The Future

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon returning to her room, Yongsun finds her luggage neatly packed. Byulyi’s blazer was hung up neatly on the rack. Heading towards the washroom, Yongsun washes up quickly. Looking at her own reflection in the mirror, once again she wonders about the future of her and Byulyi. Several knocks on the door snaps her out of her thoughts, quickly she wiped her face and head towards the door. She was greeted by a face that was ever so soft, Byulyi stood in front of her in a simple white shirt and black stripped pants. After a few seconds of pauses, Byulyi looked into her room before looking back at Yongsun. “Are you ready?”

Without waiting for Yongsun, Byulyi lets herself in, walking towards the direction of Yongsun’s luggage. Yongsun quickly tagged behind her, “Hey I can handle it myself.”

Byulyi ignored Yongsun and lifted the handle of Yongsun’s luggage and pulled it towards the door. Yongsun then held Byulyi’s wrist gently, which only then made Byulyi stopped. “Yes?”

Yongsun gave Byulyi a soft smile, then she heads over to where Byulyi’s blazer is being hung. Removing the hanger, she heads back to Byulyi and turn her over. Byulyi didn’t say anything but to allow herself to be led by Yongsun’s hands. Gently, Yongsun puts on the blazer on Byulyi before she turns her back and adjusted the blazer.

“I can get used to this.” Byulyi comments as she looks at Yongsun adjusting her blazer on her.

Yongsun swipes off some dust on Byulyi’s shoulders, “No you can’t.” She cheekily remarked and smiled. A smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through Byulyi. She grabs hold of Yongsun’s hand on her shoulder, before intertwining their hands together. “Yes I am.”

 

***

 

As the lift reaches the first floor, Yongsun tries to reach out for the handle of her luggage but was once again stopped by Byulyi. “Let me hold it myself, it’s not nice for you to hold it.”

“Nope, your hands are only meant for holding my hands.” Byulyi shakes her head and drags both Yongsun and her luggage out of the lift. Upon exiting the lift, Hyunkyu was already on standby. As he sees Byulyi holding Yongsun’s luggage, he quickly took over the luggage.

“Would you follow Hyunkyu first to the car?” Byulyi gestured for Hyunkyu to lead Yongsun ahead.

Looking around, Yongsun couldn’t find Wheein. “Where’s Wheein? Is she with Hyejin?”

“Yes, I told Hyejin to bring Wheein to the airport first.” Byulyi then nudged Yongsun ahead to follow Hyunkyu.

Following Hyunkyu, they arrived at the entrance where a black limousine car was parked. Hyunkyu opened the back door and gestured for Yongsun to go in while he went to load Yongsun’s luggage in the car boot. From inside the car, Yongsun could see that Byulyi is still entertaining some officials from yesterday, most likely bidding goodbyes to them. After what seemed ages to Yongsun, Byulyi joined Yongsun in the car and the car heads off to the dock where they would take their seaplane.

Even though the car trip was short, it didn’t stop Byulyi from holding Yongsun’s hands once again and put in on her own thigh. Yongsun couldn’t look at Byulyi as she was in embarrassment, however the smile on her face was hanging on throughout the car trip. Neither did Byulyi looked at Yongsun, both of them just looked at the scenery outside from their respective windows.

 

***

 

Upon reaching the dock, Yongsun was in awe. It wasn’t the same seaplane that she took when she arrived in Maldives, instead it was a luxury private chartered seaplane. Entering the seaplane, the seats were in leather-made sofa like seats. Yet what disappointed Yongsun was that the seats were in single file rows on either side, instead of together. She sighed softly before heading to one of the seat and sat down. Byulyi heard Yongsun sighing, but she didn’t say anything and proceeded to another seat right beside Yongsun and sat down. Observing Yongsun’s expression, she could see that Yongsun was upset at something, she was pouting.

“Is anything the matter?” Byulyi asked while she looks at Yongsun buckling her seatbelt.

“Nothing.” Yongsun replied to Byulyi, before looking out at the window. “Maybe next time they should either increase the width of this seat slightly, or decrease the size of it so they can put two seats together.” Yongsun mumbled to herself, apparently it was loud enough to be heard by Byulyi.

Chuckling to herself, Byulyi looks at Yongsun in amusement. She stood up and head towards Yongsun, swiftly she unbuckled Yongsun’s seatbelt and forcefully placed herself into the seat.

“What are you doing?” Yongsun shifted herself close to the window as Byulyi squeezed in.

Thankfully the two of them weren’t that big sized, they managed to squeeze into the same seat, even though there was barely any space between them. It wasn’t a problem for Byulyi, in fact she loved that there was zero space between them. On the other hand, Yongsun was stiffed from the sudden closeness between her and Byulyi.

“Didn’t you want to sit with me?” Byulyi looked at Yongsun.

“No, I did not.” Yongsun quickly denied and looked away.

“Why are you always denying what your heart wants, Yongsun?” Byulyi teases Yongsun once again.

“N-no. How are we supposed to buckle the seatbelt now?” Yongsun tried to change the topic.

Byulyi smirked for a while, looking at the girl in front of her blushing right up to her forehead. She then slips a hand across Yongsun’s waist as she leaned forward towards Yongsun, “How about I’ll be your seatbelt?”

Seeing Byulyi’s face right in front of her, Yongsun could feel the heat right up to her face.

“Oh god, I’m sorry.” A sudden appearance by Hyunkyu startled Yongsun as she quickly pushed Byulyi away.

“Er Miss Moon, would you like me to take the seat beside the pilot?” Hyunkyu asked back facing the two of them.

“No! It’s fine. You can just sit here with us.” Yongsun commented quickly.

Hyunkyu then looked at Byulyi whom nodded her head in approval. Hyunkyu then quickly covered his eyes with his fingers, leaving some space in-between so that he could see where he’s going, he headed towards the back of the plane.

Sensing that Byulyi isn’t moving from her spot, Yongsun gently nudged Byulyi with her elbow.

“Yes Yongsun?” Byulyi looks at Yongsun, whom is not looking at her.

“Aren’t you going back to your seat?”

“I’m your seatbelt, where should I be seating other than here?”

Darting her head immediately towards Byulyi, Yongsun could see the mischievous look on Byulyi’s face.

“Are you usually this cheeky?”

“Only towards you.”

“Are you usually this cheesy?”

“Only towards you.”

“Why didn’t I realise it until now?” Yongsun squints her eyes at Byulyi as she goes closer towards her.

Taking the chance, Byulyi puts an arm over Yongsun and pushes her in closer. She plants a soft kiss on Yongsun’s lips, “Because you’re mine now.”

 

***

 

Reaching the airport, Hyejin was already waiting by the entrance alongside with Wheein. A slight smirk could be seen on the both of them, while Yongsun shyly slightly hid behind Byulyi. As Hyejin passed the boarding pass and passport to Byulyi, Wheein followed as well to pass on Yongsun’s to hers, but it was taken over by Byulyi.

Giving a pout, “Sigh, I can’t believe you have someone to help you hold your passport now.” Wheein gave a fake tearing gesture.

“And I can’t believe you have someone else beside you now too, my kid is all grown up.” Yongsun copied Wheein’s fake tearing gesture as well.  

Immediately, Wheein went towards Yongsun and clinged onto her. “Never, don’t even think of ditching me. I’m sticking to you.” Wheein then clung onto Yongsun like a koala. “Like a koala.”

Byulyi and Hyejin chuckled at the weird antics before the two of them. Hyunkyu unloads both Byulyi and Yongsun’s luggage, he then informed Byulyi and went ahead first into the airport. Just as the two were still fooling around, Yongsun felt a soft hand tugging hers, she turns and meets Byulyi’s soft eyes on her.

“Let’s go?”

Yongsun nods and follows Byulyi’s lead, with Hyejin and Wheein behind her.

Just as they walked towards the departure hall, Hyejin and Wheein bids goodbye to Yongsun and heads towards the immigration point, leaving a confused Yongsun still being led by Byulyi towards another area. Upon reaching the First Class lounge area entrance, Yongsun quickly pulled Byulyi to a halt. “I can’t enter from here?”

“I’ve upgraded your flight, Hyejin would be taking Business class with Wheein.” Byulyi wriggles her brows up and down, “I hope this time there isn’t anything for you to cry about?”

Yongsun hits Byulyi’s arms in embarrassment, with a hand Byulyi easily pulls Yongsun into her embrace by her waist. Looking up, Yongsun could see Byulyi’s features so close to her face, she snuggles closer towards Byulyi’s body.

“You really don’t remember me back then? I was the one serving you water, giving you tissues, except that I didn’t lend you my shoulders.” Byulyi asked once again, her face was in an unbelievable state.

Yongsun leans on Byulyi’s shoulders before she encircles one of her arms around Byulyi’s waist. “Perhaps if you lent me your shoulder back then, I might have remembered you.”

Leading the both of them forward into the lounge, Byulyi continues the conversation.

“But I’m so good looking! You shouldn’t be able to forget me.” Byulyi exclaimed in an unbelievable tone.  

“You’re wrong! There are so many more people more good looking than you, just that there are fewer people that have more money than you.” Yongsun then holds up Byulyi’s hand and uses her fingers to write on Byulyi’s hand. “Back then you should have hung a board on yourself, and write ‘I’m very rich’. That way I would never forget you!”

Yongsun sat down on the couch, while Byulyi remained standing. Stamping her feet slightly, “That’s not fair!”

“Why?” Yongsun looks up at Byulyi, whom was pouting.

Suddenly Byulyi bents down towards Yongsun’s face, Yongsun could feel the heat between the both of them as they breathe closely to each other. Byulyi then leans towards Yongsun’s ear, softly, “Because way before you know me, I’ve already fallen for you.”

As Byulyi said these words beside Yongsun’s ears, her breaths tickles Yongsun, which led Yongsun to giggle non-stop.

“Excuse me? I’m being like the sweetest person here and you’re laughing? How rude?” Byulyi crossed her arms and stares at the giggling Yongsun in front of her.

 

***

 

As the flight took off, Byulyi took out her laptop, she then turns towards Yongsun apologetically. “Sorry, I have a board meeting later. I have to sort out the contents about the Maldives project now, I can’t chat with you.”

“It’s okay.” Yongsun sweetly said.

As Byulyi concentrates on her work, Yongsun starts flipping the magazines, then to the entertainment channels. However with Byulyi right beside her, she couldn’t find anything else interesting other than Byulyi.  After several moments, she peeked into Byulyi’s laptop, it was filled in another language.

“Why are you typing in Japanese and Chinese? Are you translating them right now?”

“Yes. We’ll be having video conference with representatives from different countries. Potential investors that might be interested to collaborate with us.”

“How many languages do you know exactly?” Yongsun continues looking at Byulyi’s screen.

Looking at the cute round head infront of her, Byulyi can’t help put to caress Yongsun’s head, “Aieru.”

Turning to look at Byulyi, Yongsun acts out a confused face. “I’m sorry? What does that mean?”

Grinning widely, Byulyi tenderly brushes her fingers against Yongsun’s cheeks. “Wo ai ni (I Love You in Chinese).”

Putting one arm up on the arm rest, Yongsun leans her cheeks on the palm of her hand as she looks at Byulyi. “Please translate.”

Looking at the sparkling eyes in front of her, Byulyi moves her hand from Yongsun’s cheeks towards her nape and pulls her in for a deep soft kiss. “I love you.” Byulyi said smoothly, the baritone of her voice reverberating through Yongsun’s body as Byulyi slides a strong arm over her shoulders.  

 

Rubbing her eyes as soon as she wakes up, Yongsun could already hear Byulyi typing away on her keyboard. Yongsun ended up in Byulyi’s embrace since the seat was wide enough, but she soon fell asleep as fatigue took over her. She was only awaken by the flight’s announcement that they would be landing soon in Seoul. She wakes up in Byulyi’s arms, it seemed that the VP of the Moon Group was still working hard on her documents.

“Hey, had a good sleep?” Yongsun was pleased to be greeted by a luxurious and warm tone as she woke up.

Giving a yawn, she snuggles closer to Byulyi in which Byulyi gladly welcomed. “Yeah. Are you still working on it?”

“I’m almost done soon.” Byulyi could feel Yongsun giving a nod, and there wasn’t any more movements afterwards. She assumed Yongsun must have fallen back into her slumber. Yet it wasn’t long before an air stewardess came up to greet them, “Hi Miss Moon, I’m sorry to disturb you but could Miss Kim here move back to her seat?” Yongsun quickly woke up and flustered for a moment. “Oh, yes sure. I’m sorry.”

“Why?” A cold response came from Byulyi, which startled the stewardess.

“The plane is landing, for all the passenger’s safety they have to buckle up their seat belt in their own seat.”

“Yes yes, I’m sorry. I’ll sit back now.” Yongsun stood up immediately but she was pulled back down by Byulyi, falling into her embrace.

“But I’m your seatbelt, where do you think you’re going?” Byulyi looks innocently at Yongsun.

“You’re insatiable.” Yongsun looks at Byulyi, but immediately flushed red when she realised she used the wrong word.

A small smile played on her lips, Byulyi then forms an O in . “Of course, yesterday’s memory is still fresh in my mind.”

“YAH!”

“Ouch, ow stop!”

 

“On behalf of Korean Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day!”

Yongsun looks outside the window as the plane slowly comes to a stop, their reality, Incheon Airport lies ahead. With the reality in front of her, Yongsun suddenly felt as though her courage is gone. What is she going to do? What’s the price that Yongsun has to pay for this stolen happiness? How would they continue the road ahead in the future? Yongsun can’t help but to drown in these never-ending questions she could never seems to find the answer for.

A warm hand came up to Yongsun’s jawline and gently led it to face Byulyi’s face, Yongsun realised that she seemed to have turned cold throughout her whole body because Byulyi’s hand felt so warm, so comfortable. Gently nudging Yongsun forward to lean on her chest, Byulyi leans her head on top of Yongsun’s head.

“Don’t think about the future, let me think about that.” A tight kissed was pressed onto Yongsun’s forehead. A simple sentence like this touched Yongsun greatly, she looked up at Byulyi for a moment, before she went in for a soft kiss with Byulyi. Despite that, Yongsun was still feeling slightly hopeless. She herself knows clearly in her heart that, regardless who is going to think about the future, one thing for sure is, the reality will not change.

 

***

 

While waiting for their luggage, Byulyi stood close to Yongsun. “Hyunkyu will send you back first later, I have to rush for the meeting later at 7. Let’s have dinner tonight together.”

Yongsun responded with an eye smile and nods. The date is here.

Byulyi carried Yongsun’s luggage down from the luggage belt, Yongsun quickly took over. This time, Byulyi did not reject the offer, as though it’s time to return to their original position, they have to beware of their surroundings. A while later, Hyunkyu along with Hyejin and Wheein appeared with their respective luggage as well.

As the group exited the arrival hall, Byulyi was greeted by the other 3 VROMANCE brothers who exited earlier. Hyunseok took hold of Byulyi’s luggage while Hyunkyu turned to help Yongsun with her luggage. However, before he could do that, Eric came out of nowhere and helped Yongsun with her luggage. He then turned towards Byulyi and offered a handshake. “Miss Moon! Thanks for the hardwork!”  

Byulyi turns to look at Yongsun for a while, before returning the handshake. “Not a problem. Why are you here Eric-ssi?”

“Picking up my girlfriend!” Eric grins happily and turned towards Yongsun, “How is it? Do you feel surprised?”

“What madness are you having? What are you doing here?” Yongsun asked curiously, she wasn’t expecting Eric’s presence here.

Eric gives a frown, he then turns to look at Wheein. “Hey kid, you coming with us?”

Barely keeping her eyes awake, Wheein was almost leaning against Hyejin. “Hmm?” Wheein couldn’t register what was happening in front of her.

“I’ll send her back.” Hyejin offered and gives Byulyi a quick look, whom nodded.

Eric nodded as well before he turned back to Byulyi. “Ok Miss Moon, we’ll take our leave first then. Please have a good day.” He then quickly grabbed Yongsun’s hand and leads her towards the carpark.

As Yongsun shrugged off Eric’s grip on her, she turns her head to take a look at Byulyi, Byulyi was also looking at Yongsun’s departure, her face seemed full of displeasure. There was nothing Yongsun could do, between her and Byulyi, their relationship was a secret. Thus, anyone could intervene between the both of them, Eric, is just a start. As Byulyi’s figure gets smaller and smaller, Yongsun’s frustrations grew bigger and bigger.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter