006

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Mochi. How could I ever forget? "

 

Soojin felt her heart beating faster than ever that it's about to explode. Her cheeks felt so warm and it turned bright red.

 

Jaehyun realised Soojin being flustered and chuckled.

 

"I was worried you didn't want me to act like I know you. Because… I'm a nerd and I used to get bullied, right? " Jaehyun said.

 

Soojin pouted, "I'm not that mean."

 

Jaehyun smiled, "Of course not. I'm actually surprised that you remembered me."

 

"Why are you surprised? That's normal, isn't it? " Soojin asked.

 

Jaehyun shook his head with a small smile forming on his face. "Because I look different, that's why."

 

Soojin rolled her eyes playfully.

 

He obviously knows he's good looking.

 

"We should get going, you know. Unless you wanna be late for the next class, " Soojin changed the subject as she turned the door knob.

 

"Right. Let's go, " Jaehyun walked towards the door and trailed behind Soojin.

 

The walk to class was quiet and awkward, so Soojin triend to break the ice.

 

"But seriously, why did you act like you didn't know me? You even acted like you forgot my name, " Soojin asked.

 

Jaehyun turned to Soojin, "You really wanna know? "

 

Soojin nodded.

 

Jaehyun shrugged, "I don't know. I Just thought you wanted a new start, and pretended to not know me. That's why."

 

Soojin scoffed. "Pft. Now you make me sound like a jerk."

 

Well I was a jerk to you last time. But that doesn't count. I was only 10.

 

"No you're not. You were my only friend in elementary, " Jaehyun slightly smiled.

 

Jaehyun sighed and decided to skip lunch because he lost his appetite. Not only that, some of the bullies actually took his money and he was left with none. He rested his head on his table, trying to sleep the hunger away.

 

Not long after that, someone place a bottle of milk and chocolate bun. Jaehyun lifted his head to see who it was. To his surprise it was his crush, Soojin.

 

"What is this? "

 

"It's food, can't you see? " Soojin cleared before continuing, "I had extra money left and accidentally spent it on this milk and bread. But I'm already full, so you can have it, " she lightly pushed the milk and bread closer to Jaehyun.

 

"T-thanks. I'll enjoy it, " Jaehyun shyly accepted the food.

 

"You're welcome, " Soojin answered and went to her seat back.

 

"How did she know I was hungry? " Jaehyun whispered to himself and opened the packet of bread. He took a bite and a smile appeared on his face.

 

"Is it just me, or is this bread extra tasty today? " He chuckled. 

 

Jaehyun chuckled to himself after recalling his sweet memory.

 

"If you wanna laugh, you should tell me what you're thinking too, " Soojin said and turned to him, "So I can laugh too."

 

Jaehyun shook his head, "No,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter