XV

72 Friday

“Okay, we’ll take the job” Suho as the leader decided with Mr. Kim’s approval. Hyeji smiled and looked at Mr. Cho. Once again, Hyeji succceed on making a deal with her models.

“Mr. Cho, please close the presentation we’re setting the deal”

 

Mr. Cho nodded and for a second, the laptop of Hyeji went back to her homescreen; and for a second Chanyeol could see the face of /hyeji and someoone else he really knew.

 

Someone like his girlfriend.

 

His girlfriend to be exact.

 

 

 

“IS THAT LEE ARA?!” Sehun and Baekhyun screamed at the same time. They looked at Hyeji and she smiled.

“You know Ara?” Chanyeol looked at Hyeji and Hyeji nodded without any doubt.

“Of course! Why do you think the name of the company is Lee? It’s because of our family name” Hyeji laughed, “except for me, I decided to keep my mother’s last name. My REAL mother’s last name”

“So you’re…”

“Yeah I’m adopted” Hyeji smiled, “but my dad gave me half of the company and the rest of it to Ara”

“That’s why she’s very rich…” Chanyeol nodded, “which means… you’re the one who move to move to her apartment”

“Yes I am” Hyeji nodded, “we decided to swith place, so she won’t need to travel all the time, it would be very tiring for her”

“Where is she moving?” Chanyeol asked her seriously”

“why? You hurt my sister and she needs space you know that”

“Just tell me!”

 

 

 

 

“She’ll move to New York”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked at Hyeji and widened his eyes. He looked around and looked at his friends who were also as shock as him. "Let her go Chanyeol, maybe you guys are not meant to be together"

Chanyeol looked at her. He looked back and looked at every single moments he had with Ara, and now, it was only a dust for him. Ara was not there anymore. He wasn't be able to explain it to her, she just left.

 

"Excuse me I think I need to go" Chanyeol bowed at Mr. Kim and Hyeji, "it was so nice to see you Hyeji-ssi, I hope I can see you soon"

 

Chanyeol walked away from the meeting room and walked to his recording studio. He walked inside of the recording room and screamed as much as he could.

 

"AAAAAAAA!!!!!"

 

He let that feeling out of his body; the feeling of being a failure for the one he loved. He grabbed his phone and looked at his home screen once again. He truly missed that girl. But his stupid act made him lose her forever. He needed to explain but he knew it will be nothing but he's really sure when he's drunk, he's telling her what she really wanted to hear and explaining the whole thing would be useless.

He knew that the only way to have her back was only by giving her space that she need. He knew it might be dangerous, he might lose her forever, but if that's the risk he need to take, he will take it.

 

 

After all, his love for her was real, as real as the diamond ring he bought that he still had in his pocket. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialled a number he was familiar with.

“Hyung” He got connected to his manager immediately, “can you find me a number of Seventeen Dokyeom? I need to see him”

 

***

 

“So my manager hyung said you want to see me”

Dokyeom faced a another person in the same cafe last time he saw Ara. This time, the person was no other than Ara’s ex-boyfriend, Chanyeol.

“Yeah I do want to see you” Chanyeol answered without denying anything, “you know this will be about my girlfriend”

“EX-girlfriend” Dokyeom emphasizing the word “ex” really hard.

“Okay sure” Chanyeol looked at Dokyeom, “do you know where she is? I need to talk to her”

“I cannot tell you” Dokyeom looked at Chanyeol.

“Please it’s all misunderstanding, you need to trust me”

“Why should I? You even lie to your girlfriend, it must be easier for you to lie to me” Dokyeom didn’t seem pleased with Chanyeol’s reason, “and what kind of misunderstanding you’re talking about? You hit her hard by words. That’s just a dead end for you man”

“I know but she needs to know the truth on what happened” Chanyeol sighed, “I believe you can contact her because I know you guys are really close right now”

“We actually are close. And I want to keep it that way. And in my plan, you’re not in it” Dokyeom got even colder than before, “I still want her even though she said not to chase her any longer. But I know, maybe, just maybe, if I wait, it will be right”

“Just let me talk to her please!!” Chanyeol raised his voice. He seemed very desperate right now and looked at Dokyeom with a big desperation in his eyes, “I just want to talk to her. Even maybe if it’s for the last time”

Dokyeom looked at him. He seriously never trusted this guy who was sitting in front of him. But although he never trust him, he’s the love of the girl he loved. And even if he hold him longer and separate both of them, they would always come back together.

“She’s still in the airport heading to New York. Her flight is supposed to take off in 2 hours. She’s there already I talked to her before I came here” Dokyeom decided to told Chanyeol where Ara was, “I told you this because you need to finish it. Don’t make her cry anymore and let her go. She deserves a better person than you”

“Thankyou” Chanyeol grabbed his car key and left Dokyeom alone. Dokyeom knew Ara would be so angry to him about this. But he’s also certain that this was the best way to end their relationship, because right now, they’re not really ending their relationship.

 

Just like Chanyeol said, it was all a misunderstanding.

 

***

 

Chanyeol arrived at Incheon airport in an hour after his meeting with Dokyeom. he drove as fast as he could to the airport and looked immediately for Ara’s flight. He did not know her flight so he went to check all flight that would go to New York by that day. He looked at the security and the security seems to know him since he did not cover himself at all.

“EXO Chanyeol!” One security screamed at him. He had a airport car with him and Chanyeol went up to him.

“Can you help me and drive me to the lounge for flight to New York?” Chanyeol asked him and looked at him.

“You’re gonna need to buy a ticket man. I’m sorry but I can’t help you” The man disappointed, “you can buy your international ticket and pass the immigration and I will look for your girl. What’s her name?”

“Lee Ara”

“Got it. I will text you after I got info about this girl. May I see her face?”.Chanyeol showed a picture of ara and the security smiled. “She’s pretty” the security laughed a bit.

“Yeah so you better help me” Chanyeol mumbled out of desperation.

“Okay, I will contact you immediately”

“That would be nice. Thanks” Chanyeol changed his phone number with the security and ran to the ticket booth for airplane ticket. He bought any ticket and prepared his passport with him. He looked at his watch and got really nervous. ‘what if I’m late’ he thought.

He bought the ticket and passed the immigration right before he got the call from his security helper. “Yes?” He answered the call.

“I found her. she’s not on a lounge. she’s on gate 5 waiting room” The security answered, “goodluck”

“Thanks” He ran immediately to gate 5 as fast as he could and looked for the presence of Ara.

 

 

And there she was. Sitting on a chair like the others reading her book as if nothing happened. Chanyeol came closer and looked at her. it was really her. Ara herself didn’t seem to notice his presence.

“Ara”

Ara looked up and saw the guy she cared about the most. “I don’t want to see you” she rejected him.

“Please-“

“No”

“You need to list-“

“I don’t need to listen to anything”

“No you need to” Chanyeol sat next to her and looked at her, “hey, please”. Chanyeol lifted her head and made her looked at him closely, “I love you”

“You make me as your personal charity Chanyeol-ssi” Ara denied, “how can you call that a love?”

Chanyeol got shocked after heard Ara’s question. She was right but what made him even more shocked was the fact that she already dropped the formality again onto their relationship.

“Ara-ya. Yes I did accept you because of a charity” Chanyeol answered, “you’re really annoying and you’re not my type at all.”

“Wow that makes me feel better” Ara sarcastically answered.

“But as time goes by I realized” Chanyeol looked at her, “that you are actually the one that I need the most. members might understand me, but you complete me like no others can. Not even Seulgi can makes me as happy as when I’m with you”

“Chan-“

“Ara” Chanyeol cut her, “I don’t want you to accept me back. I just want you to understand and listen that I actually found the one that I need the most in life. And I’m actually looking at her right now. She was there for 72 times and I’m stupid enough to reject her 72 times as well”

Chanyeol held Ara’s hand and looked into her eyes even deeper, “I lost her. I did not know that her impact would be this big but it made a big cut inside. But I just wanted her to know that I feel very sorry that I played on her. that I actually have intentions on playing with her heart, not knowing that she’s actually an amazing woman, and I regret that”

Ara looked at Chanyeol with a tears flowing over her cheeks. Chanyeol smiled and wiped the tears away and held her cheek, “you shouldn’t cry”

“I can’t believe that this is the end” Ara looked at him,  “I can’t believe that it end like this”

“Well, I’m sorry for being so stupid and made us ended up like this” Chanyeol looked at her.

“I cannot see you Chanyeol. I got hurt too much” Ara replied.

“I know, that’s why... you should go”

 

 

Ara looked at him. She knew what they had is not good anymore and letting it go was the best decision they would make. At least for now. She held his hands and looked at him, “you will do great things, I believe that”

“and you too,” Chanyeol smiled, “even though I will not see you anymore, I expect to hear a lot of things coming from you”

“You will, don’t worry” Ara smiled. she looked at the gate and saw everyone started to walk into the aircraft already, “I need to go now”

Ara and Chanyeol stood up and Ara looked at Chanyeol one more for the last time. They both were smiling and looked at each other. “I will miss you” Chanyeol hugged her and Ara replied with a big hug coming from her.

“I will miss you as well,” Ara smiled and grabbed her bag. She walked backwards until she sure to turn around and left Chanyeol.

 

For Chanyeol, he waited for Ara to walked into the airplane while holding the ring box inside of his pocket. He knew it was for the best.

 

Like they said, there’s always a ‘good’ thing coming from a ‘goodbye’. He started to take his step on going back to his life and of course... continue his life just like he used to.

 

***

 

This is actually not the end and I have other things on my mind ^^ but if you want to see more please comment or message me or anything so I know if I should post the Epilogue or not XD thanks for reading people! I love you all! XOXO