VII

72 Friday

Chanyeol walked inside of Ara’s apartment. He did not expect that Ara’s apartment would be this big.

 

 

“Ara, you live alone here?” he asked. Ara only nodded and walked to the kitchen to put all snacks in the kitchen table, “what is your parent job?”

“hmm they just run a business, no big deal” Ara smiled, “I pay this myself, really”

“How? Don’t you go to school and stuff?” Chanyeol got really confused. Ara’s apartment was so big for herself and she has that apartment in the middle of the city. ‘This apartment must be really expensive’ said Chanyeol.

“I don’t use allowance from my parents, just a little bit” Ara smiled, “I go to school by scholarship, so yeah...”

“Ara, you spend your money on a wrong place” Chanyeol giggled, “you know, with the rent of this apartment monthly, you can open a business already”

“Yeah I know”

“Then?”

“I don’t want, I want to be a doctor and psychiatrist,” Ara explained, “so I need a comfortable place for people to stay,”. Chanyeol looked at his girlfriend. He could not believe he got a fan and a girlfriend with a very good heart. Most fans are just adoring his face and most of his ex were just chasing his money. But he knew, this one was very different.

“Why are we dating again?” Chanyeol asked her.

“I don’t know, because you said okay?” Ara laughed. She put all chips on a bowl and bring it to the living room with Chanyeol. “What movie should we watch?”

“Up to you, what do you want hmm?” chanyeol softly asked her. Ara got shocked. Chanyeol was never this soft to her.

“Can we watch comedy romance?” Ara looked at him.

“Yeah sure” Chanyeol smiled. he looked at Ara who looked excited and pressing the remote in front of her. She choose the movie she wanted and played it.

Chanyeol grabbed the bowl of chips and put it in the middle of him and Ara. Ara ate chips while watching the movie and so did Chanyeol.

 

“Oppa” Ara called him while they’re still watching the movie.

“Yes?” Chanyeol smiled.

“Do you still like Seulgi-ssi?”

“Don’t ask me that question” Chaneyol said.

“But I need to know” Ara said to her.

“I’m not going to answer that question” Said Chanyeol, “come on lets not fight and just watch”. Ara smiled and grabbed the bowl. The moved the bowl and moved closer to Chanyeol and looked at him. chanyeol who was shocked by her action could only see her in her eyes.

 

“then... do you like me?”

 

Chanyeol could not answer. He could not lie, but then again, their relationship was based on lie this whole time. “Urgh please, you ask too many question,” Chanyeol pulled Ara’s waist and dragged her closer to him. He hugged the girl and put her in his arms. “Stop asking question, sometimes, truth is better untold”

“I know” Ara hugged Chanyeol like hugging a teddy bear. Chanyeol only smiled and Ara’s hair. He could not know how and when he should break up with Ara. She was too precious. And Baekhyun was right, if he broke up with her, he just lost a diamond.

“Let me hug you” Chanyeol hugged Ara tightly while watching the movie. He was so sure both of them were not focusing on the movie anymore. They just enjoyed their presence to each others, “oh by the way” Chanyeol looked at her, “happy 2 months Ara-ya”

“You remember!” Ara hugged him tightly, “I wish we have more days upon us and you will open your heart more for me”

“I hope so too” Once again, Chanyeol lied. He grabbed his phone and texted Baekhyun.

Park Chanyeol: Baek

Baekhyun B: ssup?

Park Chanyeol: I’m not gonna sleep at dorm tonight. Don’t wait up

Baekhyun B: but your apartment key is at dorm

Park Chanyeol: I didn’t say that I will sleep in my apartment either, did I?

Park Chanyeol: Good night bro

 

***

 

Chanyeol sighed while looking at his laptop. He wrote a song but he couldn’t finish it because he forgot how it supposed to end. “Arggh” he goaned and spin his chair in the recording room. “I need to find the soul of this song so I can finish it” he mumbled.

 

KRIIIING! KRRRIIIING!

 

He looked at his phone and saw the caller ID. It was Ara. “Aish that girl” he chose not to answer the phone. He looked back to his laptop but couldn’t find anything good to write. He grabbed his phone and checked it.

Lee Ara: Where are you? Can we meet?

Park Chanyeol: I’m busy.

Chanyeol looked through the message. It had been 2 months since they’re dating and Chanyeol got confused why is he even still dating her?

He remember the time last week when he had a movie date with Ara. It was a good time for him and her too. They stayed overnight watching movie and tell every story they had. Ironically, Chanyeol opened his story to Ara. He never did that to anyone except Seulgi.

And he felt good about that.

But he could not date Ara any longer. He would hurt her too bad if he kept dating her. He did not have a lot of feeling towards her. He still only have that feeling to Seulgi. This time, he needed to make it straight

He looked at the phone and decided. He knew he should end this thing.

Park Chanyeol: Okay, lets meet tonight

Lee Ara: tonight? Can it be tomorrow?

Park Chanyeol: Do you want to see me or not?

Lee Ara: okay okay but can I see you at my campus? I will see you there!

Park Chanyeol: k.

Chanyeol closed the chatroom of his and Ara. He opened another unread message. This time, it came from his ex, Seulgi.

Kang S: oppa XD

Park Chanyeol: ne seulgi-ya J

Kang S: how are you? Did you..

Park Chanyeol: I’m good. You?

Park Chanyeol: Did I what?

Kang S: Break up with her?

Park Chanyeol: Why?

Kang S: Just asking

 

Chanyeol smiled. He couldn’t deny he still have feelings for her after so many years. And now, he has more reason to break up with Ara. He walked outside of her working room and walked to the dancing room where Sehun and Baekhyun were practicing with Kai.

“Yo Chanyeol hyung” Sehun greeted him.

“What if I break up with Ara?” Chanyeol asked them straight to the point, “I think Seulgi wants me back”

“Are you sure?” Kai frowned, “she was still pretty close with him tho”

“If you break up with her, dibs on me for Ara,” Baekhyun put himself on the conversation, “she’s a clean diamond man, why would I even want to lose that kind of person?”

“Yeah she’s pretty, smart, jolly, ckck” Sehun shook his head, “I adore the person who can have her”

“And he’s still right here” Chanyeol laughed. Another perks of dating Ara: he got a lot of compliments from members on how lucky he is to have her.

“Well, not for long, you’re gonna break up with her” Kai laughed, “just do whatever you want to do hyung, but Baekhyun hyung and Sehun sums my comment already”

Chanyeol looked at 3 of his friends, “ck, you’re not helping guys” He ran away from that room and went back to work.

 

***

 

Ara sighed. She had plan tonight with S.Coups but she definitely could not tell Chanyeol. the weather was really cold and snow started to fall. ‘First snow indeed’ she sighed. She dialed S.Coups number and called him. “Hello”

“...”

“ Hello oppa! Is it possible if you pick me up in front of my campus?”

“....”

“Yeah it’s safe, there are only few people hanging around the campus by that time”

“....”

“okay I’ll see you later!”

Ara hung up her phone and looked around if Chanyeol arrived yet. She sat inside of the lobby of her campus building and waited if Chanyeol would showed up really soon.

Park Chanyeol: I’m here. Where r u?

Lee Ara: in the lobby of my building. You can just enter it’s fine

Ara waited for Chanyeol to came while putting off her earphone from her ears. She looked at the lobby door and found Chanyeol walking towards her. She waved at him and smiled. he looked at her and walked towards her.

“Hey,” Ara greeted him and Chanyeol only nodded. “Is it hard to find my building?”

“Not really” Chanyeol sat next to him. he put his phone on his pocket and looked at Ara, “Ara, I don’t have much time”

“Me too” Ara said, “I have to do something, and I have something to tell you”

“N-no, I need to tell you this thing first” Chanyeol looked at her. Ara got confused by his action. He looked really nervous and pale. Ara got scared all of the sudden. ‘Is he sick?’ sh thought.

“Are you sick? Do you want me to check on you a little bit? I know I don’t have the will but-“

“No I’m not sick” Chanyeol looked at her. Ara got even more scared. She might know what this was all about. “Ara, You need to listen to me”

“Okay” Ara smiled and hugged Chanyeol. She knew. That might be her last hug for him. For a second, she thought she had a chance to make Chanyeol hers. But she knew, that was just a dream.

 

***

 

“Are you sick? Do you want me to check on you a little bit? I know I don’t have the will but-“

“No I’m not sick” Chanyeol looked at Ara. She wanted to make their meeting short so Ara won’t get hurt to much. “Ara, You need to listen to me” Chanyeol stared at Ara’s eyes deeply.

“Okay” Ara smiled and hugged Chanyeol all of the sudden. Chanyeol could feel the warmth he got from Ara’s hug. Something was right. Just right. Like finding a missing puzzle that he was looking for all these long.

“Here” Chanyeol chose not to let go of Ara for a while. He knew he’s gonna miss that somehow. He’s going to miss this fans who tried to be his girlfriend for more than 72 times and paid attention not to only him, but also to his friends. This girlfriend of him who was a brilliant and cheerful girl. This girlfriend of him who was a future psychiatrist and doctor at the same time.

“So, oppa” Ara finally let go and pushed him and he looked at her. She looked at him really soft and sweet. ‘Be strong Chanyeol, you can stop this right now, and back with Seulgi’ Chanyeol tried to gain strength inside, ‘Just charity... Just charity...’.

“Ara-ya, it’s been a good 2 months with you, I’m enjoying my time everytime I’m with you, and you give impact to my life, not just because you were my fans before” Chanyeol talked. Ara laughed a bit and listened more to Chanyeol. Chanyeol held his hand and continue to speak, “I think we need to end this”

Ara froze. Chanyeol waited for her respond. She stil smiled at him and there was no sign that she would be furious about that. “Ara?” Chanyeol called her name.

“Yes?”

“Are you okay?”

“Uhm.. I need to process this first” Ara giggled a bit, “you said we need to end this right?”

“Yeah”

“Okay, I understand” Ara nodded.

“Please don’t be upset” Chanyeol looked at her and stood up in front of her. “Are you mad? You’re a briliant girl that’s why I’m doing this”

“Yeah I get it” Ara still smiled in front of Chanyeol. Chanyeol felt really bad right now. That missing puzzle went back missing somehow in his mind. But he kept saying to his mind as well that he did not lose anything.

“Ara-ya!”

Ara and Chanyeol glanced at the source of the voice. Chanyeol looked at a guy walking towards Ara. “S.Coups-ssi” Chanyeol called the name of the person who was walking towards them.

“Eh? Chanyeol sunbaenim” S.Coups bowed at him and Chanyeol bowed as well, “are you here to say goodbye to your girlfriend?”

“Uh..yeah” Chanyeol looked at Ara. He seriously had no idea on what was going on, “Ara?” He looked at Ara.

“Ah yeah that’s why I said I need to be fast, beacuse I need to go with him tonight” Ara explained, “and I need to tell you something too”

“Where are you guys going?” Chanyeol frowned. A fire started inside of him and made him so angry to... he didn’t even know who.

“Uhm we’re just going to eat sunbaenim” S.coups trying to explain, “we’re going to eat and talk for a little bit”

“Are you cheating behind my back Lee Ara?!” Chanyeol raised his voice a little bit. S.Coups immediately stand next to Ara and stayed next to her.

“No she’s not, I need to tell her about my problem and she’s taking psychology, I just need to tell someone” S.Coups explained. He felt bad alittle bit he needed to be the one in between Ara and Chanyeol.

“And do you seriously need to talk to a person who has a boyfriend S.Coups?” Chanyeol sarcastically asked.

“Chanyeol, this is not your problem, he’s a friend and patient of mine and you have no right to say that” Said Ara, “and you know so well that it’s immpossible for me to cheat on you”

“It’s not impossible Ara, people cheat a lot these days” Chanyeol answered back.

“How can I cheat on you if I’m focusing on your health every single day and keep worrying only about you?!” Ara raised her voice now, “you know what? Maybe this is good, maybe ending this is good”

“You guys broke up?” S.Coups looked at Ara.

“Yes”

“No”

Ara and Chanyeol answered at the same time. Ara said yes and Chanyeol said no. S.Coups could only see that and grabbed Ara’s hand, “Ara, maybe I should go, we can do this later”

“No, stay” Ara looked at S.Coups tenderly. Seeing that, Chanyeol got even more furious. He could not believe someone aside from him could get that kind of stares from Ara. “I’m almost done here”. Ara looked at Chanyeol and asked him, “you said we need to end this”

“Yeah! We need to end this...” Chanyeol repeated his own word. That sentence sounded just right few minutes ago. But now, it sounded really wrong.

“That means we broke up right?” Ara looked at Chanyeol worry, “Oppa~”

“No, it does not mean that” Chanyeol looked at Ara and hugged her.

“Then what are we going to end?” Ara did not hug him back instead asking him with a serious tone. Chanyeol felt a really big lost and he just did not know what to do only because Ara did not hug him back.

“Ara,”

 

 

 

“We need to end closing our private life for each other” Chanyeol looked at her and put his forehead on her forehead. They were so close and Chanyeol lookeda t her deeply.

 

“Start opening yourself for me even more, and I will open up for you”