III

72 Friday

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING THE STORY! I WILL UPDATE MORE IF I HAVE MORE READERS KKK~ I love you all! XOXO!

 

“So you both are now official?” Eunah asked Ara while eating her cake. Ara only nodded while smiling, “is he acting different towards you now?”

“Not really, I’m giving him space and call him once a day, we’re also busy anyway,” ara slurped her drinks after explained things to Eunah.

“But you haven’t tell him yet that you go to college? Taking medicine and Psychology at the same time?” Eunah asked, “when he knows, he’s going to feel like he’s the luckiest person in the world! His girlfriend is actually a future doctor and psyciatrist”

“Stop it” Ara smiled and gulped her drinks again, “I plan to tell him only until that, not more”

“Not about you and your parents?” Eunah asked again. Ara only shook her head as an answer. “Okay but I hope you will find the best way to tell him”

“If we’re going to have a longlast relationship” Ara smiled, “anyway, I went to MNET building last month to look for him and Seventeen was there, you know them?”

“You don’t know them?” Eunah shocked, “you seriously need to watch TV for a bit”

“well I know them now, tell told me themselves” Ara giggled. Eunah looked at her with widened.

“You’re joking”

“I am not”

“You met seventeen?!”

Ara nodded.

“GOSH! You are lucky!” Eunah laughed, “but how?”

“well I met them in mnet building and I kept complaining how Chanyeol hung up on me, and Dokyeon and that western boy-“

“Vernon”

“yeah, turns out they sat next to me, and so we met again on 15th floor” Ara explained and Eunah only nodded. “They’re very nice! But they’re all younger than us”

“the leader I guess is not he’s still in 1995,” Eunah sipped her drinks, “so did you guys greet each other?”

“yeah! They’re very nice” Ara nodded, “they even actually gave me their phone number”

“WHAT?”

“Yeah I know, it’s dangerous right?” Ara looked cocerned.

“Dangerous for them but lucky for you!” Eunah tried not to scream out of her excitement, “so, did you guys plan to do something? Since they actually gave you their phone number”

“not all of them but Dokyeom gave me his” Ara recalled.

Eunah nodded, “ah so what are you guys planning to do?”

“Well I actually like one thing about them, they have this vocal line and they sing really good!” Ara told Eunah about her story, “they sang something like on accapella and I really like it, so I told them that I can read their character one by one”

“well since you’re a psych major of course you can” Eunah laughed.

“Yeah and they agree to sing for me if I read their character” Ara smiled, “they still don’t know tho that I’m on my last year in college before I become a psychiatrist”

“I’m so happy for you!” Eunah got excited too, “so what test are you gonna give them?”

“just some kokology” Ara answered, “it won’t be too obvious,”. Ara grabbed her phone after looking at watch, she opened her message and decided to message Chanyeol.

Lee Ara: Don’t forget to eat your lunch!

“You’re texting him aren’t you?” Eunah smiled and Ara nodded, “I hope he really shows his true color to you”

“I hope so too” Ara smiled.

 

***

 

Chanyeol looked at his phone. A text from Ara. “Ck” he sighed and got back to work in front of his computer. Suho was with him and accompanied him for that day.

“Who’s that?” Suho asked.

“Ara” He replied shortly.

“Aren’t you going to reply her?” Suho asked again and Chanyeol only shook his head, “ah that’s unfortunate”

“why?”

“lots of guy can treat her better than you, and now she’s stuck with you” Suho laughed.

“YA HYUNG”

“I’m sorry but you’re not treating her right! It’s been a month since you guys date and you always ignore her, you guys never have a date-“

“we’re both busy” Chanyeol cut Suho.

“Well we all are, but you only have 10 minutes for each other everytime you meet, that’s weird for a couple,” Suho commented, “it’s been a month”

“well she choose to be stuck with me,” Chanyeol ignored his leader’s comment, “ and if she wants to date me, she better understand my schedule”

“so it’s just about compromizing you in the relationship?” Suho asked Chanyeol again. Chanyeol sighed. He knew this wasn’t right. But he was busy and had no feelings towards her. He shouldn’t accept her from the beginning.

“Should we break up instead?” Chanyeol asked Suho.

“You know if you are, I think she will be so sad, it’s your fault since the very beginning” Suho gave his opinion, “you shouldn’t accept her”

“But she did it every Friday! It drives me crazy!” Chanyeol defended himself.

“but accepting her is not the best choice either, cause now you’re stuck with her” Said Suho, “you know what? Just hang in there for a while, maybe for another couple of months”. Chanyeol looked at Suho, “unless a feelings grow inside of you”

“I don’t think it’s going to happen” Chanyeol answered.

“Well then, it should be easy for you” Said Suho, “just make sure when you break up with her, you will have no more feelings towards her, be cruel, because that’s what life is all about”

“got it” Chanyeol.

“Anyway, if ever you guys break up, tell me, I would like a girlfriend like her” Said Suho while laughing. Hearing that, Chanyeol glared and hit Suho with the hat he had on his head.

“Shut up. No one touch her” Chanyeol glared at Suho and continued working.

 

***

Ara was bored inside of her apartment. It’s been 1 month since she dated Chanyeol, but no progress happened to them. ‘I really like him, why is it so hard for me’ she sighed. She took her phone and text Chanyeol.

Lee Ara: U busy?

Park Chanyeol: Yes

Lee Ara: What time will u be done with your schedule?

Park Chanyeol: 12

Lee Ara: Can we meet?

Park Chanyeol: I’m tired

Lee Ara: I haven’t see you in a week

That’s right. Since they were dating, Ara had been minimizing on meeting Chanyeol. She did not see Chanyeol everyday anymore. They only meet at some times because she did not want to disturb Chanyeol anymore like before. She was his girlfriend afterall, she expected Chanyeol to look for her too. But that did not happen at all.

Park Chanyeol: I will be done and arrived in my dorm around 2

Lee Ara: I can come if I don’t disturb you

Park Chanyeol: you always disturb me

A stab right to her heart. “So I just disturb him” she sighed. She really wanted to give up. But so much love she had for him that made her wanted to stay longer.

Lee Ara: Sorry. Okay have a nice evening then. Don’t forget to eat your vitamin and don’t get too tired.

Ara went to her bed. She put herself in that comfy place and closed her eyes. She kept thinking and thinking. ‘Maybe this is the right treatment I should get from him since I annoyed him a lot’ Ara bitterly smiled.

 

TRRRT! TRRRRRT

 

Ara opened her eyes. Her phone just rang. And not her usual phone. The other one.

 

She grabbed the iPhone7 she had on her table. It was a call. Without thinking, she answered it, “uhm..”

“...”

“I can’t go this week”

“...”

“No I have a lot of exams coming up next week. I need to study”

“...”

“ Can’t you just do it?”

“...”

“Ck, okay” Ara sighed. She stood up from her bed immediately and opened the drawer. She grabbed some clothes and her passport. After that, she checked everything in the house and turned off all electricity. She grabbed her samsung phone and texted her bestfriend.

Lee Ara: Eunah, I will be gone for a week. Can you check my house?

Kang Eunah: You’re leaving again?

Lee Ara: Yes. Can u?

Kang Eunah: yeah sure. Take care Ara. Don’t be too tired.

Kang Eunah: You’re nicer than Chanyeol LOL. I will don’t worry

Ara put her phone in her bag and closed her apartment door immediately. she looked at her iphone phone and checked an email just arrived.

A ticket of course.

She sighed. Didn’t know until when she would do this.

“1 hour is all I have, I cannot see him anymore” she bitterly smiled. In a second, she ran to the elevator and went out.

 

***

 

Chanyeol looked at his phone.

Lee Ara: Sorry. Okay have a nice evening then. Don’t forget to eat your vitamin and don’t get too tired.

Chanyeol sighed. He just read the message. And decided not to reply. He put his phone on the desk on his bed. Yes, he was in his bed. Decided to lie to his own girlfriend.

“Dude”

A voice from his ‘door startled him. He looked at the person, “what Sehun?” he asked.

“Well, you know” Sehun walked toward his bed and sit in there, “if you miss her you can just see her”

“See who?”

“Ara. Who else?” Sehun looked at him.

“I don’t wanna see her” Chanyeol looked at Sehun, “and why would I want to see her?”

“Because you miss her maybe” Sehun laughed, “come on she’s your girlfriend, she deserve your attention”

“She choose to be my girlfriend, so she need to know what I’m really like” said Chanyeol.

“Well, is this what you’re really like? When you’re with her you were not like this” Sehun suddenly blabbered about Chanyeol’s past. Chanyeol glared for that. “Sorry hyung”

“She need to see the real me, and this is who I am, now get out” Chanyeol got angry a little bit to Sehun. Sehun, who knew that Chanyeol’s mood had been changed, moved out from his room.

Chanyeol laid on his bed and closed his eyes. He made himself going through years ago.

 

The last time he had a girlfriend.

 

How long has it been? 5 years?

 

Probably. Because they broke up right before his debut.

 

Chanyeol sighed. He missed her. And he still even saw her everyday. Their relationship was hard to define because they were close, and yet they’re not dating. Until the girl started to date another guy and left Chanyeol with broken pieces.

“I don’t like this, I shouldn’t think about her, I have a girlfriend” Chanyeol sat on his bed. He looked at the time. It’s 12 AM. It’s been that long since he had been thinking about the girl. That long.

 

And that long until he decided to called Ara.

 

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...

 

‘The number you’re calling is not active’

 

He hung up. She’s not answering. “it’s her loss anyway,” He put his phone on his drawer and decided to sleep.

 

***

 

“Chanyeol-ah...”

“...”

“Ya! Park Chanyeol! Are you listening to me?!” Suho called Chanyeol and Chanyeol looked at him with a dull eyes, “do you understand?”

“Yes hyung” He nodded immediately. not sure on Suho meant by sure.

“What did I say?” Suho looked at him.

“We need to prepare for mama and do better than last year?” Chanyeol made a guess.

 

 

“Yeah, correct” Suho left Chanyeol alone, “okay, that’s the only thing I want to say for this morning, lets do our schedule for today and meet in SM building tonight for practice”. The other members nodded by Suho’s information and walked away from the living room after got dismissed by Suho. “Chanyeol-ah” Suho called Chanyeol, “are you okay?”

“yeah I guess,” Chanyeol smiled.

“What’s wrong? Do you have something you want to tell me?” Suho asked again.

“Well there’s this thing,” Chanyeol looked at Suho, “but I’m sure you will laugh at me, so I don’t want to tell you”. Suho frowned. This was the soft Chanyeol, so this must be big.

“No no just tell me” said Suho.

“No nevermind,” Chanyeol stood up and walked away. There goes back the cold Chanyeol. Suho was left alone in the living room when Sehun passed by.

“Sehun-ah” Suho called him. Hearing that, Sehun approached him to the sofa. “Do you know what’s wrong with Chanyeol? He’s lost since yesterday”

“Not sure hyung” said Sehun calmly, “I’m also confused, he kept looking at his phone altough not he’s not getting any text”. Suho nodded slowly. He did not know what actually happened to that EXO’s flame. “By the way hyung, did you see Ara these days? Or they just meet secretly?” Sehun asked him.

 

BINGO.

 

“She hasn’t approach him?” Suho asked.

“Since last week,” Sehun frowned, “last time I heard from her was when Chanyeol lied to her because he didn’t want to see her”

“Poor girl” Suho sighed. He really pitied Ara right now. “She must really like Chanyeol for staying with him for this long without any attention from him,”

“It’s her fault too,” Sehun defended his bestfriend, “if she didn’t keep asking him to be his boyfriend, this might not happen to her”

“But you also need to see that Chanyeol is trying to torture her” Suho defended Ara somehow now, “I can see that he’s actually also missing her”

“Yeah right I don’t think so,” Sehun laughed, “I think he still miss his ex,”

“We’ll see” Suho smiled. He called Chanyeol . “Chanyeol-ah!”. In a seconds, Chanyeol walked to the living room and asked Suho, “what’s wrong?” he asked.

“ Where’s Ara?” Suho asked Directly to the point.

“I don’t know I don’t care anyway” Chanyeol sat on the sofa and smiled. Forced one. He was holding his phone on his hand.

“I haven’t seen her in a week” Said Suho, “you seriously don’t know where she is?”. Chanyeol shook his head as an answer. Sehun and Suho looked at each other.

 

BZZZZT! BZZZZZT

 

Chanyeol’s phone buzzed all of the sudden. After he felt the buzz, he answered as fast as he could, “Hello!”

“...”

“Ah eomma...” He sighed. Sehun and Suho laughed. They were now sure he was actually waiting for a call. He waited until Chanyeol was done with his call and hung up. Chanyeol looked at everyone who were laughing at him, “what?” he asked.

“You’re waiting for Ara don’t you?” Sehun giggled.

 “that’s also why you’ve been very grumpy since yesterday, because she didn’t call or text you since last week” Suho smiled, “see? You miss her”

“I did not? You’re talking non-sense again” Chanyeol laughed.

 

BZZZT BZZZT!

Another call awaited Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked at the caller ID.

 

‘annoying Ara is calling’

 

He looked at Sehun and Suho who laughed at him and saw the caller ID already. “Aren’t you gonna answer that?” Sehun asked.

“No” Chanyeol tried not too. Even though not getting any call or text from Ara tortured him already.

“But she might not call for another week” Suho scared him.

 

And he succeed.

 

Chanyeol immediately answered the phone, “YA LEE ARA WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN” With a high tone he asked his girlfriend.

“...”

“What?”

“...”

“Ck, wait” Chanyeol looked at Suho and Sehun who looked curious. He decided to walked to his room and talked to Ara alone. “What do you mean by busy?”

“Something happened last week, and this might happen once per 2 months, I’m sorry” Ara apologized from the other side of the phone, “have you taken your vitamins? Are you okay? You’re not sick right?”

“No No I am fine, are you?” Chanyeol started to get worried to his girlfriend all of the sudden. The fact that she might be gone every month for a week scared him a little bit. He felt a little bit lonely.

“Yeah yeah don’t worry about me because I will always be worrying about you” Ara laughed during their conversation, “anyway, I need to go now, please be safe for today and don’t forget to take lunch. Take a rest if you need it”

“Lee Ara” Chanyeol sighed. How come this girl is stil thinking about me while I’m being very mean to her? He thought.

“Yes?”

“I need to see you” Chanyeol bravely said that to Ara, “can we meet?”

“I cannot, I have exams coming up” Ara softly rejected Chanyeol’s invitation. ‘So this is how it feels when you got rejected’ Chanyeol felt a little hurt in his chest.

“I can just accompany you studying if you want” Said Chanyeol.

“...”

“...”

Both of them were thinking. Busy with their on mind. Is this correct? Is this fine? Am I walking too fast? Did I scare her? Will she accept?

“Ya Lee Ara, answer me” said Chanyeol.

“Okay, lets meet tonight at 7 in front of SM building,” said Ara, “you can accompany me before your practice,”. Chanyeol got shocked. She was really considerating Chanyeol’s schedule.‘she has done so many things’ Chanyeol thought.

“No I will cancel tonight’s practice” he replied.

“I won’t allow that, it will affect EXO and not just you” Ara was now being smart. “I will just see you from 7-9, don’t worry” Ara replied, “okay? I will see you later”

“hm” then Chanyeol hung up. He started to realized one thing. He was being too mean to Ara. And Ara was too nice for a guy like him. He was lucky. Too bad he didn’t want to be that lucky, because he was so sure Ara could get a better man than Chanyeol.

 

 

 

This thought gave him more courage to break up with her instead of keeping their relationship.

 

***