Aftermath

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Get your hands away from me!" Yongsun exclaimed, pushing Byulyi away from her. 

Refusing to give up, Byulyi reached out and held Yongsun's hands tightly. “You're not leaving until you tell me where you were.”

"Why do you care where am I?"

"Because I get worried when I don't see you! I get worried when you're out of my sight! I worry every day, every hour, minute and second! I can't protect you when you're not in my sight!" She finally said what's on her mind after keeping it in for so long.

Yongsun paused for a few seconds, before she went soft. "What... what do you mean…"

 

"Is it really that hard to tell that, I really like you?"

Yongsun was still in a daze, staring aimlessly.

"CUT!"

Yongsun came to her senses, she looked around at her surroundings and realised she had just dazed out. She was in a filming set right now, filming a scene in which Byulyi had helped her practiced before.

"Yongsun-ssi, are you alright?" Her male co-actor, Taehyuk, gently nudging her on her shoulder.

"Ye-yes, I'm really sorry!" Yongsun gave a deep bow. "I'm really sorry everyone!"

"It's alright, you've must really tired. We're the ones sorry instead for calling you here last minute." The director came forward and apologised.

Yongsun wasn't supposed to have a shoot today, but the production team contacted her this morning at 0600am asking if she could come down in an hour to shoot her last scene for the entire show. This scene is finale of her current production, ‘Moment with the Sun’. After today she would finally complete her first drama as the first female lead.

Despite just having a breakup with Byulyi last night, she decided to turn up hoping the filming could take things off her mind for a moment. Instead, Yongsun felt like the decision backfired on her. She felt like she was dragging the entire production now.

"Let's take a 10 minutes break everyone! Yongsun-ssi got us a coffee truck. Please get your coffee dose!" The assistant director exclaimed, not forgetting to give his thanks to Yongsun as he passed by her.

"I got a what?" Before Yongsun could get an answer, Wheein came by and ushered Yongsun into her personal trailer.

 

"It's Byulyi isn't it?" Yongsun asked the moment she sat down on her chair, looking at the different kinds of drinks displayed in front of her for her to choose. She chose one and sipped a small mouth, before turning to look at Wheein who was standing close by, awkwardly.

"Well, yeah." Wheein fidgeted about on the spot and scratched her head. "It's normal isn't it? Ha-ha. She's trying to make it up to you, it's normal for couples to have arguments here and there." Wheein wasn't aware of their breakup.

"I mean, Byulyi unnie can be quite bad at expressing her thoughts. So maybe the two of you-"

"We broke up." Yongsun spilled.

"Shouldn't broke- YOU BROKE UP?" Wheein widened her eyes. She quickly moved towards Yongsun and knelt down beside her. "Oh my god, are you okay?" She put one of her hand on top of Yongsun's knee, caressing it gently.

The gentle touch from Wheein triggered the emotions she tried so hard to keep it in her heart. Her eyes were slowly going blur, yet she tried to keep up a strong front.

"Yeah, come on. It's just a breakup. It's not like I've hadn't had a breakup before." Yongsun's voice cracked.

Wheein stared at Yongsun, seeing her tears flowed down her cheeks as she spoke.

"Whee… Wheein," Yongsun stammered as she tried to keep herself together, but she could no longer hold back her emotions. The earlier scene on set once again triggered her moments with Byulyi, she suddenly remembered that day.

 

Yongsun paused for a few seconds, before she went soft. "What... what do you mean…"

"Is it really that hard to tell that, I really love you a lot?"

Yongsun paused for a second, before she gently hit Byulyi on her shoulder. "Hey, you can't change the lines like that. It's like, not love."

Byulyi chuckled lightly before she leaned back on the sofa. "Well, I'm not your co-actor. I'm your girlfriend, and that gives me the right to say a different line." Byulyi leaned her head against the sofa and turned to look at Yongsun. She saw how Yongsun was immersed in reading the script again. "I really love you, Yongsun." She can't help but to emphasis it again.

Yongsun looked up and smiled softly, "I love you too, Byulyi."

"And I really mean what I've said earlier, too."

"That love you me?"

"That is an always. But I meant I get worried when I don't see you, I can't protect you when I can't see you." Here we go again, Yongsun thought. Byulyi had been trying to get Yongsun to move in with her but Yongsun refused to since she still had her younger siblings.

"No Byulyi, we've talked about this before. I meant it back then and I still mean it now." Yongsun was firm.

Byulyi sighed internally before she moved closer to Yongsun and hid her face in her neck. She moved her face about, trying to appeal to Yongsun. "It doesn't work this way, Miss Moon." Yongsun brought her attention back to her script.

"And I really hate it when you call me that." Byulyi's muffled voice came about as she was still hiding her face in Yongsun's neck.

"Come on, I always tell you my whereabouts. What else are you worried about. I should be more worried about you."

"Me? What do I worry you about?" Byulyi got up and look at Yongsun.

"You're always either overseas, or having business meals with influential people. They're either handsome or pretty, who knows maybe you're cheating or hiding something from me." Yongsun casually joked as she continued looking at her script.

Byulyi was silent, she contemplated for a moment and she her lips. "You just need to know that, I really love you. I’ll do everything to protect you. Will you still trust me? Even if it means hiding some things away from you… it's really just to protect you..." Byulyi was soft in her words, as she wasn't sure what reaction Yongsun would give. She didn't dare to look up at Yongsun, but she felt Yongsun putting down her script, she could feel Yongsun's gaze shifted on her. She felt Yongsun's hands held hers gently, "Byul?" She looked up and saw the most beautiful eyes ever.

"I'd trust you with my life." Yongsun believes Byulyi, she trusts her. She doesn't have a reason not to, not after everything what Byulyi did for her.

What Yongsun didn't trust and believe instead, was herself. Which was the consequences of the current reality.

 

Yongsun finally realised what had Byulyi meant back then when she said she had to hide some things away from her. It was all just to protect her. It made her feel more pained, knowing that she was the one who pushed Byulyi away once again. But what's done was done, she would still do even if she was given a chance to redo. She can't risk having Byulyi to give up everything that she had been working for throughout her entire life just for her. It doesn't make sense to Yongsun, neither does she feels it's worth it. She's not worth that much.

"Whee… Wheein," Yongsun mustered all her strength to talk, "I'm sorry… but it really hurts. It hurts so much." Yongsun broke into tears. She felt an immense pain in her heart and she felt like she couldn't breathe. She bawled her eyes out and reached out towards Wheein.

Wheein quickly got up and hugged Yongsun tightly. She doesn't say anything except to gently pat Yongsun's back, urging her to relieve her emotions.

 

***

 

"And, CUT! It's a wrap, thank you everyone!" The director called out. Everyone clapped and gave each other a pat on the back.

"Thank you everyone!" Yongsun called out as she accepted a piece of tissue from her makeup artist. Her eyes were swollen from crying, her nose was red like Rudolph.

"Thank you so much for the emotions in this scene, Yongsun-ssi." Taehyuk held out his hand for a handshake in which Yongsun gladly accepted. "It was nothing, really." Yongsun bashfully replied.

Taehyuk took a piece of tissue as well and blew his nose. The scene wasn't supposed to end with two of them crying, but Taehyuk couldn't hold back his emotions either when Yongsun suddenly cried, there was no cut from the director as well thus they both went on with the flow.

"You're really amazing!" The director came towards the two actors. The two actors slightly bowed and thanked the director for guiding them throughout the show.

"You don't need a different shot?" Yongsun asked. It was one long jimmy jib shot, usually they would require close up shots but the director decided to forgo it.

"No! It's amazing as it is. How did you even think of crying? I thought it would be happy since the both of you finally got together after all the obstacles you both went through." The director was genuinely asking.

"Some relationships are bittersweet…" Yongsun murmured to herself, but everyone heard it. It felt like Yongsun was hinting to something else instead, and everyone caught it. The awkward atmosphere was cut off by Wheein's cheerful tone thanking everyone.

"Well! I'll see you at the wrap party tonight and also next week for the press conference!" The director quickly made his exit.

 

 

The next day, Yongsun forced herself to go to the company. Despite having a few days break before she gets busy again, she decided to go to her work studio to check out some scripts that was sent to her. She felt bad towards Wheein for agreeing to so many projects on her own, creating a pile of scripts that were pending her look-through.

The sooner she can look through the scripts, the sooner she can get Wheein to confirm with the production teams that were waiting for her to discuss the scripts. Maybe she could even reject some productions if the script weren't what she had expected initially.

As she walked past the Starbucks near her company, Yongsun forced herself not to look through the windows, even though she knew that she would no longer see her. Still distracted, she crossed the road without looking at the traffic lights. A motorbike brushed past her closely and quickly came to a stop when Yongsun fell backwards.

The rider quickly got off his bike and went to help Yongsun to the roadside. Then he quickly went back to the road and retrieved his bike.

"Hey hey, are you alright?" A young lad called out as he took off his helmet. Yongsun checked her limbs and brushed off some dirt on her elbows. "Yeah I guess. I'm sorry." Yongsun apologised as soon as their eyes meet. She suddenly felt like she's seen this person before.

"Yeah you should be sorry, you almost got yourself hit. You should be sorry to yourself." He joked as he examined Yongsun carefully. "Have we met before?"

The question definitely caught Yongsun off guard. 

"Oh! You're Kim Yongsun, aren't you? You're from the company that the Moon Group invested in! RB…" The young lad was obviously struggling to remember the name, Yongsun decided to help him out.

"RBW Entertainment. Yes, I'm Kim Yongsun. Do I know you?" Yongsun wants to find out who is this familiar guy.

"Yes RBW! And no, but isn't it normal though?” The young lad looked back at Yongsun amused.

“What is normal?” Yongsun questioned back.

The young lad laughed, Yongsun finally realised where she had seen him. She hoped it was a mistake, it was just a similar resemblance.

“I m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter