010

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Why is this so complicated? Can they at least use words that I understand? " Soojin groaned as she flipped the pages of the textbook.

 

Soojin and Jaehyun have spent almost half a day at the library, discussing their project. Being the smarter one, Jaehyun had helped Soojin in understanding most of the texts in the books.

 

Soojin realised how smart Jaehyun was. But then she remembered the fact that Jaehyun was a nerd during elementary, so no suprise.

 

"I can't believe it, " Soojin suddenly blurted.

 

"What? " Jaehyun replied, not taking his eyes off the book he's reading.

 

"I can't believe that you're still… a nerd, " Soojin bluntly said.

 

Jaehyun's eyes widened in shock as he slowly turned to Soojin.

 

"What makes you say that? "

 

Soojin shrugged her shoulders and closed her book.

"Because you understand most of the words in this, " she waved the textbook in her hands.

 

"But then, " Soojin continued. Jaehyun had his ears perked up, wondering what Soojin would say next, "Being a nerd isn't that bad, you know."

 

Jaehyun's lips curved into a small smile.

 

"Now what makes you say That? "

 

Soojin bit her lower lip, "Because you're smart. And being smart is cool."

 

Jaehyun laughed, "Did you just indirectly called me cool? "

 

Soojin rolled her eyes playfully and started packing the books in her bag. "It's 4pm already. Doesn't your brain hurt from studying too much? "

 

Jaehyun shrugged, "I didn't realise time went by. The book was interesting."

 

Soojin's jaw dropped, almost hitting the ground.

 

Wow he is really a nerd. A Nerdy nerd.

 

Jaehyun started packing his books too and stood up to get going. But Soojin was still sitting, with her bag slinged to her body.

 

She sighed and looked at her watch.

 

4.30pm.

 

"Are you rushing home? " Soojin asked Jaehyun.

 

Jaehyun looked at his watch too, and shook his head.

"It's weekend. I'm free for the day. Why? "

 

Soojin's face brightened and she lightly clapped.

"Do you wanna go hang out and do something? I Don't wanna go home too early. Besides, I should enjoy my weekend, right? "

 

Even if I go home, mum and dad would still be quarreling and fighting. I can't stand those.

 

"Sure, why not? Is there any places you want to go? " Jaehyun asked.

 

Soojin smiled and dragged Jaehyun out.

 

--

 

"You wanted to watch a movie? " Jaehyun looked around after he was dragged by Soojin to the cinema.

 

"It's been such a long time since I've visited here. The last time was during middle school, " Soojin said.

 

When my family was still happy.

 

"Really? " Jaehyun asked, while looking at the excited Soojin next to him.

 

"Well then, I'll treat you to this movie then." He said and reached out for his wallet.

 

Soojin shook her head. "You've treated me enough. It's my turn."

 

Jaehyun immediately offered his money to the ticket counter and stuck his tongue out. "Bleh. Save that for later. Treat me dinner after the movie."

 

Soojin nodded, "Fine."

 

The both of them walked side by side and made their way to the cinema. The movie they were watching was a horror movie. Apparently, Soojin wanted to watch The Conjuring 2.

 

"Aren't you scared of horror movies? " Jaehyun asked her as they stepped in the cinema.

 

"Not really. You? "

 

--

 

"She's In The Frame Ho Mai God! "

 

"No No No What! "

 

"I'm Not Watching That, Nu Uh! "

 

He closed his eyes in certain scenes, but tried to make it not obvious in front of Soojin. He also tried to hold himself from shouting everytime the ghost appeared.

 

"Oh My God Why Is She Appearing In The Hallway? ! " Jaehyun screamed in his mind and he hugged the popcorn tight.

 

Jaehyun felt his heart beating so fast as he touched his chest. He tried calming himself down and chewed some popcorn.

 

He suddenly remembered Soojin. Soojin was beside him the whole time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter