XIII

72 Friday

“Dokyeom-ah”

 

Dokyeom answered his phone and he heard the voice he loved for the past few months. He was practicing in his dancing room when she called. she knew Ara well and her tone didn’t seem good.

 

“Noona are you okay?” he asked immediately.

 

“I need to see you” Ara sighed, “Now. I’ll see you in a cafe near Gangnam COEX”

 

And Ara hung up.

 

He knew something is wrong. He looked around and Wonwoo was staring at him. “Is everything okay?”

“That was Ara” Dokyeom answered.

“I know” Wonwoo smiled, “you were so worried a while ago”

“I think I need to go somewhere” Dokyeom stand up immediately and grabbed his stuff. He looked at S.Coups and looked at him, “ I need to go now hyung, I’m sorry”

 “Good luck to you” Joshua smiled and say goodbye to Dokyeom. Dokyeom frowned.

“Why me? You should be worry about Ara noona as well”

“Well it can also be about another thing,” Joshua laughed, “I’m just saying it from a different perspective”

“Whatever” Dokyeom walked away.

“Sent her our greetings and tell her we miss her” Mingyu smiled.

“I know you do” Dokyeom giggled, “bye I will see you guys later”

“Take care man” Said S.Coups, “but you need to go back as fast as you can because we need to practice for performance”

 “I get it” Dokyeom nodded and immediately left the room. He ran to the basement of PLEDIS building and walked to his car. He drove the car in the street in a couple of minutes and ran to place where Ara and him decided to meet. They decided to meet in a cafe near Gangnam COEX. With a full speed, he drove in the middle of the road and the only thing he could think of was only Ara; if she’s fine or not.

 

He arrived in the cafe after 15 minutes driving and walked inside of the cafe immediately. He looked around for Ara’s presence in that cafe and saw Ara’s body looking at outside of the window. He walked slowly so he wouldn’t disturb her.

“Noona”

“Uh, Dokyeommie,” Ara smiled, “you’re here”

“Is everything okay?” He asked. he sat in front of Ara and Ara shook her head as the answer for Dokyeom’s question. “What happened?”

“I think I just found something that is very disappointing for me” Ara sighed. “Dokyeommie, you need to answer me, and you need to be honest to me, get it?”

“Uhm... yeah sure” Dokyeom felt scared now. He now felt that Joshua was right. He might be the one who’s in trouble and not Ara.

“Do you know why I’m dating Chanyeol oppa?” Ara asked.

“Well... because you love him?” Dokyeom answered.

“Because Chanyeol finally accept me after 72 times asking him out” Ara answered, “do you know why?”

Dokyeom shook his head. Lying to the fact that he knew exactly why. He remembered very clear about hi conversation with Chanyeol in EXO’s dressing room.

“Because he did it for Charity” Ara smiled. she took a sip from a cup of hot chocolate she has in front of her.

“Noona I am so...”

“Sorry? No it’s okay, I shouldve thought,” Ara smiled, “I just want to know if you know about this... maybe I don’t know,”

Dokyeom looked at her. He loved her and he really didn’t want to lose her. He hate the fact that he knew the truth and he need to be the one who told her that.

“Yeah I know” Dokyeom sighed. Ara looked shocked.

“I should’ve thought” Ara smiled bitterly.

“But I swear I did not tell you because I have nothing to do with it” Dokyeom defend himself; trying to get his reputation back, “I want you to know that I hide this because I don’t think it’s important between you and me, because it’s your problem with Chanyeol”

“You’re right” Ara sighed, “I shouldn’t be mad at you”

“You should be, because I’m not being honest to you” Dokyeom explained, “but I just don’t want you to accuse me for keeping this to hurt you, hell no, I don’t want you to get hurt”

“I know” Ara smiled. He looked at her closely. He really loved that smile I drove him crazy everytime he remember the fact that it only belongs to Chanyeol.

“End your relationship with him,” Dokyeom suggest and Ara looked up to him, “I’m serious. He don’t deserve your attention because he’s just playing with you from the beginning”

“I’m-“

Lipstick Chateau Wine Color (La La La La)

White champagne shower with bubbles ( La La La La)

 

“Sorry it’ my phone” Ara smiled, “excuse me” Ara put her phone on her ears and answer it immediately, “yes?”

“It’s Baekhyun” Baekhyun replied from the other side of the phone.

“Oh...” Ara smiled, “hello oppa! Is everything okay?”

“Are you with Chanyeol right now?” Baekhyun asked, “he’s missing”

“Uhm.. I am... not” Ara got confused and starting to get worried, “is everything okay?”

“Mr. Kim Reject his album. He got angry and really pissed. He seems to be very devastated,” Baekyun replied, “I thought he told you where he is”

“No,” Ara replied. Dokyeom could see something wasn’t right. He looked at her and she looked really worried.

“Is everything okay?” Dokyeom asked. Ara only shook her head. After a while, she hung up and looked at Dokyeom, “I need to go now”

“Where?” Dokyeom looked at her, “what happened?”

“Chan oppa is missing, he’s pissed because of work” Ara look really worried, “I need to find him, he might be in trouble because none of EXO members know where he is and he’s not answering his phone at all”

“ I will help you look for him” Dokyeom stand up and Ara looked at him.

“It’s okay, thankyou but I cannot, I need to find him by myself” Ara stood up and looked at Dokyeom, “I will call you later when everything gets better I promise”

“Okay” Dokyeom nodded. Ara walked away and Dokyeom could see Ara grabbed a taxi and disappearing in front of his eyes.

 

***

 

Ara looked for Chanyeol in every place she know. She looked at Chanyeol’s apartment and he wasn’t there; she also looked at the basketball court near his place and he was not there as well. She looked everywhere and was really afraid that things might happened to her boyfriend.

She looked at all restaurant where Chanyeol like to eat; with EXO or even by himself. She looked around and found Chanyeol in a bar where he usually drink. He looked lonely sitting in the bar and the bar thankfully looked empty. She looked at Chanyeol and immediately sat next to him. “oppa..

“Ara is that you?” Chanyeol asked.

“Y-yeah...”

“UGH! It’s YOU AGAIN!” Chanyeol screamed all of the sudden, “You know! This failure! It might be YOUR FAULT!”

 

Ara shocked. She knew that Chanyeol was drunk, but she never thought that Chanyeol would think like that. EVER. She thought a part of him at least change and all lovely word came up from his mouth was real. Turns out, he still think of Ara as an annoying person. As a person who disturbed his life. And right now, as a bad luck for him.

 

“Why is it my fault?”

“I cannot concentrate! You kept bothering me! I’m a ing mess since you enter my private life Ara! A ING MESS!” Chanyeol kept screaming, “I don’t want to see you now”

“Do you want to see Seulgi?” Ara asked.

“Maybe” Chanyeol smirked, “I will tell her that I failed and lets see if she still wants me”

 

Ara sighed. Chanyeol was drunk but it was also the perfect time to asked him the truth.

 

“Park Chanyeol” She called him.

“Hmm??” Chanyeol looked at her, “sssh why are you still here? I’m in trouble right now and you’re really disturbing!”

“I need to ask you something but you need to be honest to me”

“Okay, let’s do it!” Chanyeol laughed, “and yes, I don’t want to sleep with you~ no, you’re not pretty enough”

 

Ara got stabbed really deep. She knew it was not important but she realized that he didn’t even like her for her looks. She tried not to cry, stay calm and asked Chanyeol for truth.

 

“Tell me if it’s true that you date me for charity”

 

 

Chanyeol, with a very red cheeks, nodded fast and laughed “Yeah it’s true” Chanyeol laughed, “this is the real me Ara! You still want me! I’m being so mean to you right now! And I’m a failure! I believe you don’t want me anymore right! You’re not gonna compromise this one as well right?!” Chanyeol laughed.

“No, not with this one” Ara got her eyes really teary and stood up in front of him, “Park Chanyeol, my love is not for charity, and if you think that it is, please, do not look for me, ever again” Ara walked out from the bar crying and dialled a number.

“Baekhyun oppa” she called a name after her call got connected, “he’s in the usual bar where he drink”

“Thanks Ara” Baekhyun replied, “but why are you crying?”

“I’m not I just have colds” She replied and hung up without hearing Baekhyun’s reply.

 

 

Chanyeol himself looked at Ara who was walking away from him. He drank few more glass from the bottle that he bought for himself. He looked at the bartender and smiled, “that’s the woman who has a big crush on me” He laughed. Felt his pocket and something strange was in there, He took the strange object and put it in the table.

 

 

It was a box.

 

A blood red box made by velvet.

 

“What’s this?” Chanyeol looked at the box and smiled. he opened the box and saw a ring inside of the box. The bartender looked at him and he looked at the box. He opened the box and looked at the stuff inside. “The box is pretty, I wonder what’s inside!” He laughed and opened the box.

 

“It’s pretty” Chanyeol smiled.

 

And fell asleep.

 

***

 

Baekhyun succeed arriving in the bar in 15 minutes after Ara called. He was hoping that Ara would be there when he arrived but Ara wasn’t there. Baekhyun found Chanyeol fell asleep next to 2 vodka bottle and 3 glass and some chips. He ran to him and tried to wake him up.

“Chanyeol-ah! YA! Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun screamed but Chanyeol did not wake up. He looked at the bartender who was cleaning glass in the bar, “did you see the girl who was with him?” he asked.

“Oh, the girl who has a crush on him?” The bartender smiled, “yeah she left after they had a big fight”

“Big fight?”

“Yeah he was really drunk and screamed at her” The bartender explained, “she asked if he really date him for charity and he answered, and she said her love is not charity, I guess they broke up” he looked at the box, “and your friend might want to keep this box” The bartender showed Baekhyun the velvet box and Baekhyun took it.

“Is it...” Baekhyun made a guess and opened the box.

 

 

It’s a ring box with a diamond in it. Very simple and yet very expensive.

 

“It’s a ring” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and he was sleeping peacefully. He wanted to punch and screamed at him for hurting Ara this bad, but he also could not blame him because he himself was on pressure. But this was out of control already.

 

“We need to go home now” Baekhyun put the box in his pocket and asked the bartender to help him carrying Chanyeol to the car.

 

“Baek...” Chanyeol woke up when Baekhyun tried to lift him with the bartender, “where’s Ara?”

“Do not look for her anymore, ever” Baekhyun sighed.

“I need to, I think-“

“Yeah you messed up” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, “we need to go home now, I’ll take care of you man, I’m here”

“Is it...”

“Yeah” Baekhyun nodded, “it’s over”

 

And after that, what Baekhyun heard aside from the street noise was only Chanyeol’s cry.

 

***