to be careful, afterall Yongsun-ssi needs her face to be intact to attract people.”

Yongsun felt Jaeyoung’s sarcasm once again, her face stiffened. “Come on, let’s do this.” Yongsun was tired of the delay, she just wanted to quickly end this scene and go home. 

 

“Scene 21, take 3!”

Jaeyoung: What were you doing with my boyfriend last night? Are you interested in him?

Yongsun: We were just talking about work, you’re reading way too much into this.

The slap was as loud as a clap and stung Yongsun’s face. It had been an open-handed smack and it had left a slightly red welt behind. Yongsun’s hair flipped over, covering her face entirely.

“Argh, Director, Yongsun-ssi’s hair totally covered her face. I can’t even see her face how am I supposed to continue acting?”

The director sighed and called for another take, Wheein was clenching the bottle of water in her hands as tightly as she could. It feels like the bottle is about to explode.

 

“Scene 21, take 4!”

Another slap was connected to Yongsun’s cheek.

“Ops, Director, can we have another take? My expression and tone is wrong.”

Yongsun clenched her fist tightly, she was sure that Jaeyoung is already taking revenge for what happened in the makeup room just now.

“Yah Jaeyong, this better be the last take. I’m really fed up right now. Makeup, please touch up Yongsun’s face.” Jaeyoung nodded innocently, Wheein was sure that she was about to puke from Jaeyoung’s face.

 

  “Scene 21, take 5!”

This time, the slap was harder, there was even a hard sound from it. Yongsun felt something warm and salty on her lips, she was bleeding. The ring on Jaeyoung’s hand had hit her lips towards her teeth.

“Omo! Unnie!” Wheein quickly rushed over to Yongsun’s side and quickly stopped the bleeding with a tissue. “Are you alright? Does it hurt? That !” Wheein was fussing over Yongsun, Yongsun took over the tissue and slightly put pressure on her lips. From behind Wheein, she saw Moon Byulyi and her followers.

“Wheein…” Yongsun slowly said, her hand slightly lowered, no longer putting pressure on her lips.

“Yes? Do you need anything? I’m here.” Wheein answered immediately, glancing at Yongsun. She followed Yongsun’s gaze and saw Byulyi and her followers as well.

“Oh… They arrived just 10 minutes ago. They’re here to settle the reporters, I don’t know why Byulyi unnie came personally though.” Wheein explained as she took back the tissue from Yongsun and gently continues to apply some pressure to stop the bleeding.

Yongsun didn’t respond, she was still looking at Byulyi. It had been 2 days since she last saw Byulyi that night, she still looked the same, her silver hair stood out in the crowd. Her gaze on Yongsun was so soft, Yongsun felt like her knees could give away anytime soon. Suddenly she was embarrassed, to think Byulyi had to see her in this state.

“Yongsun-ah, let’s take ten.” The Director shouted. Yongsun and Wheein nodded. Yongsun looked back at Byulyi again, they were gone. Sighing, Yongsun was disappointed that Byulyi didn’t even come over to show some concern for her. Afterall they were almost technically under the same company now. Then again, she’s the mighty VP of Moon Group, she’s just a small supporting role.

The makeup artist came over to Yongsun and started touching up her face, trying to conceal the reddish marks on her face.

 

“Scene 21, take 6!”

Jaeyoung’s hand cracks across Yongsun’s face, Yongsun was slightly pushed backwards due to the force of the slap. The force was much greater than the previous few.

“Argh Director, Yongsun-ssi moved from her spot. How am I supposed to even continue?”

Yongsun brings up her hand to her slightly swollen cheek. She felt so wronged and upset, a single tear ran from her unblinking eyes and dripped steadily onto her top. Yongsun quickly wipe her face dry, hoping that no one seen it.

“Yah Seo Jaeyoung, are you done with this? If you don’t know how to act properly maybe Yongsun should show you. Yongsun-ah, do you know Jaeyoung’s lines?” The director asked. Both Yongsun and Jaeyoung looked at the Director with a stunned face.

“Ye-yes… I do…” Yongsun slightly stammered.

“Good. Then show Jaeyoung how to act. You’ll say her lines, Jaeyoung you’ll say Yongsun’s lines.”

“B-but Director… I-I…” Jaeyoung’s face was full of fear, she was eyeing at her manager but her manager simply avoided her eyes.

“Don’t worry Jaeyoung, Yongsun is in this industry longer than you, surely you’ll learn a thing or so from her. Watch carefully how does Yongsun do it. Let’s go everyone.”

 

“Scene 21, take 7!”

Yongsun: What were you doing with my boyfriend last night? Are you interested in him?

Jaeyoung: We were just talking about work, you’re reading way too much into this.

As soon as Jaeyoung finished her lines, Yongsun raised her hand, Jaeyoung shut her eyes tightly, waiting for the impact. Yongsun was really angry, she was angry at Jaeyoung at being personal towards at her. She wants to pay back to Jaeyoung for what she did to her.

Yongsun: Good. I’m glad I clarified this with you. We should always never listen to rumors.

 

From a corner, Byulyi and her followers were looking at all of this.

“Unnie, should I talk to the director again?” Hyejin asked softly.

Byulyi raised her hand slightly, and smiled. Hyejin nodded and stepped back, they continued watching the set.

“Director, sorry, can I go to the washroom for awhile?” Yongsun asked.

Jaeyoung opened her eyes, she was dumbfounded. She thought that Yongsun was going to slap her real hard. She wanted to say something, but before she could, Yongsun left.

 

“Unnie, why didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter