VIII

72 Friday

Ara could feel her forehead was meeting Chanyeol’s. She looked at him scared and he looked at her deeply, “We need to end closing our private life for each other” Chanyeol looked at her and put his forehead on her forehead. They were so close and Chanyeol looked at her deeply.

 

“Start opening yourself for me even more, and I will open up for you” Chanyeol said.

Ara lift her head and made the skinship between them disappear. “Chanyeol-ssi” Ara looked at her. Chanyeol was shocked when Ara called him formally. He did not know that Ara would step back that far. “You need to think about what you were saying, and tell me if you’re done”. Ara walked away from him, but Chanyeol grabbed her right hand. “What?” She asked.

“You choose him over me?” Chanyeol looked at Ara seriously.

“No, because he had appointment with me since last week, you’re just so busy I don’t want to disturb you, because you said I always disturb you, so it’s better not to tell you” Ara smiled and walked away. She approached S.Coups who were sitting on the place where she sat a while ago.

“Are you done?” S.Coups asked, “is it eally okay for you to come with me?”

“Yeah” Ara smiled. He looked at Chanyeol who looked at them and messed with his hair a little bit, “he’s gonna be fine”

“Did you guys... break up?” S.Coups asked, “do not answer if you don’t feel comfortable”

“Well.. He said no, but I am so sure that we did” Ara smiled bitterly, “we should go now oppa! Where are we gonna eat?” Ara walked away with S.Coups; leaving Chanyeol who had a really messed up night.

 

***

 

Chanyeol went home that night with a very heavy head... and heart.

 

He could not believe that he was being that jealous to S.Coups. and most of all, the reason of him being jealous was because of the girl he was about to break up with. Well, technically, they broke up for several minutes already.

He looked around and saw Suho was lying on the couch with Lay. “Yo! Chanyeol!” Suho smiled and greeted him, “where have you been? It’s still early for you to go home”

“I just don’t feel well” Chanyeol looked around, “is everyone home?”

“Nahh just us,” Lay answered, “why? is everything okay?”

“”I just got back from Ara’s place” said Chanyeol. He sat next to Suho and Lay and threw his phone on the sofa, “I mean from her campus”

“So what happened?” Lay asked again, “did something happened?”

“We broke up” Chanyeol answered. Lay and Chanyeol widened their eyes and focused on Chanyeol immediately.

“Ah I’m sorry man” said Suho.

“But I took it back” Chanyeol continued.

“WHAT?” Lay looked at him, “you broke up with her and you took it back?! What kind of person are you?!” Lay asked.

“Well!...” chanyeol stopped. He could not answer that because he knew it was his fault. “Well I was about to! It would be a huge success if S.coups did not show up a while ago”

 

A silence approach three of them. Seems like they were trying to figure out what was actually happening.

 

“I think you should tell us from the beginning” Suho requested Chanyeol. Chanyeol nodded and started his story.

“So this afternoon, I got a text from Seulgi, asking if I broke up with Ara or not”

“Since when are you close again with her?” Lay got confused, “I thought—“

“Shhh Lay not now” Suho consentrated on Chanyeol’s story, “what happened next?”

“Well, what happened next is I asked Sehun, Baekhyun and Kai that I will break up with Ara, and I went to her campus to tell her about that”

“And then?” Lay asked.

“And I met her there, I told her that I think we should stop” Chanyeol looked at Suho and Lay, “and she make sure that I said that,”

“So you guys broke up?” Suho made a conclusion.

“It’s not done yet, because all of the sudden, S.Coups showed up to pick her up”

“WHAT?”

“Ssh I’m finishing my story” Chanyeol cut the shock between his 2 hyungs, “turns out, they have a session for that night, S.Coups is her friend and he need to talk to her over a dinner”

“Ohh that sounds like a date” Said Suho, “but you guys broke up anyway”

“That’s why, I asked her if she cheat on me or not, but she said it’s not even a date, that Seventeen leader just need someone to talked to”

“Why does it needs to be her?” Lay got confused, “anyway, then, what happened?”

“Then I said I didn’t mean to stop the relationship” Chanyeol answered, “I mean, I got scared of losing her all of the sudden and then I decided to say that to her”. Chanyeol stopped. He did not believe he just said that sentence with his own mouth. He just stated that he was afraid of losing Ara. He didn’t even know why.

“You like her” Lay smirked.

“I did not! Like I say it’s a form of charity for me” Chanyeol denied again.

“Up to you, but now, you’re still stuck with her” Said Suho, “remember, no one sould know about this, not even Seulgi”

“So you want me...”

“To tell her that you broke up with Ara” Suho answered really fast.

“But isn’t that count as cheating?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s not if you’re not dating anyone” said Suho, “and you can break up with her next time”

“Only of you’re sure about it” Lay added.

Chanyeol looked at Lay and hit him a little bit. Lay and Suho could only laugh about that. He looked outside and think about his action and what he was doing a while back. He could not believe he did that but the fact was he broke Ara’s heart a little bit. And he admit he was a big coward. He should not do that.

He knew he should set everything straight between him and Ara. Because right now, things he could even think was only on how not to break that girl’s heart.

 

Twice.

 

***

 

Ara closed her book and looked at S.Coups who was sitting in front of her. “So, you just need to take a breath everyday and you should think of happy moments everytime you’re stressed, remember the mantra okay?” Ara smiled and looked at him.

“Yeah I will” S.Coups smiled. he looked around and asked for the servant for the bill. They were eating at italian restaurant near Ara’s apartment and they stayed late until midnight. “Should I drive you home Ara?”

“No it’s okay, my place is really near from here” Ara replied.

“No please” S.Coups smiled, “I want to know more about you too honestly”

“Why?”

“Because you’re dating Park Chanyeol, the mighty Park Chanyeol” S.Coups laughed, “he’s... everyone’s dream you know that right?”

“Yeah” Ara smiled bitterly. She had a think about it and started to regret her action since a year ago: trying to make Chanyeol hers completely. She never knew that it would be this hard and painful.

“You seems unhappy about it” S.Coups smiled. “Wanna tell me about it? Like you said, when you tell people your story, your problem will be at least a little bit lighter”

“Nice one, lets go” Ara stood up followed by S.Coups. He smiled and walked next to her, “I won’t tell you”

“Just a little bit?” S.Coups tried to made a deal.

“Okay,” Ara laughed and walked outside. He looked at S.Coups seriously, “but promise me, you will still be my friend, whatever the truth is”

“Of course!” S.Coups smiled.

“I was his stalker before”

S.Coups froze and looked at Ara.

“SEE! I told you! You’re scared of me now aren’t you?!” Ara covered his face feeling ashamed. S.Coups laughed and put his arms on Ara’s shoulder immediately.

“No no I’m not!” S.Coups convinced Ara, “I’m just shock! I thought you’re dating him because you guys are friends somewhere”

“I ask him to be my boyfriend for 72 times, every Friday once a week” Ara told her story, “I just want to know him more, he seems like a nice person, isn’t he?”

“Well I don’t know, I’m just a rookie and he’s an idol, I don’t know him that well” S.Coups smiled, “so, how are you guys now?”

“I think we’re dating because he pity me” Ara sighed, “but then again, sometimes, he can be so sweet, I just don’t know, he’s a very subtle person”

Hearing that, S.Coups laughed really hard. They were walking on the street and everyone was now staring at him. “Sorry sorry” He looked at Ara, “you’re very funny Ara, you shouldn’t think like that”

“Why?” Ara got confused.

“Because I’m a guy and a guy wouldn’t accept girl just because they pity them” S.Coups looked at her and explained, “if her really likes you, you will know it soon”

Ara smiled. they arrived in a her building after few minutes walking, “this is my place, I should go now” Ara smiled, “and thankyou for the dinner”

“Yeah no problem” S.Coups nodded, “you should come to our dorm again, many people miss you”

“Really?”

“Yeah of course!” S.Coups laughed, “You’re a bright, nice and jolly person, and smart too, I will be so confused if people doesn’t like to play with you”

“You’re joking”

“I’m not”

They ended up laughing to each other. Ara was really glad because at leasst, not everything that night ended badly for her. even though she still don’t know what will happen to her and Chanyeol, but she was sure on one thing.

 

That she had friend who will always listen to her.

 

***

 

Chanyeol sat in front of Seulgi who was drinking her chocolate that afternoon. It was a pretty windy day and Chanyeol promised to meet her in cafe inside of SM building.

“So...” Seulgi looked at him, “did you break up with her?”

“Yeah I did”

Seulgi smiled brightly. Ahe could not believe it would be that easy for her to get rid of Ara cause turns out, Chanyeol didn’t really like her. “So...”

“But we can’t” Chanyeol talked to Seulgi seriously, “not now”

Understanding what Chanyeol was talking about, Seulgi lost her smile, “why can’t we?”

“Because I need more time” Chanyeol answered, “look, you know that we are busy as well, and people has been talking about us since forever, so we need to take a break for a while, and think about this”

“Well, you need to know that I am sure about this” Seulgi smiled at Chanyeol, “I understand your concern, anyway, I need to go now”

“Seulgi-ya-”

“No, I’m okay!” Seulgi smiled, “you know, you are the one, so I will wait”

Chanyeol got shocked hearing Seulgi’s word. Not because it was the word he had been waiting for so long,

 

But because he did not feel anything towards her anymore.

‘Strange’ he mumbled inside. He wanted her. but he did not. But he wanted her. he couldn’t figure it out exactly what that is.

He looked at Seulgi walking away and he looked at the undone drinks from her. it reminded her of his date with Ara before they left for Ara’s house. ‘Ara also didn’t finish her drink’ he mumbled again inside.

That time, he knew he needed to call Ara.

 

He grabbed his phone and looked for Ara’s number. He dialled it immediately.

 

‘The number you’re calling is not active’

 

Chanyeol sighed. She must be really angry at him. He decided to call her for the second time.

 

‘The number you’re calling is not active’

 

“Where is she?” he groaned. He decided to text her instead.

 

Park Chanyeol: Ara-ya. Answer my call. Please.

 

He sighed on desperation. He needed to know where she is. And he knew how.

 

He will visit her apartment.

 

***

 

Ara was busy when she opened her book and flipping the page one by one. Her exam week is near and she needed to have a good score for her exam. She wanted to pass and become a psychiatrist as fast as she can.

 

BEEP! BEEP!

 

A voice of text message was heard through her phone. She checked her phone and saw a text from Chanyeol. who apparently was still her boyfriend. Somehow.

Park Chanyeol: Ara-ya. Answer my call. Please.

Ara sighed. She really wanted to answer, but by answering the call, it would be so hard for her to consentrate. He put his phone on the side and went back to her book.

She studied fo 30 minutes long, got tired and finally decided to grab a juice on her refrigerator. She looked around and see the quietness on her apartment.

 

She felt lonely.

 

She remembered how Chanyeol hugged her on her sofa and they watched movies until the morning came. She loved that moment. Well, too bad he broke up with her. and took that back.

 

TING TONG! TING TONG!

 

A bell of her house was ringing. With the cup in her hands she walked through the door and opened it.

 

“Who’s...”She opened the door and saw him. His boyfriend, in front of the door.

 

“Park Chanyeol...”

“Why didn’t you answer my call? Why? why?” He looked at her. without her permission, he walked inside of her apartment and sat on the sofa. He looked around and looked at the table where Ara studied. It was full with books and notes.

“I was studying” Ara answered simply. She looked at Chanyeol who was sitting comfortably in her sofa and sighed. What are you doing here?” she asked.

 “I’m worried about you” Chanyeol looked at her, “don’t you worry about me?”

“Well... yeah” Ara walked towards him and sat on the sofa next to him, “but like I said, I was busy”

“You’re not still thinking about yesterday, right?” Chanyeol looked at her and dragged her closer, “I really want us to stay together”. Words came out from his mouth but Chanyeol didn’t even sure that he meant it.

“Really?”

“Yeah” Chanyeol lied. He couldn’t tell which one is true and which one is not anymore. Chanyeol looked at her and pulled her closer to him, “Ara-ya”

“Y-yes?” Ara got stiff because they got so close again.

“I’m sorry” He put hie head on Ara’s shoulder, “I’m really sorry, should we try again?”

Ara only looke at him. “Uhm...”

 

***

 

Dokyeom tried to close his eyes as he tried to sleep again. It was really early in the morning but sleeping seems like the last thing he wanted to do that time. He walked outside of his room and looked at S.Coups who were already awake and looking at his phone.

“Couldn’t sleep hyung?” he walked towards him and sat next to him. S.Coups only nodded, “why is that? Insomnia again?”

“Yeah, I don’t know, Ara said there must be something on my mind that I think about,” S.Coups looked at him. Dokyeom turned his head immediately when he heard Ara’s name on S.Coups’ sentence. “Why?” S.Coups asked.

“Did you just say Ara?”

“Yeah, I saw her last week” Said S.Coups, “I had a session with her”

“But hyung, why didn’t you tell me?” Dokyeom asked. he became more sensitive when it comes to Ara these past few days.

“Well, I thought you don’t want to know” Said S.Coups, “ck, I knew I shouldn’t tell you, Jeonghan was right”

“What?”

“Yeah, he said you’re eyeing on her like she’s a precious jewel” S.Coups smiled at him, “do you like her? because it seems like that”

“I don’t like her” Dokyeom tried to deny.

“Ya, Seokmin-ah” S.Coups called him with his real name, “you can’t lie to me, I know you better than you, and Jeonghan knows you more than you too”

“So this is why you didn’t tell me?” Dokyeom looked at S.Coups seriously, “you know, I honestly don’t know, I always knew she’s different since our first met, even Vernon said he’s pretty unique”

“She is, and I can guarantee that she’s not a gold digger either” S.Coups laughed during his laugh, “and honestly, the dibs is on you, but you need to be careful if you really want to be with her”

“Why should I be careful? Is she scary?” Dokyeom made a joke, “she’s a nice person, for now, I want to know her better”

“Because not only you who were eyeing on her, everybody does right now,” S.Coups laughed, “you guys look at her like looking at a prey”

Dokyeom laughed. He didn’t know that he was that obvious. “if it’s okay hyung I want-“

“To be closer? It’s fine for me, as long as your image in public will not be ruined” S.Coups smiled, “So, when will you start?”

“Now” Dokyeom smiled and took his phone from his pocket. He looked for Ara’s number and sent her a text message.

Lee DK: Ara-ya!

Lee Ara: Kyeommie XD

Lee DK: are you free today?

 

***