XIV

72 Friday

Dokyeom woke up after 5 message coming to his phone. He checked his phone and looked at the message.

Lee Ara: yo~

Lee Ara: Are you awake?

Lee Ara: we broke up

Lee Ara: it’s a mess, but it’s for the best

Lee Ara: You know how to contact me right?

 

Dokyeom widened his eyes. He glared at the time and it was 7 in the morning. He realized that the thing he needed to do now is to call her. He pressed his speed dial number 5 and called that girl directly.

 

The number you’re calling is not answering

 

And he tried again...

 

The number you’re calling is not answering

 

And Again...

 

The number you’re calling is not answering

 

He sighed. she did not answer. It was a really frustating moment for him but he needed to know the truth and the story behind this. He looked at the time once again and thought...

 

 

Maybe it’s a good time to visit.

 

***

 

 Chanyeol woke up with a nausea and a very deep headache. He looked at the watch in his room and looked around.

 

He’s in his dorm and it was 12 PM in the afternoon.

 

He tried his best to sit and walked outside. It was hard, but he needed to know what really happened. It’s not like he did not remember.

 

He remember. Very clear. And it hurt him.

 

He walked outside of his room and looked outside. Everyone was sitting in front and looked at him who walked outside of the bedroom.

 

“Are you alright?” Baekhyun looked at him. His voice was cold as ice.

“My head hurts” Chanyeol answered and shook his head.

“Well of course, you drink 2 bottles of vodka by yourself yesterday” Suho also joined Baekhyun by using a very cold tone to him, “Chanyeol-ah, we are so sorry that you break up...”

“We’re not” Chanyeol tried to deny the truth.

“It’s over Chanyeol-ah” Lay stopped him from explaining more, “come on, I believe you remember”

“I do but we are not over! I love her! I want her and I need her in my life!” Chanyeol screamed and it hurt his head a lot, “I need to see her”

“You cannot” Baekhyun tried to stop him.

“Watch me” Chanyeol grabbed his car key and walked outside. But Baekhyun as fast as possible ran to the door and stopped him.

 

Stopped him by punching him hard to the ground.

 

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?” Chanyeol got even angrier.

“I wanted to do that since last night, I heard her crying after she called me to pick you up” Baekhyun started to speak, “She told me it was just a cold but I know it’s more than that, you had a fight and you told her that she disturb your life. You hurt her so bad that she did not want you to see her anymore”

“No she must want to see me, she loves me”

“Don’t be too vain Chanyeol, it’s over,” Baekhyun screamed in front of him and grabbed something from his pocket. He grabbed a box and tossed the ring box to him, “here’s your ring. Forget it and don’t try to add more pain to her life”

 

Chanyeol opened the box and looked at the ring. He was really serious on giving her the ring that day, but things happened.

 

“I’m gonna go outside and go to get some air” Chanyeol stood up and pushed Baekhyun aside and walked away from his dorm. He walked outside and get a cab.

 

If he couldn’t see her, he will just visit her. As simple as that.

 

 

“Sir, just go and I’ll show you the way” he told the cab driver and the taxi drove himself to Ara’s apartment that was a bit far from EXO’s dorm. Chanyeol arrived after 10 minutes and paid the taxi. He walked inside of the building and went inside of the elevator to Ara’s apartment immediately.

 

He arrived in Ara’s apartment after a while and he looked at the door. It was open.

 

He walked inside and looked around and saw a guy with suit walking inside. The guy smiled and bowed at him, “Mr. Park, good morning” he greeted Chanyeol.

“Who are you?” Chanyeol frowned and looked at him with confusion.

“I’m Mr. Cho, nice to finally meet you sir” Mr. Cho smiled.

“Why are you here?”

“I’m fixing the stuff of Miss Park since Miss Lee moved out already”

Chanyeol could feel his heart stopped beating for a second.

“Ara moved?”

“Yes sir,”

“In one night?”

Mr. Cho nodded.

“Do you know where she moves?”

“I cannot tell you that sir, I’m sorry” Mr. Cho bowed once again. Chanyeol looked around and saw some of Ara’s stuff that is left.

“Wait” Chanyeol turned his body again to Mr. Cho, “what’s your relationship with this Ms. Park?”

“I’m her assistant sir” Mr. Cho answered.

“And what’s her relationship with Ara?”

“That’s confidential sir I’m sorry” Mr. Cho smiled. Chanyeol nodded and finally walked out from the room after a while. He realized he really lose her. He looked at the box and sighed. ‘I wish I wasn’t drunk that night’ he was hoping.

 

***

 

Dokyeom looked at Ara and she smiled really peacefully that day. It was obvious that he’s been crying all night and it made him worried a lot. He realized that Ara was actually a very fragile person. Dokyeom met her at the coffeeshop nearby Seventeen’s dorm. They have been staying there for 30 minutes and Ara told her all the things.

“It was for the best” she said and sighe, but she tried to smile even though she got hurt.

“So what are you going to do?” Dokyeom looked at her.

“Well, my exam is done, everything is revealed, I’m going to be a doctor soon and also a psychiatrist,” Ara gave Dokyeom the good news, “so I think I will do what I’m supposed to do since a long time ago,”

“But isn’t that means that would be...”

“You’re right” Ara smiled, “anyway, I prove my parents that I can graduate on double major and also to my sister, it’s a very good thing” Ara giggled a bit. This time, a naughty giggles, “you know all of my numbers and I care a lot about you and Seventeen, so you should contact me. My phone is always on for you”

“Well of course except if you’re on airplane” Dokyeom made a joke.

“funny!” Ara laughed really hard. It was the first laughed Ara have for the last 24 hours and Dokyeom glad she finally laughed. “Anyway, I think I need to go now”

“Ara-ya”

“hmm?” Ara looked at her, “wow, you’re not calling me noona right now. This must be something important”

“About us...”

Ara smiled. She realized that it was important for Dokyeom. She looked at him and smiled, “You know who I love, it will take a while Dokyeom”

“I don’t care, you know that” said Dokyeom.

“Well, I care about you” Ara replied, “you said if I told you to stop you will stop loving me, right?”

“No. I will stop trying, but of course, for a while, I won’t stop loving you” Dokyeom denied.

“Well, I want you to stop” Ara smiled, “for the sake of our goodness,” she looked at Dokyeom and held his hands, “I want you to be happy. And I know it’s not me, it’s someone else out there”

Dokyeom looked at her. he couldn’t force her to love him of course. But at least, for now, he could love her as much as he could.

“Well, I am sorry Mr. Lee but I have a plane to catch right now” Ara smiled at him and stood up. Dokyeom looked at her and looked around.

“New guard?” he asked.

“yeah that’s mr. Ahn” Ara smiled, “Mr. Cho is with my sister, my sister is here because she has a meeting to do”

“ah I see” Dokyeom smiled. he hugged her for a while as if it’s his last hug for her. “I will miss you”

“You’re a dork you know that right?” Ara laughed, “It’s not like I’m not coming back”

“I’ll kill Chanyeol for you if he showed up”

“No need, he did a right thing” Ara smiled, “we broke up a lot and I guess fourth time is the charm” she laughed at it. “Sayonara Dokyeommie,” Ara walked away and Dokyeom saw her disappearing in his eyes.

Maybe it was for the best. Ara needed a fresh air for a while anyway.

 

***

 

Chanyeol arrived at SM building after taking a bath and get his self done at his own apartment. Suho called him and said that they would have a meeting in the afternoon with Lee international. Hearing how important the client of the meeting is, Chanyeol immediately get himself into place and tried his best to be the Chanyeol he was supposed to be: the cheerful and jolly one.

Chanyeol arrived at 3 PM in SM building and went to his recording studio. Baekhyun was there with all EXO members and he looked at them.

“Chanyeol-ah I’m sorry” Baekhyun immediately sent his apology to him, “I shouldn’t punch you like that. I’m just really pissed a while ago”

“I understand” Chanyeol smiled, “it did not create bruises at least” Chanyeol laughed. The others also laughed, “but I still need her, I hope you guys can help me”

“We will,” Sehun answered, “but... just give her space for a while”

Chanyeol nodded.

“Chanyeol-ah” Chen called him, “there’s something we need to tell you”

“What is it?”

“Mr. Kim,” Xiumin mentioned their boss, “he was here a while ago and asked where you are. He said your album just has too many contain so he chose 5 songs”

“You can produce for your solo” Baekhyun continued.

 

 

“NO!” Chanyeol screamed out of excitement, “you must be joking!!!!”

“We are not! You can confirm it later!” Suho laughed, “you should be happy now, your album is accepted! You’re going solo!”

“Hell yeah I am!” Chanyeol jump over and over. He hugged everyone and looked at them, “I will ask mr. Kim for detail later”

“Well he will be with our meeting with Lee International later” Kai smiled, “just wait for him”

“Oh and yeah this meeting is important. It’s Lee international” D.O mumbled, “they’re really rich. If they want us as their model, we need to give them the best”

“We sure will” Chanyeol smiled. He walked out from his studio with others and looked at someone he admire.

 

“It’s Simon Dominic” Chanyeol gasped and also the others. He met the eyes of Simon and finally all of them bowed to him.

“Sunbaenim” Chanyeol bowed once again, “it’s nice to see you her in SM building”

“yeah it’s nice to see you as well” Simon replied, “you guys have a good studio here”

“Thankyou” Chanyeol smiled, “but if I can ask, what are you doing here?”

“Ahh I’m accompanying my girlfriend here” He laughed. Everyone gasped and looked at each other.

“You moved on from Lady Jane?” Sehun got awed.

“Well every person needs to move on if they fail Sehun-ssi”

“that’s right” Sehun smiled, “so your girlfriend is someone from SM?”

“No!” Simon laughed, “she had a meeting with you guys today,”

“She’s from Lee International?!” Kai gasped. Simon nodded.

“Apparently she is” Simon laughed, “and Chanyeol, I heard a lot about you”

“From who?” Chanyeol frowned.

“Just a little nice bird” Simon smiled, “you should go inside, my girlfriend is waiting and she hate it”

“Ne sunbaenim” all of them bowed again and walked inside of the meeting room.

Chanyeol looked at inside of the meeting room and saw Mr. Kim who was sitting with a girl. She was smiling brightly at him and for a second, he got a vibe of Ara when she saw her. Mr. Kim himself looked at him and greeted him

“Chanyeol!” Mr. Kim greeted him and smiled, “It’s very nice to see you again! I think about your album and I think it has too many songs for a first solo album!”

“Thankyou Mr. Kim” Chanyeol smiled and bowed.

“So I decided to give you the chance on making it real! You’re going to have your own album! What do you think about that?”

“It’s an honor sir” Chanyeol laughed. She looked at the lady next to Mr. Kim and Mr. Kim looked at her as well, “and Chanyeol, meet Ms. Park”

“Ms. Park” Chanyeol smiled and made a joke about her and his own name, “I’m Mr. Park”

“hahaha nice joke!” Ms. Park smiled, “I’m Hyeji, it’s really nice to meet you. I heard a lot of things about you”

“Are you here with Simon sunbaenim? He told me the same thing” Chanyeol replied.

“Yeah we’re together” Hyeji laughed. Chanyeol once again looked at her and once again got a vibe of Ara. He looked at her for a while and she asked, “Is everything okay Mr. Park?”

“No, everything is fine” Chanyeol smiled, “so you’re dating Simon sunbaenim?”

“No no we just together because he help me on remembering things, he found my sister when I was in New York and my sister trust me to help me returning the memory eversince” Hyeji explained.

“Okay lets just start the meeting! Ms. Park, do you have any slides to show us? We can ask our technician to set you up for that” Mr. Kim looked at Hyeji with a very bright smile and asked him with a very cheerful tone. It was kinda creepy actually for Chanyeol.

“Yes I have one, thankyou” Hyeji smiled and gave Mr. Kim her laptop. The technician, accompanied by Mr. Cho, connect Hyeji’s laptop with the projector. EXO members sat next to Mr. Kim and Hyeji sat with Mr. Cho across their table. Hyeji had her presentation and immediately stressing her point to hire EXO as their model for their next clothing line. The clothing line would be released In Korea and around Asia for the first time. With EXO’s popularity, Lee international believe that the release of the newest clothing line would be succeed.

“What do you think? We’re going to hire you as our ambassador for one year and we will pay for your cost. and also, still got paid” Hyeji ended her offers. Mr. Kim and EXO were looking at each other and obviously seen that it was a good opportunity for all of them.

 

“Okay, we’ll take the job” Suho as the leader decided with Mr. Kim’s approval. Hyeji smiled and looked at Mr. Cho. Once again, Hyeji succceed on making a deal with her models.

“Mr. Cho, please close the presentation we’re setting the deal”

 

Mr. Cho nodded and for a second, the laptop of Hyeji went back to her homescreen; and for a second Chanyeol could see the face of /hyeji and someoone else he really knew.

 

Someone like his girlfriend.

 

His girlfriend to be exact.