009

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"As all of you know, projects play a huge part in your final year results. This time, it will be a pair work. The topic are as follows, " as soon as the teacher announced this, the whole class groaned.

 

Especially Soojin. She really hated projects and group works because she rarely has time to meet up and discuss about it.

 

Ugh. I hate projects so much.

 

"You may choose your own partners. Don't forget to submit your names to me by today. That's all, " the teacher exited the class as soon as she finished talking.

 

Soojin groaned and rested her head on the table. She didn't really care about choosing a partner.

 

Jaehyun looked around and saw everyone pairing up with their own cliques. He felt awkward because he didn't really have many friends since he was still new.

 

He turned to Soojin, who was resting her head on her table. He blinked and lightly tapped her arm.

 

"Soojin? "

 

"Mm? " Soojin answered.

 

Jaehyun cleared his throat and showed a smile.

 

"Would you be my partner? "

 

Soojin choked on her own spit and started coughing really hard.

 

"W-what? ! "

 

Oh my god. Jaehyun has finally gone insane.

 

"Would you be my partner? " He asked again with his puupy eyes.

 

Soojin has actually misunderstood Jaehyun's question. She didn't really concentrate, so she thought he was asking her to be his…. Lover (partner).

 

"P-partner…? " Soojin asked again.

 

Do I have to reject him again like I did in elementary school?

 

Soojin sighed.

 

Jaehyun nodded, "Partner for the History project. I mean you're the only one I'm okay with."

 

Oh. Partners for the History project.

 

Soojin felt her cheeks burning in embarrasment. How did she even think that Jaehyun was asking her to be his lover? Too much overthinking. She cupped her cheeks to cover the redness.

 

"Sure. But I just need to tell you, I'm only free on weekends because I have workbon weekdays. Is that okay? If not, you can still pick a different partner, " Soojin pointed at the girls in front of the class.

 

The girls have been staring at Jaehyun, hinting that they wanted to be his partner.

 

Jaehyun quickly turned backbto Soojin. "I'm okay with it."

 

Soojin nodded, "Okay good. So…where do you want to meet up this weekend? "

 

Jaehyun tapped his fingers on the table and bit his lower lip as he think.

 

"Do you perhaps… remember the neighbourhood' playground? The one we used to hang out at? " He asked.

 

Soojin nodded. "Of course, I always go there to…

 

Escape from my problematic family.

 

…take some air. Do some thinking, " Soojin smiled awkwardly to Jaehyun.

 

--

 

Soon it was Saturday. Soojin woke up late because she worked till late night again last night.

 

She rushed in picking her outfit and decided to go with a simple, pastel pink pullover with a black coat.

 

She grabbed the things she was supposed to bring and rushed to the playground Jaehyun asked to meet at.

 

When she was approaching the playground, she could see Jaehyun sitting on the swing.

 

She approached him and tapped his arm.

 

"Hey sorry I'm late. I overslept, " Soojin said as she panted.

 

"It's alright. I Just arrived too, " Jaehyun smiled.

 

Soojin immediately looked away avoiding his smile.

 

She sat on the empty swing next to Jaehyun and lightly moved it.

 

"Do you remember? " Jaehyun suddenly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter